PDA

View Full Version : Market for old cues

leonkush
07-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Hello,

I have a Brunswick b26 traditional ivory joint and ferrule conversion.The cue is a lovley antique but I haven't had any interest in the AZ Forum http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=35647

Are people interested in cues of this age? - is their a market for them?

Or are people only after older Titlists?

Can anyone recommend a place where these cues can be sold?

Any feedback would be appreciated.....

cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scott Lee
07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
leonkush...I told you before, when you asked about this cue, that the value is in the cue in it's original condition, BEFORE any conversions or reconditioning, no matter WHO does it. I suspect the "Blue Book" value to be quite on the high side, as I've never heard of an old one piece cue going for several thousand dollars, unless it was one of the marquetry (sp?) inlaid cues from the 1700's...and in primo condition too. I have a collector friend, who has many of these old one-piece cues, and he didn't think the value of the original listed was anywhere near $5K! Like I told you months ago...a cue is only worth what someone will pay for it. If you invested a lot in this conversion hoping to cash in, you probably aren't gonna. BTW, I think your last offer of $800 is pretty darn fair, if ya ask me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee

leonkush
07-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Hello Scott,

Thanks for your reply..

I have kept in mind your previous advise and realise as the cue is a conversion that it cannot be compared to an untouched original condition cue.

I have seen that Titlist conversions are very popular and sort after and sell for around $1000+ depending on the cue Maker. My main question is whether the older cues such as mine are sort after as a conversion? and if there are websites around where people have an interest in Titilist and older Brunswick conversion cues.

The $800 is basically the amount that I paid for the cue. I wish to sell it as I am looking at buying a Curly maple Predator P2 cue and don't want a house full of pool cues...

Anyway thanks for the advise.. If anyone has a P2 Predator Curly Maple no wrap cue and want to swap for my Brunswick give me a yell.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Leon

cueball1950
07-08-2006, 09:50 PM
a friend of mine named Tom who deals in antiques had the almost same exact cue. he put it on ebay as a 1 piece cue and before he even got 2 bids someone from a museum in the mid west contacted him thru ebay to make sure it still was 1 piece and when guaranteed it was they promptyl bought it for a sum over $1,500.00 which i cannot divulge. So i would say that they are more sought after as a 1 piece cue. but i will tell you what. i will ask my friend if he still has the contact info on that museum and see if i can get ti you thru a PM........................mike

leonkush
07-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Thank you very much for your email.

It is greatly appreciated. Interestingly my main focus of the conversion was to use the traditional joint style and materials of the era. And not to use modern joints or materials. As I did not want to drastically depreciate from the original style.

Cheers

Leon