PDA

View Full Version : AmericanWest pool tables???

bardinjw
07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Have any serioius players here seen, played, have an AmericanWest pool table?
They're the tables sold through pooltables-direct.com.

I'm looking more for playing quality, rather than finnish and design. So getting something solid that I can put nice cloth on is my primary concern(and price too). Veneer is ok, as long as it's on real wood.
Looking for used hasn't turned up any values after I take into account profesional moving/install, and new felt.

I was thinking about a brunswick contender (amherst), or the bunswick bradford, but pooltables-direct looks like it might be a good deal, if they live up to their specs. I just can't find any background on these tables.

ceebee
07-18-2006, 02:54 PM
One thing about home tables from a store (JMHO), the rails don't respond like commercial tables, until you put some better rubber on them. I like to practice on a table that simulates the tables I compete on.

If you are slightly interested in a used table, you ought to give us some idea what area you are from. There are Tables for sale everywhere. There is a GREAT 9ft Gandy (60's) for sale here, it is the table like the Gold Crown. It is a GREAT Table for $1000, heavy all wood base, aluminum castings at the corners & side pockets & 1 inch doweled slates. 50 miles north of Tulsa

bardinjw
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
The cushions are part of the reason i'm leaning towards the brunswick (not the contender). It's the same rubber as on their commercial tables.

Unfortunately, I can only fit an 8ft table without ruining some shots. My personal feeling is that since I can't emulate a competition environment, I'm only going to go "just good enough". Solid frame, good slate, good balls, good cloth.