PDA

View Full Version : AzBilliards website is down here in Vegas, but...

RailbirdJAM
07-23-2006, 12:23 PM
...I decided to post right here on Billiards Digest.

Keith McCready was defeated by Mike Zimmerman, 8 to 6, the first match. Mike played brilliantly and had Keith stuck 4-zip from jump street. Keith came back and had a chance to tie it 4-4 and missed a long shot, allowing Mike to maintain his lead. Mike made a beautiful cross-bank shot on the 6-ball and then made a terrific long shot on the 8 to get on the hill. When the dust settled, Mike wins his first round match.

Mike Davis defeated Scotland's Pat Holtz, 8 to 2, first round.

Brian Groce wins his first round against Jose Parica.

Howard Vickery lost on the hill to Ralf Eckert.

Brian Saleh of England beat Cliff Joyner, 8 to 7.

Chris Batrum lost to German Michael Schmidt.

Bobby Hunter beat Tony Chohan, 8 to 6.

JAM

nhp
07-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the update Jenny. How long has it been down? I checked it around 12:20 PM pacific time, and it's still down since then. It's kind of frustrating, since I was hoping to read your updates. Thanks again for posting over here.

Snapshot9
07-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Ronnie O'Sullivan lost his first match, 6-8 to Dennis Hatch.

Luc Salvas had 6 break and runs in winning his match.
Jummy Fusco's replacement (I forgot who) had 5 B&R.
They are the leaders in B&R.

RailbirdJAM
07-23-2006, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> Thanks for the update Jenny. How long has it been down? I checked it around 12:20 PM pacific time, and it's still down since then. It's kind of frustrating, since I was hoping to read your updates. Thanks again for posting over here. <hr /></blockquote>

It really sucks a big weenie that the website is down, at least here in Vegas. We've got six computers here in the venue site.

BTW, check out this rule. After one hour, if there are not 7 games in total completed, the referee walks over and adds a game to each player's score. This is a new rule I'm not familiar with, but in order to keep it timely, they instituted that 7 games must be completed by one hour.

JAM

Chilifide
07-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi JAM,

If you know any scores I'm missing in the NA Open results thread please let us know.

thanks,
--Steve

Scott Lee
07-23-2006, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> Ronnie O'Sullivan lost his first match, 6-8. <hr /></blockquote>

...of course his comment, after getting beaten by Dennis Hatch, was that "he was a DECENT player"! LOL Calling Dennis Hatch 'decent' is akin to saying Efren 'plays fair'! What a comment, coming from somebody who doesn't even play pool! Hopefully he'll develop a little more respect for the rest of his opponents...perhaps after they beat him too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee

Chilifide
07-23-2006, 01:31 PM
I see the IPT website is now updated with first round results.

--Chili

RailbirdJAM
07-23-2006, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chilifide:</font><hr> I see the IPT website is now updated with first round results.

--Chili <hr /></blockquote>

They're in the 3:00 p.m. third rounds now.

Keith McCready defeated Brian Saleh, 8 to 5. Currently, he's playing Cliff Joyner, and the score is 1 to 1.

Mike Zimmerman is on fire, beating Filipino Warren Kiamko, 8 to 5.

Ronnie O'Sullivan defeated a French player named Vincent Fouqet (sp), 8 to 6.

Gerry Watson has defeated Shawn Putnam, 8 to 5, and he also beat Lee Cheman, 8 to 5 as well, and is having a very nice tournament so far, winning two of his matches.

JAM

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 03:22 PM
I didnt know that old codger Watson could still play-He is a fun guy.

Scott Lee
07-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Jenny...Thanks a ton, for going to the trouble of keeping us posted on current matches! Having AzB down is a killer too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Best of luck to Keither!

Scott Lee

onepocketchump
07-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Sucks about AZ - I wonder if the number of people trying to get there crashed the servers.

Thanks JAM - I was JONESING for information.

John

DialUp
07-23-2006, 03:27 PM
What a day for AZB to be down /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif This has happened before on a major tournament day. I can't remember which one... It might have been the last IPT event. I'm starting to think the owner is doing it to let people know how valuable his site is lol

Thanks for the updates JAM!

