PDA

View Full Version : NYT fingers Rumsfeld to Al Q

Qtec
07-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Tinfoil hats at the ready. LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Conservative pundits reveal murderous plot by the Travel Section of the NYT!

(updated below - updated again)

I learned today from Michelle Malkin, Powerline's John Hinderaker, Red State, and David Horowitz, among others, that The New York Times not only wants to help Al Qaeda launch terrorist attacks on the United States, but that newspaper also want to do everything possible to enable The Terrorists to assassinate Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld. That is the conclusion which these sober leaders of "conservative" punditry drew after reading this article in the Times' Travel section, which features the tiny, charming village of St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, where both Cheney and Rumsfeld have vacation homes.

Darkly lurking beneath the rustic, playful tone of the NYT Travel article is a homicidal plot on the part of the reporters and editors of the Times to provide a roadmap to their Al Qaeda allies so that they find Cheney and Rumsfeld (and maybe even Mrs. Rumsfeld) and murder them. As Malkin astutely inquires:

Why publish maps and specific street names and photographs of the private (not anymore) homes where the Vice President and Defense Secretary and their families spend their vacations?

Why?

Because blabbermouth Bill Keller feels like it, right? (Interesting timing, no?) . . . .

And because al Qaeda already must have an inkling that Rumsfeld and Cheney live somewhere in the greater Washington, D.C. area, right? So what's the harm in handing them all the details, right?

This is not the first manifestation of this plot either. Rather, Malkin's investigation reveals that this is merely the latest prong in the liberal/Al Qaeda plot of intimidation to expose the location of conservatives' residences:

There is a concerted, organized effort to dig up and publicize the private home information of prominent conservatives in the media and blogosphere to intimidate them.

Michelle says she learned of this murderous plot from Front Page Magazine, to which she courteously provided a "hat tip." That Front Page article is authored by David Horowitz, and is headlined:

"The NY Times points cranks, radicals, al-Qaeda operatives and would be assassins to the summer homes of Cheney and Rumsfeld"

Supporting that announcement, Horowitz proclaims:

In an apparent retaliation for criticism of its disclosure of classified intelligence to America's enemies, the New York Times June 30th edition has printed huge color photos of the vacation residences of Vice President Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, identifying the small Maryland town where they live, showing the front driveway and in Rumsfeld's case actually pointing out the hidden security camera in case any hostile intruders should get careless . . .

Make no mistake about it, there is a war going on in this country. The aggressors in this war are Democrats, liberals and leftists who began a scorched earth campaign against President Bush before the initiation of hostilities in Iraq.

The initiators of this war were Al Gore and Jimmy Carter who attacked the president's attempt to rally the world against Saddam's defiance of international law in September 2002 just after his appeal to the UN General Assembly.

Michelle also provided a "hat tip" to NewsMax for its coverage of the Times' Travel Section assassination plot. The NewsMax article is headlined "New York Times retaliates against Cheney, Rumsfeld," and in its very first sentence warned, with no irony at all:

Beware of travel feature stories posing as invitations to terror. . . .

Times Travel section writer Peter Kilborn even makes sure enemies of the two men will know such details as where Mrs. Rumsfeld shops in the eastern shore town of St. Michaels, Md. where the two administration officials have weekend retreats.

He even lets the curious know what street the Cheneys and Rumsfelds have to use to get to their own road.

It's all part of the war against President Bush, Horowitz charges.

blog (http://glenngreenwald.blogspot.com/2006/07/conservative-pundits-reveal-murderous.html) <hr /></blockquote>

Why are they so angry? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They are almost foaming at the mouth!
It just goes to show how important facts are to rightwing pundits who faithfually repeat, over and over again, Con talking points. Even when they have no basis in truth.

Q

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 11:17 AM
LMAO, this is hillarious! No wonder Republicans think that Liberals are our greatest Nuclear threat!

I saw last week, either on the travel channel, or in that Documentary on Cheney's Dark Side, and then again on the fourth of July, The America series, all this information, including a video of both driveways, pointing out the surveillance equipment in the bird house, and shots from the water, Before this story was ever in the Times.

