PDA

View Full Version : 100 Iraqi Civilians Dying Each Day

Gayle in MD
07-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Can it still be denied that this is a civil war? Stay The Course? What if YOU were an American, watching your fellow troops being blown up everyday, for a country the refuses to step up to the plate, and fight for their own democracy? Do you think you would be supporting the non-policy of Stay The Course. What if you were a troop whose president and republican congress had not supplied with proper equipment, and you had been re-deployed four or five times, would you be ready to stay the course? What if you had worked to train Iraqis, only to see them turn in battle and shoot down your fellow troops, would you be ready to Stay The Course? Your best friend, who fights beside you, is now in a hospital, brain dead, his helmet having violently vibrated against his skull in a roadside bombing, his head swollen twice it's size the last time you saw him, and you do not have the insert for your own helmet, because this president, and this Congress, did not appropriate the money to make you safer from injury, would you be ready to Stay The Course? You have carried the bodies of children, bleeding to death, seen their fear, and suffering for over three years, wrapped the flag draped coffins to be stealthly smuggled back into the United States for the benefit of republican re-elections. Would you be ready to Stay The Course? You are carrying over seventy pounds of armour in 112 degrees, and you learn that Cheney and Rumsfeld are angry because their addresses for their million dollar waterfront homes have been printed in the newspapers, are you ready to Stay The Course? You read that the President, and Dick Cheney have trippled their wealth, and their oil holdings are going through the roof, while your wife and kids back home are struggling to keep air conditioning payments up, and giving up cable TV, to buy gas for the car, would you be ready to Stay The Course?
You watch 100 Iraqi innocent civilians bleed to death every day, their families distraught, no clean water, no air conditioning, and your president, who spoke of 2500 dead soldiers, your friends and fellow troops, "Just a number" and has not attended a single funeral, and has no plan, but, Stay The Course.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
07-21-2006, 11:43 AM
This from someone who CLAIMS to support our troops. How would you feel if you were in the military over there and someone forwarded this to you? Would you get the feeling that the person who wrote it was supporting you, or would you feel like they were trying to mentally break you down? Sounds like the same tactic that Hanoi Jane and Tokyo Rose used against our military in past wars.
Keep up the good work, Gayle! You're in good company!
Steve

Cueless Joey
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
How many were dying during Saddam's days though?
Joey~Just asking a fair question. He thinks~

wolfdancer
07-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Steve, she has just pointed out some of the hardships, and inadequate equipment, that our soldiers are dealing with.
I'd be glad if I was over there, and realized that people are aware of conditions....and that I'm not just a number to add on to the casualty list.
would we be supporting them any better if we just looked the other way, and forgot about the helmets, the lack of flack vests, and inferior plating in our troop carriers? Or maybe the $40 Haliburton charges for a case of coke.
I really don't see a comparision between this, and the two war criminals that you mentioned......but I guess that we read into things what we want ....
Just because She is against the war doesn't mean she doesn't support our troops.

pooltchr
07-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Why is it then, that so many of the military over there keep repeating that they are doing something good, that they support the President, that they have a mission to complete, and they intend to complete it? It just seems like the military men and women have a much better attitude about the situation than some people who just sit behind their computer and find fault with everything this administration does. I have stated previously that I do not agree with everything this President has done, but I don't think he is Satan Incarnate either.
The simple fact is we are there, we have a job to do. It's just as easy to keep a positive outlook as it is to be negative all the time. To just keep repeating the same old crap over and over does nothing but perpetuate the negative.
Seems like some people on here just want to bi##h all the time. I would hate to wake up each morning filled with so much hatred and contempt. I can't remember the last time some posters had anything positive to say about anything...unless it was to agree with ####.
It really gets old!
Steve

eg8r
07-22-2006, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can it still be denied that this is a civil war? <hr /></blockquote> What cannot be denied is your senility.

eg8r

Deeman3
07-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Estimates are that between 650,000 and 1,000,000 of Saddam's citizens were killed by his regime. The largest groups were the 400,000 in mass graves in the North.

Deeman

DickLeonard
07-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Deeman Saddam knew something that we have failed to learn yet. Staying the Course will teach us that. We have killed over 100,000 innocents with the Occupation but that is Different.####

Deeman3
07-24-2006, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman Saddam knew something that we have failed to learn yet. Staying the Course will teach us that. We have killed over 100,000 innocents with the Occupation but that is Different.#### <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Dick,

What did Sadam know that we did not?

Any and all of these deaths are a shame on all of us as human beings. I wish not one person had died. Perhaps the 100,000 that die in this part of the war are more innocent than the ones that died under Saddam. I don't know. I also don't know if their dying at their own hands for a chance at freedom is better than being executed pell mell by Saddam. I think so but am not arrogant enough to know.

The real shame is that they will continue to die as will the many who harbor the people attacking Israel. What a waste of human life it is. We often see those different from us as less valuable but we all know all life is precious. It just seems that they are willing to devalue life when it comes to hatred of Israel.

So here we are, should we withdraw and allow a new dictator to kill at a much higher rate per day than is happening now or should we stay and try to make a difference. I wish I knew. If it couold just be so simple as Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?"