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I THink it was Pete Fusco that withdrew so it must be Jimmy that leads in B and R's

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 03:31 PM
NO Im sure OPC got it right and good Server help is probably hard to find on a Sunday!

onepocketchump
07-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Scott, a Brit calling someone a "decent player" is a compliment. As opposed to say, "a complete wanker". I am sure Ronnie respects Dennis' game but he probably feels he should have won if he hadn't made some errors.

John

RailbirdJAM
07-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Stevie Moore defeated Jason Miller, 8 to 3.

Keith is stuck with 4, Cliff Joyner on the hill at the time of this writing.

RailbirdJAM

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Wait- A Wanker is not a compliment!??

Damn-I've got some resumes to correct!!

purdman
07-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks JAM, baby you have made my day by saving the day!!!!
Purdman /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Is that 3 losses for Miller? He is out then i suppose. Well maybe Stan James was right at with 500-1.

BTW-The IPT site shows Miller winning that match 8-3.

rackmsuckr
07-23-2006, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RailbirdJAM:</font><hr>

JAM <hr /></blockquote>

JAM - I finally had to sign up for another forum, lol. I am missing AZB too much. Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say that Mike beat Kiamco 8-4, and he only got to 4 because the ref gave them each a game (which helped Mike too!)

He is quoting his mantra - "One and done!" I am reminding him that he needs to win everything he can, since his GWI follows him to the next round.

He got a little nervous with all the Filipinos watching, but I think he is doing great and I am so proud of him!

The coverage on the IPT site about Keith and Mike's match is hilarious!

I told KT I was playing his boy tomorrow and he said, Yeah, first round in front of the TV cameras! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Stretch
07-23-2006, 04:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmsuckr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote RailbirdJAM:</font><hr>

JAM <hr /></blockquote>

JAM - I finally had to sign up for another forum, lol. I am missing AZB too much. Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say that Mike beat Kiamco 8-4, and he only got to 4 because the ref gave them each a game (which helped Mike too!)

He is quoting his mantra - "One and done!" I am reminding him that he needs to win everything he can, since his GWI follows him to the next round.

He got a little nervous with all the Filipinos watching, but I think he is doing great and I am so proud of him!

The coverage on the IPT site about Keith and Mike's match is hilarious!

I told KT I was playing his boy tomorrow and he said, Yeah, first round in front of the TV cameras! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Welcome rackm. and all the other azb'rs. Sure is refreshing haveing some traffic here for a change. It's been pretty quiet over here. I hope you guys will stick around for a while! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 05:08 PM
They are all within the first 15 groups? Seems kinda odd. Wonder why?

Cornerman
07-23-2006, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> Ronnie O'Sullivan lost his first match, 6-8. <hr /></blockquote>

...of course his comment, after getting beaten by Dennis Hatch, was that "he was a DECENT player"! LOL Calling Dennis Hatch 'decent' is akin to saying Efren 'plays fair'!
<hr /></blockquote>I think it's more of a compliment than you're thinking.

Fred

Nostroke
07-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Truthfully there is a wider cross section of players with more international posters at AZB. Most everyone has come over. Nothing here anymore.

Scott Lee
07-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Fred...Yeah, John said the same thing. I guess the differences between English and the King's English are significant, in some ways! LOL Apologies to Mr. O'Sullivan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee

recoveryjones
07-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Welcome Rakmsucker.
It's great to see you over here!
Going through a little forum withdrawels were we? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Best of luck to you in all your matches.
RJ

cuechick
07-23-2006, 05:41 PM
So Stevie WON? They have it that he lost on the IPT Site! YAY! Thanks Jam!

