PDA

View Full Version : For DFW area posters...

SPetty
07-11-2002, 01:21 PM
I don't know if anyone is aware, or if maybe you all are aware, but Scott Lee is on the road (or soon to be) on his way to the BCA thing in New Orleans.

I've been "talking" to him and he'll be stopping in the DFW area around 7/19 - 7/20. I'm planning on getting together with him for a lesson for a few hours - probably Saturday. Is anyone else meeting up with him while he's here? Anyone else want to? Spiderman? Sid Vicious? Rackmup? PoolFool? Mr. Smiley? Ward? Michelle?

Maybe houstondan wants to drive up for the weekend...

I'm expecting miracles myself...

SPetty~~~apologizing to any local regulars I may have missed in my list...

07-11-2002, 02:28 PM
I had e-mail from Scott a while back saying he was coming through. Do you have any idea about what PH or general DFW region Scott will be "doin' his thang?" sid

SPetty
07-11-2002, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid Vicious:</font><hr> Do you have any idea about what PH or general DFW region Scott will be "doin' his thang?"<hr></blockquote>Whoa, don't know if I want to see that!

Solid plans haven't been made yet. I'm suggesting CJ's, but also offering up Click's Skillman or Click's Kingsley. Anywhere but Arlington!

Scott Lee
07-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Thanks, SPetty! I'm looking forward to working with you too! As a sidenote, I will be in Austin on Sunday, 7/21 and Houston on Monday, 7/22. Anyone interested can email me.

Scott Lee

SpiderMan
07-11-2002, 03:57 PM
SP,

Let me know where you're going to be, I'd like to stop
and say hello if it won't disturb what you're doing.

But remember, you still owe me that tape, so bring it!

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> I don't know if anyone is aware, or if maybe you all are aware, but Scott Lee is on the road (or soon to be) on his way to the BCA thing in New Orleans.

I've been "talking" to him and he'll be stopping in the DFW area around 7/19 - 7/20. I'm planning on getting together with him for a lesson for a few hours - probably Saturday. Is anyone else meeting up with him while he's here? Anyone else want to? Spiderman? Sid Vicious? Rackmup? PoolFool? Mr. Smiley? Ward? Michelle?

Maybe houstondan wants to drive up for the weekend...

I'm expecting miracles myself...

SPetty~~~apologizing to any local regulars I may have missed in my list...
<hr></blockquote>

07-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Cheapest time is Kingsley in the morning, 7-11am is free. Then Skillman will go into flat rate at 11-8pm @$3. CJ's will cost healthily compared to those two. If CJ's is more convenient on Scott or yourself since y'all are doing lessons, then it doesn't matter to me. I don't have solid plans to spend a lot of time either place, but the time cost will bend the desire a bit...sid

PoolFool
07-11-2002, 09:44 PM
I would love to be there but I have to work late the 19th (Fri.) and I don't get off until 6:00 P.M. on Sat.I can be anywhere in DFW by 8:00 Sat. night. Keep us informed.

PoolFool

07-11-2002, 11:30 PM
hey there S.Petty... get some help from Scott Lee with your Break Shot, so you ain't a harmful threat to folks playing around or near you. Your buddy said you couldn't keep the cue ball on the Table... that means trouble to nearby people &amp; BALL IN HAND to your opponent......

Rich R.
07-12-2002, 04:18 AM
SPetty, I know you have had other pool instruction, but I think you will still enjoy and benefit from your time with Scott. He is a great guy and it is apparent that he loves what he is doing. Rich R.

SPetty
07-12-2002, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rack Boy:</font><hr> Your buddy said you couldn't keep the cue ball on the Table... <hr></blockquote>Hello Rack Boy,

Although I try to resist responding to anonymous posters, I guess my resistance is low today, as you've sucked me in!

The problem, as you may recall, was with the bungee cord attached to the break rak device. If the bungee cord wasn't there to launch the cue ball, the cue ball would stay fine on the table. In fact, I think it's safe to admit that I've never launched a cue ball off the table on a break shot, except of course when gently practicing with the break rak.