I don't think so. This is the saddest part of the whole thing. </font color>

Deeman

DickLeonard
07-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Deeman Saddam knew the only thing his countrymen knew is Violence. The Muslim Psyche is to hold a grudge till it is avenged even if that take 100 years.####

Gayle in MD
07-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Joey,
Saddam was a devil, and needed to be removed. That could have been accomplished, without launching war, under false pretenses, and then screwing up the whole mess after we went in there. Wonder how the jewish troops feel, now that the Iraqi Prime Minister has come out against Isreal? Wonder how our troops felt when he said that they should be held accountable for Iraqis deaths?

Bush has made a horrible mess in the Middle East, yes, it was already a mess, he has made it much worse.

We are supposed to be there until the mission is accomplished. The majoprity of the troops said they didn't even know what the mission was. The troops cannot speak out against their Commander, Bush, during wartime. Bush only allows us to see those on camera who can be trusted to show support for him. It's all rehersed. Meantime, we're training Iraqis who are turning on our people and killing them. Both the police, and the Iraqi army, have been infiltrated by sectarrian gorillas who fight against us and kill our people with our own amunition. George Bush has no exit plan. Things in the Middle East are worse than ever. Many say that it is on the verge of complete regional war and kaos. Our people are caught in a civil war. The Iraqi Prime Minister, was put in place and supported by one of the worst cut throats in the Middle East. His statements show that he is just another nut, not too far from Saddam, after he gets his taste of power, he'll be just one more nut in power. You can't bomb people forward in their thinking and intellectual progress. Bush is spreading democracy, and they are voting into office more potential dictators. Look what happened in Lebonon! These are tribes, with centuries long grudges, and religious fanaticism. Bombs won't do it. Killing more innocent people, is not the way. Now we're stuck, and it's Bush's fault. If he was going to insist on starting this mess up, the least he could have done is do it right. Rumsfeld has no business running things after making so many mistakes. Bush won't get rid of him.

I am one of those people who thinks that bin Laden, and terrorist cells, should have been our main focuss. We have gotten quickly complacent here in our country. Bush has failed to implement safe gaurds from more attacks. He has blown billions on a war that should have been avoided at all costs. Getting rid of Saddam, was not the pressing priority! We're going to pay a very heavy price for his policies. He has put our country right in the middle of a trick bag, the very trick bag that North Korea, Iran and bin Laden wanted us stuck in. This is the worst thing that our country could have done. Yes, Saddam killed his people. People are dying all over the world, in many countries, killed by dictators. Is it a good thing that the United States has joined in the killing of innocent people? I don't think so, and I don't think that it solves anything. Just look how things have degraded since we went into Iraq! The whole region is now about to blow!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-29-2006, 05:33 AM
Your continous insults don't get old? Your whining complaints over what you read, don't get old? And, over the fact that you don't support freedom of speech unless the writer, or speaker, agrees with your uneducated opinions, and continous denial of facts!

Keeping a positive outlook is easy for you, watching our people get slaughtered from your easy chair? READ SOME BOOKS, written by Generals, Intelligence experts, Journalists who have been to Iraq, and risked their lives to report the truth at a time when we have an administration proven to sell lies to the American People.

Occupations in the midst of civil wars do not work. That is a fact. All experts told George Bush not to go there, that Civil War would break out, sectarian violence would take over, and possibly spill over into a regional war in the Middle East. The Neocons wouldn't listen. Now, They are all richer, along with their recipients of no bid contracts. That is a fact. Instead of admitting that your man Bush has put this country in the middle of the worst situaition in history, you'd rather slurp up all the Bush/Rumsfeld/Rice/Cheney candy coating of reality, and try to intimidate all those who have bothered to educate themselves about what is really happening, how it has been F-ed up by Bush, the DECIDER, how the truth is being suppressed by this administration, as you continue to avoid holding anyone accountable for the mess he has made over there.

You equate hatred and contempt with factual information, and the right to speak out against incompetence and lies, and respond by attacking the opinions of others, which do not support your views. You equate outrage over the true lack of support of our troops, with failure to support our troops. If this country was filled with people like you, we'd still be in Vietnam, fighting a loosing battle over yet another unrealistic policy, with our people dying everyday for nothing!

You can b**ch and moan over my posts all you want, but you can't shut me up, so DEAL! The only thing you ever offer here is your uneducated opinions, your slurrs against women in general, and your continuous insults because you don't like the truth. IT GETS OLD! AS you have said umpteen million times.

A positive mental attitude is what Americans must have in order to undo the mess that republicans have made yet one more time. A positive mental attitude is a different thing entirely than assessing mistakes, and making changes which match the conditions prevailing, what you and your oh so aware bunch of kool aid slurpping conservatives call, flip flop, or cut and run.

