PDA

View Full Version : getting out

stickman
07-12-2002, 09:59 AM
I was playing a friend some eightball for fun last night, and I shot this shot to get out. I can't tell you why I decided to shoot this particular shot. For whatever reason, it just seemed like the thing to do. Maybe I just wanted to see if I could do it. Anyway, I planned this shot and executed it to perfection. Shooting the 6 straight in with low left, I knew the cueball would come back and rebound off the rail to the right. I left the cueball straight in on the eight. My friends eyes just about popped out. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

START(
%FD3G1%HM7N8%Ib3H2%M^6U3%On7J8%PD8O9%UE6Z9%VD5G9%W D5I0%XD7N8
%YQ4T2%ZE7[6%eA9b2
)END

Scott Lee
07-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Jim...Great shot! Isn't it more fun, now that you have a stroke that you can depend on...and that you KNOW what's going to happen beforehand! LOL That reverse english draw is a fun shot, huh?

Scott

stickman
07-12-2002, 12:05 PM
Yeah, it was a great feeling. I use this shot often on my computer while playing Virtual Pool, but this was the first time I can recall ever using it in a real game.

9 Ball Girl
07-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Tapping my cue 3x

Wendy~~nothing beats a good position (wait, that doesn't sound right!) /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

07-12-2002, 03:25 PM
You gotta hit that with the right touch or else your gonna run too far after the reverse kicks in. It WAS an equally good choice compared to the soft draw for the side pocket, since the long rail would add some braking to the CB. Still, you sure have to have the touch, which you obviously did. Good shot! sid