PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tourney 5 -- New Idea?

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
First, I'd like to say that we've yet to choose a dinner place for Friday, September 29.

Second, since we're not getting enough CCBers to play in our annual tournament, I thought of the following:

1. Maybe we can have a Battle of the Sexes this time around?

OR

2. I can post on AZB that we need players and perhaps we can make it a Battle of the Boards tournament.

For both ideas, we should still be able to keep the fun format. What do you all think?

Eric.
07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> First, I'd like to say that we've yet to choose a dinner place for Friday, September 29.
<font color="blue"> I'm partial to supporting those that support us, does Brady's wife still work at the Yukon? </font color>

Second, since we're not getting enough CCBers to play in our annual tournament, I thought of the following:

1. Maybe we can have a Battle of the Sexes this time around?

<font color="blue"> Is that like naked Twister? </font color>

OR

2. I can post on AZB that we need players and perhaps we can make it a Battle of the Boards tournament.

<font color="blue"> This has potential </font color>

For both ideas, we should still be able to keep the fun format. What do you all think? <hr /></blockquote>

I think the battle of the boards might be a new twist. The only thing is that most of us post in both places. Maybe we'll have to work something out?

Eric &gt;naked Twister

dg-in-centralpa
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Eric,
I agree with you on supporting the Yukon. Naked Twister? I'm game although people have paid to keep my clothes on...LOL

DG

Lester
07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Eric,
I agree with you on supporting the Yukon. Naked Twister?
Doug wrote:
I'm game although people have paid to keep my clothes on...LOL

DG
%%%%%%%%%

Okay, I've ran this kind of tournament before. We rent a room and all the girls are required to play just me (this affords them a modicum of modesty) a game of naked twister. I then critique their "position play" and "seed" them into the tournament. Since this involves alot of time, I vote we make the twister segment the night before. Of course, we will have delegates to relieve me (sort of like a tag team match) should I falter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That Eric comes up with the best ideas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>I think the battle of the boards might be a new twist. The only thing is that most of us post in both places. Maybe we'll have to work something out?<hr /></blockquote>The Battle of the Boards would be cool, IMO. If not, I can probably still get some AZBers to play in our tourney. But back to The Battle of the Boards. If it comes to that, then I would have to pledge my allegiance to the CCB because here is where I started out at (though I've been posting a lot more on AZB lately).

I think The Battle of the Boards may have potential but we have to think quick since the Open is only 70 somewhat days away.

I sure as hell don't mind doing the Yukon again and yes, Brady's wife still manages the place. Havig said that, I'll make the reservations the week before at the Yukon for 5 PM.

Rich R.
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> The Battle of the Boards would be cool, IMO. If not, I can probably still get some AZBers to play in our tourney. But back to The Battle of the Boards. If it comes to that, then I would have to pledge my allegiance to the CCB because here is where I started out at (though I've been posting a lot more on AZB lately).

I think The Battle of the Boards may have potential but we have to think quick since the Open is only 70 somewhat days away.

I sure as hell don't mind doing the Yukon again and yes, Brady's wife still manages the place. Havig said that, I'll make the reservations the week before at the Yukon for 5 PM. <hr /></blockquote>
Although a battle of the boards would be nice, I can't understand how you would do it, because, as someone said, most of us post on both forums. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

To simply run a normal tournament, with players from both boards, would defeat the purpose of just having a fun tournament and getting to meet other forum members. Without the proper format, there would still be the problem of people leaving, if they were eliminated, as happened the first year of the CCB Tournament. A unique format is required to keep everyone involved and having fun.

As for players from AZB, I already posted an announcement for the CCB tournament, in the tournament section of AZB, inviting players who may be registered on both forums. I also suggested that those interested register on the CCB and sign up for the tournament. Obviously, this didn't get any response.