If these idiot neocon pundits knew anything about St. Michaels, they'd know that all anyone would have to do is go in any bar or grocery store, and any of the town's people would tell you exactly how to find their houses. There are only a few streets in the whole town anyway. You wouldn't have to be a brian surgeon to figure it out for yourself, or, just follow the line of black SUV's! I past them on their way overthere last week on my way to the Ocean! I knew either Rummy or Uncle Fester was inside!

Rumsfeld is now living where Gayle once slept, /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif his place used to be one of my favorite Bed and Breakfast places when we kept the boat on the Bay. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Gee, I remember reading classified info like this in the past
Camp David
Hyannis Port
The Reagan Ranch
but now it's top secret?
Interesting article though....I didn't know that Jimmy Carter and Al Gore ruined Bush's idea for a diplomatic settlement concerning Iraq....and therefore are to blame for this war, which GWB tried to avoid.

DickLeonard
07-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Gayle I think you will have to go have your brain washed and de classified. Remember Mafia Dons always had to have their back against the wall, they didn't put themselves in harms way. It seems that the two Boobusses have put themselves in harms way and now it is the New York Times fault for leading Al Kida to there door, when a first grade spy could find them on his second field trip.####

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 09:49 PM
BWA HA HA HA...Well, you could tell, he was, shall we say, so cunning and swave in his demeanor, he surely would have confused the enemy, and come up with a grand plan for sudden, unexpected victory, a brief, hands down, win, that is, if not for Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, and Clinton.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
07-06-2006, 09:58 PM
LOL...My only concern is that St. Michaels may not be big enough for both Cheney's and Rumsfeld's egos! Believe me, St. Michaels is the last place anyone would go to blend in with the scenery, and live un-noticed! It would be kind of like Elvis hiding himself away at Hilton Head Island!

Hey,... Boobusses, I like that! Good one...

Love,
Gayle

pooltchr
07-07-2006, 03:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Why are they so angry? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif They are almost foaming at the mouth!

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

Q,
I have seen far more anger right here on this forum on the part of the left. As for "foaming at the mouth", how about those who were just about ready to wet themselves at the prospect of indictments against some of the administration? Talk about a double standard!!!

I don't know if I agree with Fran that the liberal left is the greatest nuclear threat we face...but I do agree that they are one of the greatest threats to this country.

The thing that scares me is that I think some of the posters on here actually believe some of the crap they post!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Steve

Qtec
07-07-2006, 04:40 AM
The bigest threat at the momment is your Govt! They want the Pres to have powers that a Pres should not have.

They are now attacking the press because there is an election coming up. There will be more of this type of attacks on judges, academics, science, FACTS etc from the GOP wingnut punditry.

Q

wolfdancer
07-07-2006, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that scares me is that I think some of the posters on here actually believe some of the crap they post!!! <hr /></blockquote>
I can't believe that you wrote that....!!!!
but when somebody is more concerned about smoker's rights,then any Bush authorised suspension of the Constitution....why should I be surprised?
for the record, I believe everything that I write...After 6 years of a Republican led Congress, and a right wing White House,...the USA, and the world is worse off for it.

pooltchr
07-07-2006, 11:57 AM
wolf,
It's never been about smoker's rights...it's always been about the rights of business owners to make their own business decisions. But that's ok..you read into it whatever you want to read into it. Some day, maybe you will understand.
Steve

Gayle in MD
07-13-2006, 05:54 AM
After 6 years of a Republican led Congress, and a right wing White House,...the USA, and the world is worse off for it.

Truer words were never spoken. Interesting, how the right, the true extremists, the war mongering spastics, the deny reality experts, continuously try to paint liberals as threats to our country. They're supporting a President who regularly breaks the law, trys to squelch factual info, and intimidate those who speak the truth, while he generally screws up everything he touches, but we're the true threat! Remember, these are the same folks who defend the honor of people like Ken Lay... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I still can't figure out which religious group is the most dangerous, Radical Islamists, or the religious right! America is being attacked by both!

Gayle in Md.