PDA

View Full Version : lie of the day

moblsv
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Rove said research shows "we have far more promise from adult stem cells than from embryonic stem cells."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/11/rove.stemcell.ap/index.html

Gayle in MD
07-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Does anybody in this administration ever tell the truth about anything? It's as though they think that all they have to do is make a statement of lies, and they automatically become reality! That's what happens when crooks manage to corrupt elections, and gain majority, your base is ignorant, and your wealthy friends can buy the media to promote propaganda to give credence to your lies.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I find it interesting that Bush is more concerned about embyros, then the young men and women he is sending over to Iraq, to be killed or horribly maimed...
And like Viet-nam...it will all be for naught in the end.
As for the dems being weak on the economy....well, we did all suffer through the Clinton admin,....and the economy is strong now.......................
if you're in the oil industry, or work for Haliburton.....
Bush will veto stem cell research....on moralistic grounds????.....mind boggling

moblsv
07-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Does anybody else see the familiar pattern here?

Decoy Stem Cell Bill is set to confuse voters and allow shameless political Grandstanding. This Decoy Bill would ban the nonexistent practice of "fetal farming" "removing embryos from women's wombs for medical research".

The other, sponsored by Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan., would mandate that the National Institutes of Health focus its research dollars on cures from adult stem cells.

All three bills are likely to pass. The House could vote on the two new Senate stem cell bills as early as Wednesday of next week.

The bills would then move to the White House. Rep. Mike Castle, R-Del., who authored the original bill, said he expects the president to veto the embryonic bill quietly, then hold a signing ceremony for the adult stem-cell bill, touting his support for stem-cell research.

Yes, and Karl Rove will declare that Bush is a Hero, and the Stem Cell President, who just signed a Bill that prevents scientist from fetal farming , and paying poor women for the body parts of their little unborn snow flake children.

Gayle in MD
07-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Hypocracy thrives at 1600 Pensylvania Avenue! Impeachment prodeedings should have gone forward long ago!

The so called "Conservatives" who are spending pigs in disguise, have set back the progress of mankind on many fronts. There is nothing more difficult to watch than when you must witness the scum of the earth, get away with murder, over and over again! Economics, science, conservation, human rights, it's har to think of anything of importance, that this administration has worsened. They'
re disgusting.

Bush didn't mind refusing to heed "God's Will" when he sent Laura in for those furtility treatments! No wonder God didn't want him reproducing himself! Science is fine, as long as it is for something that Georgie needs! He couldn't even do THAT right! Is there anything this guy has ever rightfully succeeded at accomplishing? don't say getting into the White House, he cheated!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
07-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Lie of the day:

Israel was wrong.

Gayle in MD
07-19-2006, 05:26 AM
You are so right. The right wing media has reported so many lies about stem cell research, it's incredible. Coulter's book, for one, is chock full of misinformation about stem cell research.

Distraction, and misinformation, the tools of destruction used by the neocons.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
07-19-2006, 05:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Lie of the day:

Israel was wrong.

<hr /></blockquote>

I was watching the evacuation of Lebanon, and one young lady made the comment to the camera "This is all Isreal's fault." I am constantly amazed how uninformed so many people can be! Although I shouldn't be too surprised...after all, I read some of the comments on here too!
Steve

Deeman3
07-19-2006, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Lie of the day:

Israel was wrong.

<hr /></blockquote>

I was watching the evacuation of Lebanon, and one young lady made the comment to the camera "This is all Isreal's fault." I am constantly amazed how uninformed so many people can be! Although I shouldn't be too surprised...after all, I read some of the comments on here too!
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Steve,

I heard a comment on TV last night that was not a lie. They said, "If you take the weapons away from Iran and the other Islamic groups, things will settle in 24 hours, if you take the weapons away from Israel, they will all be dead in 24 hours!

Thank God for Israel. Maybe someone can talk Iran into kidnapping an Israeli soldier.</font color>

Deeman

Qtec
07-19-2006, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Lie of the day:

Israel was wrong.

<hr /></blockquote>

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

After 20/30 years of civil war, Lebanon was just getting back on its feet. Just because a radical faction takes 2 prisoners, Israel sees that as justification to reduce the country's infra-structure to rubble and civilians are now fair game. they are paying the price, not Hezbollah!
In the Gaza strip, 1200 rockets were fired over a period of months by some stupid brainless Hamas idiots and they only succeeded in killing 1 person. Result. Israel again attacks the infra-structure which only serves to punish the civilian pop as a whole. Hamas couldn't give a $hi^!

Just round the corner from where I live is a small cemetery from WW11. Its where the Nazi's executed 25 people - picked at random- as punishment for a sabbotage attack. They shoot 25 people at random then say, "next time it will be 50!".
Its called 'collective punishment' and is banned by the Gen Con.

Hamas, with their suicide bombers, tried to force change by targeting the Israeli civilian pop. Now Isreal is doing the same with GW's blessing!
At this momment[ and I found this surprising at first] most ordinary Palestinians would rather die than give back that Israeli soldier! This is the truth. They won't give him back for nothing!

