PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rummy to Iraq?

Gayle in MD
07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Rep. McDermott on Iraq and Rumsfeld...

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld arrived on an unannounced visit to Iraq today and proclaimed: "Each time I come to Iraq I see progress."

Iraq is a nation disintegrating into homicidal chaos. It is a country whose leaders acknowledge is on the brink of all-out civil war. But, the President's Pentagon appointee, the man controlling the fate of 129,000 U.S. soldiers in Iraq, stands up and flat out misleads the troops who don't get to go home to the U.S. at the end of the day, like Rumsfeld does.

America's independent government watchdog agency, the General Accountability Office, just released a report that confirms the President does not have an adequate plan to stabilize Iraq, and the occupation by U.S. forces is fueling the sectarian violence.

Rumsfeld can claim things are getting better to reporters while standing inside a fortified U.S. base, but that flies in the face of the facts.

Three years later, the only plan the President and his Defense Secretary can articulate is to stay indefinitely. Our military generals know full well this so-called plan guarantees more needless U.S. casualties, and Iraqi leaders know it guarantees more sectarian violence.

In the past, I and others have called for the resignation of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Today, I offer a better plan. The President should keep his political appointee. In fact, the President should transfer Secretary Rumsfeld to Iraq. He should be stationed there until every last U.S. solider leaves the nation we are now occupying.

The Secretary says he sees progress every time he visits. Imagine what he might see by actually living and working there. By working in Iraq, the Secretary could accept direct responsibility for generating more of what he calls progress every time he visits Iraq.

The only true thing we can say about Iraq today is that it is on the brink of dissolving into unspeakable violence. We cannot pretend our way out of Iraq, and we cannot pretend the Iraqi people believe our presence is stabilizing the country.

Iraq needs a plan that does not include the occupation of the country by foreign soldiers, including U.S. soldiers. Until this Administration admits that it cannot shoot its way to victory, Iraq will grow more and more violent.

Rep Jim McDermott

<font color="blue"> </font color> This comes from the Huffingtonpost. Personally, I think we should send Bush, Rove, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfled, and let their wives and kids go ahead as their security entourage' <font color="blue"> </font color>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Here's my idea....if things are so safe in Iraq....give him $10, and send him out alone, for cheeseburgers. If he makes it back in one piece, we'll give him honorary Emir status.

Cueless Joey
07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only true thing we can say about Iraq today is that it is on the brink of dissolving into unspeakable violence. We cannot pretend our way out of Iraq, and we cannot pretend the Iraqi people believe our presence is stabilizing the country.

Iraq needs a plan that does not include the occupation of the country by foreign soldiers, including U.S. soldiers. Until this Administration admits that it cannot shoot its way to victory, Iraq will grow more and more violent.
<hr /></blockquote>
Frankly, I think the country is hopeless.
Time to leave them and let them weave out their problems.
Kinda like Vietnam except this one cost us a LOT more.

Gayle in MD
07-14-2006, 03:38 AM
You are right, and thinking people know that. Bush and Cheney, and their co-corporate thieves, and Arab connections in Saudi Arabia, and the oil cartel here, are making a fortune on this war. Hence, their policy, Stay The Course. Ken Lay bilked Californians, and Enron Stock holders out of billions, and Bush calls him a good guy. The whistle blower who reported Halliburton's huge overcharges, we fired. Our troops are dying, for absolutely nothing, but to make Bush, Cheney, and the American Oil CEO's and the Saudi's, richer. Never before has one American man caused so much death and devastation for personal ulterrior motives. He should be impeached, and prosecuted for war crimes.

Gayle in Md.

Cueless Joey
07-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I say we send him to a solitary confinement for life.
Let him have a transistor radio locked on Rush Limbaugh's station all day and all night.

Gayle in MD
07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif