PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions for pool table purchases?

dharmalism
07-22-2006, 10:43 AM
hi everyone I wanted to ask everyones opinion on pool table selections for a bar I might be taking over. I want to have a APA league out of my place. I can fit about 6 to 8 8 foot tables in there. I am trying to keep costs down. Unfortunately it looks like Brunswick and Olhausen tables are going to be out of my price range. I was thinking about AMF but I have never played on one and I am unsure about the qaulity of the table. I have also priced out craftmaster too which seem reasonable priced but the AMF tables prices really perks up my interest. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. I am planning this in southern NH.

sincerly,
Dharma

Pizza Bob
07-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Not sure what you envision. Are these going to be hourly rate tables or coin-op? If the latter, I'd look at Diamond Smart Tables. I believe that Diamond will do a lease arrangement, which may ease the up-front outlay. Worth looking into.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

dharmalism
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I wanted an hourly table becuase I want the cue ball to roll true. I went back and forth with coin op and I prefer a table with a quality cue ball roll.

Bumps
07-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean when you say you "want the cue ball to roll true"?? What differance would time or coin op make, if the coin op is of good quality, ie: Diamond Smart?

Pizza Bob
07-24-2006, 04:47 AM
That's the beauty of the Smart Table (and why it's called "smart"). It uses a conventional Aramith Super Pro cue ball - not a magnetic or oversize, which I assume is what you were alluding to. Let me say that I do not work for, nor have a vested interest in Diamond tables - hell, I've never even played on a Smart Table - it just seems to really fill the bill for the type of application you're talking about.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bassn7
07-24-2006, 06:32 AM
Our 'APA' pool hall only uses bar coin op tables, but the balls are kept in trays just like by the hour pool halls. They took the glass windows out so you can get to the balls, and they are all pay by the hour when it's not league night. This way the balls are all cleaned every night and all the tables use a red circle quality cue ball. They are all 7 foot tables. Works great.

txplshrk
07-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Have you looked at proline? The guy that started proline used to work for Brunswick. His tables are affordable, and much better quality than AMF. Everyone that comes to my house comments on how great my table plays. You might want to check them out. <font color="blue"> </font color>