PDA

View Full Version : The 5th Annual CCB Tournament and Dinner

9 Ball Girl
07-21-2006, 11:33 AM
<font color="red">We're just about</font color> <font color="blue">68 days away from the U.S. Open (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/)</font color><font color="red"> and you all know what that means</font color> .

CCB 5 Tourney

When: Saturday, September 30, 2006
Where: Q-Master Billiards in The Green Room (first 3 pictures in the 3rd row on page 1)
Time: Warmup starts at 10 AM, quickie Player's Meeting at 11 AM, Play starts after
Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (not Jack and Jill)
We'll use between 6-8 tables and the tournament should be over no later than 6PM.

*Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2.dg-in-centralpa
3.Mrs_DG
4.RichR
5.cueball1950
6.sack316
7.Brian-in-VA
8.JMD in VA
9.Eric.
10.ARJ
11.Phil SoFla
12.pooldaddy9
13.Dagwood

*For CCB posters only! If we need more players, than we'll be able to add friends, etc.

PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney. Also, if you're interested in donating a little something toward our CCB 5 Tourney prize fund, PM me too.

<font color="red">CCB Tourney Raffle Prizes</font color>
First Place Plaque (US Open replica) Brian-in-VA and Harold Acosta
1 Silver Dollar for 1st place winner cueball1950
Second Place Plaque (US Open replica) Brian-in-VA and Harold Acosta
Championship Watch JMD in VA
5-6 WPBA Matches JMD in VA
1 Audrick Cue cueball1950
1 Surprise Gift 9 Ball Girl

<font color="red">CCB Dinner</font color>

Where: <font color="blue">Yukon Steak Co. (http://www.yukonsteak.com/)</font color>
When: Friday, September 29, 2006
Time: Meet at 5 PM in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. Reservations will be for 5:30 PM.

The Fourth Annual CCB Tourney--Circa 9/24/05

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid188/p6c0d3735fd5b4fe7ddec2e5eea37d20b/f21a7525.jpg

CCB 4 Champion - thecardman (Peter)
CCB 4 Runnerup - MikeM (Mike)

Wendy&lt;---lands in Norfolk on Monday the September 25th...Jacoby Cues 36 /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Timberly
07-23-2006, 09:40 PM
I can't speak for all but I'm sure after last yr, Brian in VA would also like to know... Who in the hee haw came up with a 10am start time?!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
07-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Oh I can make 10 a.m. I just can't say what my condition my condition will be! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif And if these old bones can make, I know you can young lady! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian in VA

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2006, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr> I can't speak for all but I'm sure after last yr, Brian in VA would also like to know... Who in the hee haw came up with a 10am start time?!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>10 AM was the time we started out back in '02. Even I didn't make it at 10 AM last year! Matter of fact, I believe I missed the 1st round. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Also, Q-Master's gets a lot of action that week and we used to almost get a full roster and it would take up a lot of time to finish off the tourney. So, starting at 10 AM stuck.

SPetty
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
The First Edition /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Timberly
07-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Yo VooDoo, why don't I see your name on the list?!?!?

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
*Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2.dg-in-centralpa
3.Mrs_DG
4.RichR
5.cueball1950
6.sack316
7.Brian-in-VA
8.JMD in VA
9.Eric.
10.ARJ
11.Phil SoFla
12.pooldaddy9
13.Dagwood
14.Timberly

Voodoo Daddy
07-25-2006, 04:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr> Yo VooDoo, why don't I see your name on the list?!?!? <hr /></blockquote>

It goes like this Timberly...US Open One Pocket of which I am playing in then cruising up from Louisville into Northern Indiana for some R&amp;R OR go to Va Beach and sit for days watching Wendy, Mr&amp;Mrs RichR, Tom-in-Cincy/Sactown and KATO have fun leading to Saturday's extravaganza. I still plan on the greatest show on cloth in January...more to come.

Rich R.
07-25-2006, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr> I can't speak for all but I'm sure after last yr, Brian in VA would also like to know... Who in the hee haw came up with a 10am start time?!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Timberly, the 10am start time was established for the first CCB tournament, when Tom was running it.

There are probably a lot of reasons for that time, but I think the most important two reasons are that it is the best time for Q-Masters to let us tie up their tables. Barry does give us free table time and his only requests are that we finish at a resonable time and take care of his staff. We have always tried to do both. We don't want to wear out our welcome.