If our people had redeployed to the perifferal, as John Murtha had told the president to do, we wouldn't be sending in more people to die in Baghdad right now, in the middle of a civil war, that has been branded as unwinnable by most military experts. Iraqis could have been fighting and killing each other for their own freedon, instead of our guys being caught right in the middle of circumstances in which they can never succeed. Now, experts all agree, that yet again, not enough additional troops are being sent to do the job. Guys that had done their time there, and were to be sent home, and being forced to stay and fight a loosing battle. I hope to hell you're happy. bin Laden is, so is North Korea, and Iran. Read a book once in a while, before you get on your high horse with all your rosey BS.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Why do you see and hear all those glowing statements by troops in support of their DECIDER, because that is all staged, it's a playhouse 90 event. What do you think they're going to do? Jump up and call the Chimp, a Chimp, on National Television?

Your continous insults don't get old? Your whining complaints over what you read, don't get old? And, over the fact that you don't support freedom of speech unless the writer, or speaker, agrees with your uneducated opinions, and continous denial of facts!

Keeping a positive outlook is easy for you, watching our people get slaughtered from your easy chair? READ SOME BOOKS, written by Generals, Intelligence experts, retired Specail Forces Marines, Journalists who have been to Iraq, and risked their lives to report the truth at a time when we have an administration proven to sell lies to the American People. At a time when everybody in the world knows that there is a civil war raging in Iraq, except for you, and Rumsfeld, that is, you don't like any non positive statements, tough cookie.

Occupations in the midst of civil wars do not work. That is a fact. All experts told George Bush not to go there, that Civil War would break out, sectarian violence would take over, and possibly spill over into a regional war in the Middle East. That these tribal factions would never be able to pull off a cohesive government policy. Iraqis have been arguing at the conference table for three f-ing years, while our people are dying, but you want only postivie statements?

The Neocons wouldn't listen. Now, They are all richer, along with their recipients of no bid contracts. Oil is through the roof, and expected to go higher. The United States has lost its credability around the world, and gained enemies in many more nations, And over 2600 Americans are dead, and many more permanently wounded. Iraq is worse than ever. That is a fact. And you want a positive mental attitude?

Instead of admitting that your man Bush has put this country in the middle of the worst situation in history, you'd rather slurp up all the Bush/Rumsfeld/Rice/Cheney candy coating of reality, and try to intimidate all those who have bothered to educate themselves about what is really happening, how it has been F-ed up by Bush, the DECIDER, how the truth is being suppressed by this administration, as you continue to avoid holding anyone accountable for the mess he has made over there. People are writing books titled FIASCO, describing Bush's handling of this war, and YOU want positive statements. Go read a golden book. Take a trip to Disney World. I'm sure Ed will meet you there, that's where he belongs in the first place.

You equate hatred and contempt with factual information, and the right to speak out against incompetence and lies, and respond by attacking the opinions of others, which do not support your views. Yet, you never offer up any factual information to debate the issues we face, and you accuse others of not having the ability to debate a subject intelligently? You equate outrage over the true lack of support of our troops by this screwed up bunch of neocons, with failure to support our troops. If this country was filled with people like you, we'd still be in Vietnam, fighting a loosing battle over yet another unrealistic policy, with our people dying everyday for nothing!

You can b**ch and moan over my posts all you want, but you can't shut me up, so DEAL! The only thing you ever offer here is your uneducated opinions, your slurrs against women in general, and your continuous insults because you don't like the truth. IT GETS OLD! AS you have said umpteen million times.

A positive mental attitude is what Americans must have in order to undo the mess that republicans have made yet one more time. Being a coward is a different thing entirely than assessing mistakes, and making changes which match the conditions prevailing, what you and your oh so aware bunch of kool aid slurpping conservatives call, flip flop, or cut and run.

If our people had redeployed to the perifferal, as John Murtha had told the president to do, we wouldn't be sending in more people to die in Baghdad right now, in the middle of a civil war, that has been branded as unwinnable by most military experts. Iraqis could have been fighting and killing each other for their own freedon, instead of our guys being caught right in the middle of circumstances in which they can never succeed. Now, experts all agree, that yet again, not enough additional troops are being sent to do the job in Baghdad. Rumsfeld needs to $**T, or get the hell off the pot. Too many have died because Rumsfeld doesn't know what the hell he's doing, and Bush doesn't have enough sense to get rid of him. And YOU have a positive mental attitude? That's just great, tell it to the republicans who made this mess.

Guys that had done their time there, and were to be sent home, are being forced to stay and fight a loosing battle. I hope to hell you're happy. bin Laden is, so is North Korea, and Iran. Read a book once in a while, before you get on your high horse with all your rosey BS, and your sick accusations.

Maintain your positive mental attitude, just don't expect any positive changes to result. You can take your cherry coasted little take on realilty, and shove it, as far as I'm concerned. My alliance and alliegence is with our troops who are being slaughtered in a no win war, due to Bush's positive mental attitude, and overwhelming incompetence, not Iraqis, who say they want to kill us, and whose leader wants to support Hezbollah, and vows to retaliate on our troops if they happen to kill a few Iraqis while they're fighting to save their asses.

You can save that positive mental attitude for the next time bin Laden attacks us, you're going to need it then, for sure. Just don't bother calling me a traitor, I don't care what the dummies from the fly over states who put this idiot in office, and didn't have enough sense to see through this bunch of neocon pigs, think of my or my opinions, so shove it.

Gayle in Md.