PDA

View Full Version : The Myth Of Pro Life...

Gayle in MD
07-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Shouldn't the right change their slogan to Pro-Suffering? Maybe, Pro-Dictatorship? How bout Pro-ignorance? Pro Narcissism? Pro, Kill Anything That Moves To Assuage Your Confusion Over Everything Wrong In The World?

I wonder, if they changed their tactics from insults, inuendo, and destructive slander, and suddenly, for the first time in history, put all the ugly energy into reading, and began to uncover both sides of the issues, through educated eyes of compassion and understanding, if their obvious pompus, pious, reckless, Psychopathic views might change? Would their fear of being unable to control others according to their religious interpretations, based on mythology, be at all assuaged by education? Or would it, nevertheless, simply be lost to their need to judge others, their addiction to violence, the love of money, and their irresistable need for the drama of WAR?
POWER - CONTROL - SUFFERING - VIOLENCE - TORTURE = Pro Life????
Not in my world! Only a terrorist could subscribe to such a philosophy. Would the world be a better place if everyone in it turned off their recievers to their so called messages from GOD, and became empathetic observers of the realities of human suffering? Or must mankind continue to kill over and over again, in the eternal quest to convince all others, and win the battle over Whom He is and what He wishes?

Love Thy Neighbor, As Thy Self. Somehow, I don't think He meant a thimble full of Stem Cells, if He said that.

Gayle in Md....

eg8r
07-22-2006, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the right change their slogan to Pro-Suffering? Maybe, Pro-Dictatorship? How bout Pro-ignorance? Pro Narcissism? Pro, Kill Anything That Moves To Assuage Your Confusion Over Everything Wrong In The World?
<hr /></blockquote> Oh shut up mrs coulter, the batteries should be tiring out soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Love Thy Neighbor, As Thy Self. Somehow, I don't think He meant a thimble full of Stem Cells, if He said that.
<hr /></blockquote> Since Gayle is unable to comprehend such a simple verse, Love thy Neighbor as thy self, let me help her understand what it means: If you are willing to kill your neighbor's embryo to save yourself or others, then you were already willing to kill your own embryo.

So Gayle, when will you be getting pregnant to help support stem cell research in the private sector? In this day and age you can never be too old to try. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
07-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Eg8r It is alright to drop bombs on Innocent People that has nothing to do loving your neighbor. But using stem cells that will be destroyed anyway is some how murder escapes my high IQ.

In this day and age your never to old to enlist just waiting to hear your post from Iraq.####

wolfdancer
07-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Dick, while eg8r is all for the war.....the war is not for him.
".....Chickenhawk (also chicken hawk and chicken-hawk) is a political epithet used in United States to criticize a politician, bureaucrat, or commentator who strongly supports a war or other military action, but has never personally been in a war, especially (but not always) if that person is perceived to have actively avoided military service when of draft age. The term is a deliberate insult, meant to indicate that the person in question is cowardly or hypocritical for personally avoiding combat in the past while advocating that others go to war in the present. Often, the implication is that the person in question lacks the experience, judgment, or moral standing to make decisions about going to war.

The term was first applied to vocal supporters of military action who were perceived to have used family connections or college deferments to avoid serving in previous wars, particularly the Vietnam War. In current usage, the label is used almost exclusively to describe prominent conservative and neoconservative supporters of the Iraq War who have themselves never been in combat. Those who use the term are generally but not always on the political left; most factions or individuals labeled "chickenhawks" are members of the U.S. Republican Party. The label is not usually applied to women (who traditionally are not expected to serve in combat) and to members of the Democratic Party, even those who voted to support the war but have never served in the military (as they are perceived as being less "hawkish"). People who use the term have not necessarily been in the military themselves; people labeled "chickenhawks" have sometimes served in the military, but have not seen combat. The term is used most prominently by civilians to describe other civilians, and is not usually associated with current members of the military.

Opponents of the term argue that it is an ad hominem, that it is historically unsound, that it is inconsistently applied, and that it suggests ideas that are contrary to certain fundamental principles of American democracy....."

eg8r
07-24-2006, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r It is alright to drop bombs on Innocent People that has nothing to do loving your neighbor. But using stem cells that will be destroyed anyway is some how murder escapes my high IQ. <hr /></blockquote> Well, you can twist the situation in any stupid way you would like, maybe if you actually used a little common sense it would not be as confusing for you.

So, when are you and Gayle running for office? I can't wait to see who you whore out the Lincoln bedroom to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
07-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Eg8r when I get elected I will spend my time in the Adirondacks. I don't want to be polluted by K street.####

Gayle in MD
07-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Dick,
We'll have to also have a White House in the Carribbean, as I am a sun-lover, scuba enthusiast, wind-surfer. Also, I plan to take all the moey away from the rich, and give it to the poor, since that's who they stole it from in the first place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love you Dick. It's just too bad it makes eg8r so jealous!

Love,
Gayle