The other reason is that it allows us to get back to that other little tournament, at the convention center, for the evening rounds. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keep in mind, 10am is the start of warm-ups and we don't start playing until 11am, so you do have a little grace period. We do ask that people arrive no later than 10:30, because we have to know who to enter into the computer for the tournament.

As I told you yesterday, there is an alternative for those who like late night action and may have trouble getting to Q-Masters in the morning. You can just stay at cue masters and wait for the rest of us to arrive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the CCB Tournament and the U.S. Open.

Brian in VA
07-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Kenny Rogers and the First Edition. Ruby, Don't take your love to town! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
07-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Add my name to the list, Wendy.

Fran /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-25-2006, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Add my name to the list, Wendy.

Fran /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>*Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2.dg-in-centralpa
3.Mrs_DG
4.RichR
5.cueball1950
6.sack316
7.Brian-in-VA
8.JMD in VA
9.Eric.
10.ARJ
11.Phil SoFla
12.pooldaddy9
13.Dagwood
14.Timberly
15.Fran Crimi

Oh shiznit!!! Now I'm really going to try to be in my best form! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
07-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Fran,
That's terrific! I can't wait to meet you. Thanks for joining us!

Brian in VA - bringing a blindfold for Fran so she doesn't have to watch my stroke! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh shiznit!!! Now I'm really going to try to be in my best form!
<hr /></blockquote>

Don't go through any trouble, Wendy and Brian, cause I'll be focusing on Margaritas with ice and salt, please. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They DO have those in Virginny, don't they?

Fran

Brian in VA
07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Margaritas? A very popular drink in the Old Dominion. Your first one is on me! On the rocks with salt is just how I like them, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Margaritaville lives at my house every weekend.

Be seeing you!

Brian in VA - big Buffett fan

cueball1950
07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi Fran.... It will be great seeing you again. Last time was at the Golden Cue in Queens..............mike

9 Ball Girl
07-29-2006, 07:53 AM
<font color="red">CCB Tourney Raffle Prizes</font color>
First Place Plaque (US Open replica) Brian-in-VA and Harold Acosta
1 Silver Dollar for 1st place winner cueball1950
Second Place Plaque (US Open replica) Brian-in-VA and Harold Acosta
Championship Watch JMD in VA
Set of WPBA Matches JMD in VA
1 Lesson w/Scott Lee - Scott Lee
1 Lesson w/Randy G's Pool School - Randy G
2 Subscriptions to Inside Pool - Inside Pool
1 Audrick Cue cueball1950
1 Surprise Gift 9 Ball Girl

wolfdancer
07-30-2006, 08:59 AM
you mean if I come in 6th....I get a lesson with Scott Lee, or 7th, a lesson with Randy? An interesting choice....
and if I make it all the way to second place...a silver dollar?
I'd sure like to win that silver dollar...I see the 1923, uncirculated is worth $29.00

9 Ball Girl
07-30-2006, 05:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> you mean if I come in 6th....I get a lesson with Scott Lee, or 7th, a lesson with Randy? An interesting choice....
I'd sure like to win that silver dollar...I see the 1923, uncirculated is worth $29.00 <hr /></blockquote>No silly! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif The prizes are distributed via a raffle, regardless if you win the tourney or not. It's our way of having every player leave with a little something. The only prizes that belong to first and second place winners are the 1st place plaque and silver dollar, and the 2nd place plaque, respectfully.

Rich R.
07-30-2006, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> you mean if I come in 6th....I get a lesson with Scott Lee, or 7th, a lesson with Randy? An interesting choice....
I'd sure like to win that silver dollar...I see the 1923, uncirculated is worth $29.00 <hr /></blockquote>
Wolfdancer, you are a little confused about the prizes listed by Wendy.

The only two prizes that have anything to do directly with the tournament are the two trophies. All other prizes are given away via a free raffle. Any tournament player, who is a registered CCB member, is eligible to win. Names are randomly drawn for the prizes.

Please keep in mind, the CCB tournament is all about meeting people and having fun.

Stretch
07-30-2006, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> you mean if I come in 6th....I get a lesson with Scott Lee, or 7th, a lesson with Randy? An interesting choice....
I'd sure like to win that silver dollar...I see the 1923, uncirculated is worth $29.00 <hr /></blockquote>
Wolfdancer, you are a little confused about the prizes listed by Wendy.

