PDA

View Full Version : The true numbers...on the Corporate Thieves!

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 07:44 AM
From 1936 to 1939 CEOs earned 82 times what the average worker made.
From 1940 to 1945 CEOs earned 66 times what the average worker made.
From 1945 to 1949 CEOs earned 49 times what the average worker made.
From 1950 to 1959 CEOs earned 47 times what the average worker made.
From 1960 to 1969 CEOs earned 39 times what the average worker made.
From 1970 to 1979 CEOS earned 40 times what the average worker made.
From 1980 to 1989 CEOs earned 69 times what the average worker made.
From 1990 to 1999 CEOs earned 187 times what the average worker made.
From 2000 to 2003 CEOs earned 367 times what the average worker made

Gee, I sure am glad they got all those tax breaks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Disgusting, isn't it?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
07-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Gayle, I had read an article earlier that claimed it's now 500 times what the avg worker bee gets. wonder if they add in stock options, bonuses,the no interest loans, which are forgiven upon departure,etc....and the golden parachute. One exec,is getting a bonus for leading his company through a "successful BK".
(In the old Communist China, he would probably have been shot for failing to meet produtction goals)
And then we have the conservate, Christian, Republican CEOs Bernie Ebbers,John Rigas and family,....and Ken Lay...well we had "Kennie Boy", GWB's fond nickname for his biggest contributer,but Kennie checked out.
What was GWB's old campaign line about corporate accountability? (He must have forgotten his own CEO stint that cost investor's and friend's millions)
Successful BK...."war is peace"....1984 has arrived.....

DickLeonard
07-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Wolfdancer Poor Kenny boy won in the end. Enron people got screwed both ways.####

wolfdancer
07-06-2006, 08:52 AM
One guy was speculating on TV last nite, thet he might have taken the easy way out.He said there are drugs that simulate death by heart attack. By going to his grave before his convictions are upheld by an appellate court....the convictions will now be expunged, and he will have died an innocent man in the eyes of the law.

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Jack,
I got these figures from an article at www.Huffingtonpost.com. (http://www.Huffingtonpost.com.) and the guy who wrote it did so in response to an article that's in the Wall Street Journal, I think, which he says uses faulty methods to try to play down the huge profits being enjoyed by our CEO's. It's pretty interesting.

Yeah, Kenny Boy got off easy. I'd rather have seen him have his heart attack in Jail! As for Bush, they've got to be one of the most crooked Dynasties we've ever seen. Too bad the Middle class tax payer, and our troops, are paying the price for all his rich friends, both here, and in the Middle East.

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
07-06-2006, 10:49 AM
http://www.apolitical.info/CEO/

Calculate how long it takes a top 500 CEO to make what you make.

According to this a top 500 CEO takes 14 seconds to make what a minimum wage employee makes in a year.

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, and the Republican Congress has stopped every single effort to raise the minimum wage. Anyone who says this bunch isn't out to represent the rich, and the rich only, hasn't got a clue what's happening.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, and from what I have read, his wife pulled some insider trading along the way. I understand she sat in court, writing scriptures from the Bible, LMAO, maybe she and Cunningham and Delay can start a prayer group, I'm sure, atleast one of the Millionaire Evangelists, Billy Graham, or maybe Falwell, will be more than happy to lead the group, for a price, ofcourse!

Funny how all the Republican crooks and fanatical Islamist killers are so religious!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

wolfdancer
07-06-2006, 11:59 AM
I like the prayer group idea...maybe eg8r can join them

pooltchr
07-07-2006, 03:29 AM
You all have stooped to a new low. Regardless of what he may have done in his life, THE MAN DIED!!!! The fact that you can get on here and make light of it says a lot. You knock the right for having no compassion, yet read what you have writted. Yes, he did wrong, he stole a lot of money...but dying from a heart attack is serious. You all should be proud of yourselves.

As for CEO wages, they make what they can get. If the stockholders of these companies didn't think they were worth it, they shouldn't pay them so much. I was on a job interview recently, and the interviewer asked how much I wanted to make. My answer was "As much as I can!" If it comes down to it, they will make an offer of what they think I am worth. If you want to make that much, do what these guys did. Work your butt off, learn all you can about business, and work your way to the top. Do you think they got there spending all their time bit**ing about how terrible big business is???????
Steve

Qtec
07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
A guy steals your car. He writes it off in an accident and your insurance goes up. That guy might get life if its his 3rd offence.! To you that guy is a POS that deserves everything he gets. Right?
Lay steals from 1,000s of people for a zillion times what your car is worth- should we honour him?
Lets face it, he was best buddies with GW and he was a crook.!! Even now GW calls him 'a good guy'. This is a guy that faked a power shortage in CA to bump up profits!
Just shows you how far GW's morals stretch, doesn't it .
Gabber

