PDA

View Full Version : School me on pockets for antique table

Fivepointstang
07-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi, I posted last week about recovering an antique pool table. Well, the update is... that it was, indeed, a 3 piece slate. I have now sucessfully, moved it to its new permanent location and now slowly getting it back together. I have removed all the cloth, and have ordered new online for both the table and the rails.

NOW ON TO THE NEXT CRITICAL UPDATE IT NEEDS... POCKETS. I think they were the original ones from over 50 years ago, the leather is definitly shot that is wrapped over the metal parts that attach to the rails. Do I need certain kinds of pockets or are they all pretty much the same size for all tables? Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for relatively cheap replacement pockets?

Thanks in advance, you guys are great!
Chris (Pool Newbie) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dad8
07-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Contact Hood Leather or Rc Design one of these company's should be able to help you.

bsmutz
07-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Do a search on the web for billiard pockets or pool table pockets. A few companies sell reproductions of the older pocket irons. You'll find measurements at one or more of them to help you figure out what size the ones you have are. I think Seybert's or one of the other big online retailers has them. They have standard sizes and use a numbering system like #3 or #6 pocket size.

TennesseeJoe
07-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Muellers has the replacement pockets however even though they may be # 3 or # 6 they may not be standard size. You may buy the leather replacements and put them on the old irons. This is not really hard but is time consuming.

ceebee
07-16-2006, 08:26 AM
sometimes you can buy a great set of Pool Table Pockets from ebay.

I prefer the RC Designs....