PDA

View Full Version : Daily tourney finder for Florida?

Pogue
07-12-2002, 01:59 AM
Anyone know a good tourney finder for local daily tourneys in or near Tampa? I tried at playpool.com and had no luck, but maybe I just don't know how to use it.. Thanks..

Pogue

07-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Anyone know a good tourney finder for local daily tourneys in or near Tampa? I tried at playpool.com and had no luck, but maybe I just don't know how to use it.. Thanks..
Pogue

....Well, of course Planet 9-Ball has a weekly $10 entry, $50 added 9-ball tournament every thursday (Starts at 7:30 p.m.) and a monthly (last Sunday of every month) $25 entry, $100 added 9-ball tournament. Last night's tournament was won by Richie Richeson and Jarred was second (as I predicted). You might want to pick up a copy of a local monthly publication which is Free and available at most rooms in the area called "Cue News". It lists ALL the local tournaments, entry fees, times, addresses, etc. To find out where they are available, you might call the number shown in publication, which is 727-531-9258. I've been playing lately in a Friday night race to One, double illumination, 8-ball tournament for B & C players at The Finish Line (it's across the Courtney Campbell Causeway on the right, right next to HOOTERS, starts at 7:00-7:30 p.m.). They also have a Saturday 'A' class Open 8-ball tournament. Both are $6 entry. I can't tell you what the payout is (I never get in the money, but I did come in 6-8th last week in a field of 43). I like their Beer special (buy two-get one FREE).... Smorgass Bored aka/Tampa Tubby-Bob