Billy
07-23-2006, 06:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DialUp:</font><hr> What a day for AZB to be down /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif This has happened before on a major tournament day. I can't remember which one... It might have been the last IPT event. I'm starting to think the owner is doing it to let people know how valuable his site is lol

Thanks for the updates JAM! <hr /></blockquote>

yes, thank you JAM.

this is the second time!

when AZ went down the first time I wondered if too much traffic was the cause but this second time ... wondering as well if it could be somehow deliberate

jmo

PoolSharkAllen
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmsuckr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote RailbirdJAM:</font><hr>
I told KT I was playing his boy tomorrow and he said, Yeah, first round in front of the TV cameras! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Go get 'em, Wonder Woman! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kyle
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I thought that the IPT would have it's own forum up in time for this event.

RailbirdJAM
07-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Mike Zimmerman is a shoe-in to advance, with three wins. He just beat Brian Saleh 8 to 1.

Keith McCready is getting ready to play Warren Kiamco. Keith needs to beat Warren by 8 to 5 in order to advance, if I understand that GL ratio. Cliff Joyner is getting ready to play Mike Zimmerman. That's the bracket I'm watching at any rate.

Sandor Tot is getting ready to play Dennis Hatch. He has already beat Vincent, a French player, and Ronnoe O'Sullivan, and Mike LeBron. Dennis Hatch and Sandor Tot are a shoe-in to advance.

Jose Parica has lost three matches and is getting ready to play his fourth.

That's about all I can remember for now. Later, guys.

RailbirdJAM

PoolSharkAllen
07-23-2006, 07:16 PM
FYI: insidepoolmag.com is also providing IPT updates, as well as a photo gallery of the tournament.

Here's the link to the photo gallery:
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/pool_billiard_photos/index.php?cat=14

rackmsuckr
07-23-2006, 07:28 PM
He made it!!! Mikey just played awesome to beat Brian Saleh 8-2. They got in a looooong safety battle which Mike ended up winning. Wow! If Mike can beat Cliff anywhere near a good score, then that might allow Keith to advance too.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the good wishes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rackmsuckr
07-23-2006, 07:31 PM
He made it!!! Mikey just played awesome to beat Brian Saleh 8-2. They got in a looooong safety battle which Mike ended up winning. Wow! If Mike can beat Cliff anywhere near a good score, then that might allow Keith to advance too.

I just want to point out that of everyone's predictions on AZB to make it out of his group, no one picked Mike except for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks everyone for the welcome and the good wishes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DSAPOLIS
07-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Great news Linda! I hope you do just as well as Mike!

Vagabond
07-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I am happy to know that your hubby is kicking arse.

cuechick
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
It looks like Stevie Moore is advancing for sure, he is undefeated and playing Kim Davenport.
Now y'all know why we call him Stevie Wonder! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mnShooter
07-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know who won between Jimmy Wetch and Stefan Santl

recoveryjones
07-23-2006, 10:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> It looks like Stevie Moore is advancing for sure, he is undefeated and playing Kim Davenport.
Now y'all know why we call him Stevie Wonder! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Steve Moore had a great round robin winning all four of his matches.His come back from 7-4 down to beat Paul Potier 8-7 got the ball rolling as he won 3 straight after that.
RJ

DickLeonard
07-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Scott my Backer/Friend Ralphie Laurella, owner of the three table room in Hudson NY, at that time the action capital of pool in NY state. He was down 30 games backing Bud Hipes against Poughkepsie Mel. He asked Bud what is going on and Bud told him Mel can't play at all. He went from 30 down to 40 up in less than two hours.

This story was told to me by Joe Canton, Bud came to a Worlds Tournament and Challenged anyone to play him nineball. Irving Crane accepted the challenge and had Bud 40 games to Buds 8 and they tied at 48 games apiece and Irving quit.####

DickLeonard
07-24-2006, 06:21 AM
Stretch I find AZ Billiards like watching nineball. I must be missing something there.####

Timberly
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>Welcome rackm. and all the other azb'rs. Sure is refreshing haveing some traffic here for a change. It's been pretty quiet over here. I hope you guys will stick around for a while! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St. <hr /></blockquote>
I would post over here more but I don't like the forum software. I think the vBulletin that AZ and InsidePOOL use are much more user friendly and over all aesthetically more appealing.