PDA

View Full Version : DISASSEMLING older PoolTable???

Fivepointstang
07-08-2006, 01:01 PM
My father in law has an old (early 50s maybe) pool table in his basement that he wants to give me. Anyway, it has the solid one piece slate and it seems pretty thick (maybe 2 in). Anyway, I only found four bolts underneath the table on the legs and then when I tool the edge part of the rail cover off I am looking at more bolts which I cant figure out how to unscrew. Its like a circle with the holes straight across. Looks unlike anything Ive ever seen.

Do I need a special tool to take this slate out or what? Or should I hire a professional to move this? Wonder how much that would cost... anyone? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks,
Chris

Scott Lee
07-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Depending on how far you need it moved, you should be able to hire a professional to move it and set it up in your house for $300-$400. That's what I'd recommend. You might get it apart, but not be able to set it up well. The slate is likely 3 pieces, not one.

Scott Lee

dad8
07-10-2006, 08:10 AM
You have a pretty old table,the rails are called T-Rails.You do need the correct tool to take those rails off or you could just use needle nose plyers.If you want the correct tool I think Meuller's sell's it.Generaly most billiard mechanics charge a little more to work on T-rail tables. I would let someone that has worked on a T-Rail table do the job.Figure around 500.00 to move the table.

ceebee
07-10-2006, 08:47 AM
You can buy the T-Rail tool from Mueller's. You may even find that you really have a 3 piece slate, unless you have already take the cloth off.

I've done more than several times.

After you have disassembled the table (Unless the slate really is one piece), one man can take a few pieces at a time, to a pickup. Get a friend & a moving dolly to help with moving the slates.

If you have Leather Drop Pockets, you will want to take out the screws that attach the pockets to the rails first.
Then you remove the lowers screws that attach one end rail, slide the end rail off & the corner pockets will be yours to slide out. It's a step by step process from there.

If you have the Gold Crown style with rubber or plastic drop pockets, the process is a bit different. If that is the case, gimme a PM & we can talk.

ceebee
07-10-2006, 08:48 AM
You can buy the T-Rail tool from Mueller's. You may even find that you really have a 3 piece slate, unless you have already take the cloth off.

I've done this more than several times.

After you have disassembled the table (Unless the slate really is one piece), one man can take a few pieces at a time, to a pickup. Get a friend & a moving dolly to help with moving the slates.

If you have Leather Drop Pockets, you will want to take out the screws that attach the pockets to the rails first.
Then you remove the lowers screws that attach one end rail, slide the end rail off & the corner pockets will be yours to slide out. It's a step by step process from there.

If you have the Gold Crown style with rubber or plastic drop pockets, the process is a bit different. If that is the case, gimme a PM & we can talk.