Finally, I have also mentioned, in a previous post, that my wife and I have been working on a new format, that will work if we don't get enough players for our traditional format. We are holding out, hoping we get enough players for the traditional format, but we will be ready with a new format, if we don't.

Again, a "Battle of the Boards" would be nice, but this event has always been the "CCB Tournament" and I, for one, would like to keep it that way. AZB does have a major event, of their own, at Derby City. I would hate to see the traditional "CCB Tournament" die. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

With all of this said, if the majority would prefer to have some type of "Battle of the Boards", my wife and I will be more than happy to step aside and let you take the lead, work out the details and handle the new tournament. I don't want to stand in the way of the wishes of the majority and I would be more than happy to participate in whatever format you come up with.

BTW, I don't care where we eat. What is important is that we get to share a good meal with old friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JMD in VA
07-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I trust Rich and Cathy has something neat in mind.

Just had a wild thought though. Might be kinda interesting. Maybe we could do a IPT round robin in small brackets.

Either one of those 2 ideas or Wendy and I against everyone else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Remember all of you trying to reserve some prizes for tourney this year. I have a few things already:

1) Championship Watch
2) The Walnut for the trophies Brian in VA is making.
3) Set of 5-6 WPBA matches

If something else comes up. I'll let you guys know.

JMD in VA.

P.S. Rich, did you get my e-mail?

cueball1950
07-13-2006, 08:44 PM
What Rich said.. i like it just the way it is/was. If other people from az want to play and are registered on both boards i also have no problem with that. But i am sure going to miss voodoo and tom in cincy this year and a host of other that the good lord needed for far better things.............mike

Rich R.
07-14-2006, 03:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JMD in VA:</font><hr>P.S. Rich, did you get my e-mail? <hr /></blockquote>
Josh, I was out of work for a couple of days and I just received your email early this morning. I will be responding within the next few hours, after conferring with the Boss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think everything will be fine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I was just throwing some ideas out and I'm open to anything anyway. (I didn't know it was posted on AZB 'cause I never look at the tournament announcements here or there).

So having said that, as we used to say, whatever is clever. Though I do like the idea of me and Josh against everyone else! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
07-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Wendy Said, "Though I do like the idea of me and Josh against everyone else!"

I think you like the idea of you against Josh! Or up against Josh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm rather prefer the idea of the CCB format as from past years or whatever Rich and Kathy come up with. In any case, the trophy will be ready.

Can't wait for the annual CCB even if attendance is light!

Brian in VA - would love to go up against Wendy /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr>I think you like the idea of you against Josh! Or up against Josh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Damn! The secret is out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
07-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Ruby Tuesdays... always worked for me for a dinner... although I had good company.

Sorry to miss the festivities this year, but my travels will include Vegas, Reno and the DCC in Jan. Unfortunately the US Open trip was sacraficed. Maybe next year.

Harold Acosta
07-15-2006, 06:28 PM
...maybe a round robin format....everyone against each other...

Rich R.
07-16-2006, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> ...maybe a round robin format....everyone against each other... <hr /></blockquote>
Harold, thank you for the suggestion. However, since year two, the CCB tournament has been more about meeting people and having fun, rather than hard core competition. As you know, the format developed by Dave, had a huge luck factor involved, and accomplished the goal of having fun perfectly. I would love to continue that format in his honor.

In the event that we do not get enough people for the traditional format, we hope to introduce a format, which will also have a factor of luck involved. We are slowly working out the details and will unveil it, if necessary.

In the meantime, we are still open to all suggestions. Although it is getting a little late to develop ideas for this year, we may be able to use them in the future.

Dagwood
07-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Depending on when I get home and am given time for leave, count me in for attendance to the CCB tourney V. I've been trying to get there for the past few years, and this looks like it will be the best chance for me to get to it. (granted, I have to be back off of deployment for this to happen /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) As soon as I find out when I get back I'll shoot you a message Wendy and let you know if i'll be able to make it or not.

Dags aka Josh