The only two prizes that have anything to do directly with the tournament are the two trophies. All other prizes are given away via a free raffle. Any tournament player, who is a registered CCB member, is eligible to win. Names are randomly drawn for the prizes.

Please keep in mind, the CCB tournament is all about meeting people and having fun. <hr /></blockquote>

i'm sure Wolf was just being facetious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

cueball1950
07-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Wolfdancer....you looking for a specific silver dollar. Let me know and i will look in my vast collection and see what i can come up with for you.................mike

wolfdancer
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM
"Please keep in mind, the CCB tournament is all about meeting people and having fun."
Rich, I was just having fun myself...
I think it's great that you all get together, have a good time, etc.
I'll always regret not meeting Dave Syrja there, before he passwed away.

wolfdancer
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Ah, you Republicans got no sense of humor....

9 Ball Girl
07-31-2006, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Ah, you Republicans got no sense of humor.... <hr /></blockquote>Gasp! Just calling me a Repulsivecan is insulting!!! Waaaaaaa! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
07-31-2006, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "Please keep in mind, the CCB tournament is all about meeting people and having fun."
Rich, I was just having fun myself...
I think it's great that you all get together, have a good time, etc.
I'll always regret not meeting Dave Syrja there, before he passwed away. <hr /></blockquote>
Wolf, I'm sorry if I didn't get the joke. As you know, it is hard to read intent on the internet. Because of comments in the past, I like to keep the facts clear, in that neither the tournament nor the raffle cost anything and no one is making any money on this event. Also, the raffle prizes are not related to tournament finishing position.
We are forever gratefull to those who donate prizes.

Hopefully, next time, I will get the joke.

You should think about joining us, one of these years. You won't regret it.

BTW, you will never understand what you missed, by not meeting Dave. He was a great guy and he will always be a part of the CCB tournament.

dg-in-centralpa
07-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Please keep in mind, the CCB tournament is all about meeting people and having fun.

Rich R.

This is so true! After last years' tourney, Mrs DG told me that she's putting in for vacation so she and I can attend this years tourney. She had a blast and can't wait. Now that Fran and Timberly are coming, I really have to brush up on the big tables. LOL

DG - just back from vacation and have to work again

Timberly
07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>Now that Fran and Timberly are coming, I really have to brush up on the big tables. LOL

DG - just back from vacation and have to work again

<hr /></blockquote>
LOL, don't include me in that same sentence. Someone might actually believe I can play and expect me to make some balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif We'll leave the pocketing part to Fran and I'll take just hitting the rail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ya know, we never did make up that night of pool we missed back this spring. I'm pretty open during the week after work. I've been working some OT but should actually get a break from it if you &amp; Mrs are up to it sometime. Just let me know. Hope you guys had a good vacation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
07-31-2006, 04:25 PM
We had a great vacation. We took a cruise to the Caribbean. It was our first cruise. PM me your number, I think I still have it but I have to dig for it. This week and next are sort of shot but the following week looks good. As for making balls, I'm like you, just glad to make contact and have a legal hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

9 Ball Girl
07-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Fun is definitely the operative word. Um, lets see. The last time I shot some was, oh yeah, at the CCB Tourney of '05. That's right folks. I'm going from:

I Shoot Like A Girl.
Damn Good.

to

Pool Socialite

By the way, I can't remember if Q-Master's has house cues. I don't plan on bringing mine.

Rich R.
07-31-2006, 07:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr> Someone might actually believe I can play and expect me to make some balls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Timberly, these are not requirements of the CCB Tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rails on the tables at Q-Masters are always cleanest, after the CCB tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thecardman
08-08-2006, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>By the way, I can't remember if Q-Master's has house cues. I don't plan on bringing mine. <hr /></blockquote>

I remember the cues being up on the walls around Q-Masters as I kinda remember getting the butt end of mine between a couple of the cues on the walls! D'OH!

Best wishes

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

By the way, I can't remember if Q-Master's has house cues. I don't plan on bringing mine. <hr /></blockquote>

If you happen to be paired with Mary, she'll definitely let you use her cu, that I won, but she stole from me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
08-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Duane...is that the 1 i donated last year that you won. well atleast it is getting some use...lololol........mike

dg-in-centralpa
08-08-2006, 01:56 PM
The same. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Duane