Q... Hamas has 1 hostage that they want to trade. Israel has 12,000 prisoners[ also hezbollah]- most of whom have never seen a lawyer or a court or have been charged with any crime. Sound familiar?

pooltchr
07-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Q,
It doesn't sound familiar enough to me! I like the way Israel handles things. The US should be MORE like them!
They have been the punching bag in the middle east as long as I can remember...but if you mess with them, you can fully expect they are going to retaliate.....HARD! It's called "survival".
Steve

bigman
07-19-2006, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr>"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge."-Stephen Hawking<hr /></blockquote>

Stephen Hawking is a communist. He belongs someplace like North Korea where his voodoo science might be respected.

eg8r
07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't sound familiar enough to me! I like the way Israel handles things. The US should be MORE like them!
<hr /></blockquote> No kidding. Israel does not take any crap. Those hezbollah weenies want to kidnap a soldier and then cry for peace when Israel starts kicking their butts.

eg8r

eg8r
07-19-2006, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stephen Hawking is a communist. He belongs someplace like North Korea where his voodoo science might be respected. <hr /></blockquote> Come on, give the guy a break. He already admitted his life long study of black holes was all for naught.

eg8r &lt;~~~struggled to read through Hawking's book but after a couple of days I perservered /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The man is a genius.

bigman
07-19-2006, 08:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Come on, give the guy a break. He already admitted his life long study of black holes was all for naught.

eg8r &lt;~~~struggled to read through Hawking's book but after a couple of days I perservered /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The man is a genius. <hr /></blockquote>

Worst. Genius. Ever.

bigman
07-19-2006, 08:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> No kidding. Israel does not take any crap. Those hezbollah weenies want to kidnap a soldier and then cry for peace when Israel starts kicking their butts.
<hr /></blockquote>

Israel needs to kill more people before the expatriots/tourists/etc. from other countries leave. They need to set an example so these people can come away with respect for Israel and the US of A. What are US citizens doing in a country like Lebanon? Hopefully the cruise ships take them to Guatanamo Bay. We give Israel billions of dollars, and weapons out the wazoo - it is nice to see a country other than the US take the initiative and blow the crap out of terrorists. Thats the best spent american tax dollars I've ever seen.

nAz
07-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Q soon you will be called an anti-Semite watch your step!

ya i know what you mean 300 dead in Lebanon, 95% civilians less then 30 dead israelis 95% military... Like my Hasidic friend Mr. Gold and his son use to tell me "Jewish life is not cheap", "one is worth more then any 100 Gentiles". i love that old man he new where his heart and the truth is. lol too bad he couldn't play i lick of pool.

Al Nakba, I fear the west will never understand why they hate each other.

DickLeonard
07-20-2006, 04:42 AM
Naz President Prescott Bush 1111 in 2106 will be asked the same Question why the hell are we still in Iraq. Were bringing them Democrazy we have to Stay the Course.

One other question in Bigman Karl Roves internet handle?####

Gayle in MD
07-20-2006, 06:31 AM
They're killing civilians. You're right wing "Pro Life" alright! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif One can tell you truly value life!

Gayle in Md.

bigman
07-20-2006, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dodo bird in MD:</font><hr> They're killing civilians. You're right wing "Pro Life" alright! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif One can tell you truly value life!

Dodo Bird in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Civilans are just an obstacle for eliminating terrorism. There deaths should be minimized. Lets not forget the president that was in charge when Israel was created in such a responsible manner, good ole democrat Harry Truman. What a wise man, making good decisions that don't impact the lives of people outside of the United States. It will probably take hundred years for US republicans to clean up all the crap those New Deal Democrats pushed through the
House and Senate. Hey but the New Deal and other liberal programs provide food for Dodo bird in Md. I can blame you for defending the democrats, Dodo Bird in Md., I mean how would a Dodo Bird in Md. survive without welfare, foodstamps, and other not essential social programs that allow litter such as yourself to remain lying in the streets.

Qtec
07-21-2006, 02:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Q soon you will be called an anti-Semite watch your step!

ya i know what you mean 300 dead in Lebanon, 95% civilians less then 30 dead israelis 95% military... Like my Hasidic friend Mr. Gold and his son use to tell me "Jewish life is not cheap", "one is worth more then any 100 Gentiles". i love that old man he new where his heart and the truth is. lol too bad he couldn't play i lick of pool.

Al Nakba, I fear the west will never understand why they hate each other.

<hr /></blockquote>

Most people don't really know whats going on in Palestine. Isaw 2 docus, one from a Dutch jounalist and another by an Israeli journo- both made my blood boil. Every day is a humiliation for thse people.
There was one incident when 20 kids were standing at the fence waiting for the Israeli soldiers to open the gate. The Israeli docu maker was screaming at the soldiers to open the gate but they wouldn't do it. After the kids were standing in the baking sun for 3 hours they eventually let them thru. They didn't give a $h!t.

Q