wolfdancer
07-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I spend a lot of my time reading financial news...everyday, I get Reuters, the online WSJ,Shaeffers,and Marketwatch delivered to my email acc't. After reading some of the horror stories, the John Sculley's, the Gil Amelio's,and many other CEO's begin to lose some of their glamour. It's not about product innovation.....the better mousetrap...anymore, not even about boosting sales. It's all about cutting jobs here, and outsourcing production. And this is rewarded with another $10 mil bonus on top of the $80 mil salary.
In times past, business was a vital part of a community.....now
Big business has lost it's allegience to America.
I don't want to debate business ethics with you though. I have my own ideas about ethics, you have WalMart...
As to Ken Lay....you're right, I have no compassion, none, for the man. He ruined the lives of thousands of people,cost them their life savings,and their pensions. The energy manipulation that Enron perfected was just theft,on an unprecedented scale, that thousands of others paid for in higher energy bills.
He might have been one of your right wing Christian heroes, being GWB's top supporter, and close friend....but to the rest of us, he was nothing more then a thief.
And finally while death by a heart attack, a myocardial infarction, is a painful way to go, in a survey among Doctors, it would be their preferred way to die, since death is also swift.
I'd rather die that way, then lose limbs, eyesight, and bleed to death from some roadside bomb in Iraq......or is that just part of doing business?
I don't see any comparision between you asking to be paid what you are worth, and the gross, excesses of the packages that many CEO's get...at the costs of wages and jobs

pooltchr
07-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Q.
I didn't say that. I just find it odd that all those who claim to be so compassionate about the poor and underpriveliged can not see the sadness in any human dying of a heart attack. I don't justify what he did, but this level of conversation regarding someone dying of a heart attack shows me how two-faced many people can be.
This is by far one of the most tasteless attacks I have seen on this board....and I have seen some pretty tasteless comments.
You all must really hate big business more than I imagined!
I thnik a lot are just upset that he actually had the nerve to die before he got sent to prison.
Steve

wolfdancer
07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I just read the whole thread....and I see two references to his death:
I wrote Kenny boy checked out....meaning I'd have rather seen him pay for his crimes,in jail.
Dick wrote he'd have rather he had the coronary in prison.
Neither comment should bring tears to your eyes.....Neither of us wanted him to die, just to pay for his crimes.My pity is for the people that may have taken their own lives, after Ken cost them everything. If Enron is your idea of Big Business, you're correct about our disdain. You were expecting flowers and a sympathy card maybe?

pooltchr
07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Oh, I don't know. I guess I'm just a little old fashioned about having some respect for the dead.
silly me!
Steve

wolfdancer
07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, not having Mark Anthony's gift for speaking kindly of the dead:
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones.."
I thought by writing that he is now innocent in the eyes of the law, was faint praise enough.

Gayle in MD
07-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Steve wrote..."When a woman spreads her legs, she loses her defence."
You've read some pretty tasteless comments?....
You've written some pretty tasteless comments, too! How many women pay you for pool lessons? You wanna talk about being two-faced? Wonder how they'd feel if they knew some of your opinions regarding women? What you wrote gets my first place prize for the ugliest, nastiest, most hateful post on the CCB ever!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Pahleeze!

pooltchr
07-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I think I would have spelled "defense" correctly.
Steve

Gayle in MD
07-11-2006, 04:03 AM
Hey Jack, these Corporate thieves are the heros of the right. How dare us make fun of a corporate pig who bilked thousands of grunts out of their money.... is how a rightie sees it, since the Bush family is what they admire, how can they possibly judge other corporate pigs harshly. Georgie boy and his siblings were all bilking their shareholders long before Ken Lay got around to it!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-11-2006, 04:04 AM
Yeah, right, as long as you spell your sexist statements correctly, that makes it all good!

ceebee
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Did anyone question if ol' Ken Lay actually died? There was a lot of secrecy around his burial & only 1 Deputy Sheriff montoring the proceedings

I wouldn't put it past the government to sell out & let this theif go loose

pooltchr
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Yeah, right, as long as you spell your sexist statements correctly, that makes it all good! <hr /></blockquote>

But you would never post anything that wasn't sexist or disgusting.......

"while their right wing southern base, bends over to grab their ankles, more more more! They love it."

...unless it was about conservative right wing southerners, I suppose.

You know how to dish it out...but when it goes against what you believe, all of a sudden, it's not fair!
You are a real joke!

cushioncrawler
07-11-2006, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I think I would have spelled "defense" correctly.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Steve -- i am pleezed to see that u are happy to uze Teddy Roosevelt's simplyfyd system of spelling of defence (defense) 100 years after he got a boot up the behind for trying to introduce it. I notice that "s" was the original spelling allso, ie back in perhaps 1606.

Mightbe my own simplyfyd system of spelling might be in favor (another Teddyizm??) in 2106, ie 100 years after i felt your boot in my behind (it still stingz a bit) -- much of my stuff goes back to 1606 allso if i can help it. (No harm meant here -- i am just kidding az uzual -- keep this stuff coming). madMac.

Gayle in MD
07-12-2006, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't put anything past this corrupt republican majority! He's probably laid back on the ranch in Texas, eating bon bons with Condi and Laura!

Imagine, a President, calling such a thief, a good guy! What else can Bush say after scooping up all that Enron money stolen from people in California for his own benefit, flying around in the Enron Jet throughout the whole first campaign! He's a crook, just like Kenny Boy!

Can you believe, some people are so dumb, they can't see the difference between having compassion for the poor, and taking up for the kind of man who has taken advantage of honest, tax paying citizens to line his own pocket! Unbelievable!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Maybe you should read what you have writted. LMAO....

Gayle in MD
07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
BWA HA HA HA...hey, if you can't see the difference between compassion for the poor and underpriveleged, and compassion for a crook like Ken Lay, that explains why you support George Bush!

Gayle in Md.