PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Idiots

pooltchr
07-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Twoi months ago, our Congress passed a bill that would build a fence and road blocks along the boarder. I don't remember the vote count, but it was over 75% in favor of the fence.
This week, they voted by a two to one margin NOT TO FUND THE BUILDING OF THE FENCE!!!!!!!!!!
I guess they just passed the law so they could say they passed it....knowing full well that without funding, it will never get built!
These are the people that are representing us in Washington!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve

Rich R.
07-14-2006, 05:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> This week, they voted by a two to one margin NOT TO FUND THE BUILDING OF THE FENCE!!!!!!!!!!
I guess they just passed the law so they could say they passed it....knowing full well that without funding, it will never get built!
These are the people that are representing us in Washington!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmmm, and what party is in the majority, and could have passed this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sid_Vicious
07-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Uhhhhh, the right maybe???sid

pooltchr
07-15-2006, 04:56 AM
Rich,
You missed the point. A huge majority (both reps and dems) approved building the fence...and a huge majority (both reps and dems) refused to fund it. It's not just one party...it's the whole bunch of them. It's more political posturing...by a "do nothing" congress.
Steve

Rich R.
07-15-2006, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>You missed the point. A huge majority (both reps and dems) approved building the fence...and a huge majority (both reps and dems) refused to fund it. It's not just one party...it's the whole bunch of them. It's more political posturing...by a "do nothing" congress.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>Steve, I'm sorry to say, I didn't miss any point at all. Frankly, I don't have a lot of respect for anyone in congress. I think they have all sold their soul to get to the position they are in. However, the bottom line is, the Dem's are in the minority and their vote didn't matter much. The Rep's are in the majority and they could have passed this if they wanted to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pooltchr
07-15-2006, 07:17 PM
The point is that a large majority of BOTH Dems and Reps voted to build the fence...Then a large majority of BOTH Dems and Reps refused to fund it. It's not a party thing...it's political posturing on BOTH sides...and I think it's disgusting. It's like they want to be able to tell the voters that they voted for the fence...but don't have the ba!!s to stand by their vote.
Steve

Gayle in MD
07-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey Rich,... someone keeps missing the point! It isn't you though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
And then SOMEONE just missed the whole boat!!!!!