PDA

View Full Version : IPT Tiebreaker format for groups?

recoveryjones
07-23-2006, 10:23 PM
The top 3 players in each group of 5 advance.
If two players are tied for 3rd place with two wins each,how is the tie breaker decicded?

I assume it's by your percentage based on your wins and loses,or is it based on your head to head match with the person you ended up tied in 3rd with.

My bet it is percentage, however, I'm not 100% sure.
Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
RJ

mnShooter
07-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Win%

recoveryjones
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mnShooter:</font><hr> Win% <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Mnshooter, I thought it would be win percentage.

Having said that take a look at group 25:
http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/events/06_na_8ball_open/scoresheets/ViewGroups.asp?G=25

Here we have McCready and Kiamco tied with 2 wins and two loses each and an identical 50% winning record.McCready won 27 and lost 27, while Kiamco won 26 and lost 26.

If there is a third method of tie break other than MATCH wins and winning percentage, I think it should be what they did head to head. If that's the case McCready is in because he beat Kiamco 8-6 head to head.If total wins is the third tie breaking method, then Keith has that tie break won as well with 27 wins to Kiamco's 26.

My guessing is that McCready gets in. Let's see what the IPT decides,as it should be interesting. Any comments?
RJ

Scott Lee
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
True, but in the case of Group 25, Keith tied with Warren Kiamco, with two wins each and a 50% GWI. However, Keith won when they played, so he advances to the next round. Kiamco goes home with $2,000.

Scott Lee

recoveryjones
07-23-2006, 11:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> True, but in the case of Group 25, Keith tied with Warren Kiamco, with two wins each and a 50% GWI. However, Keith won when they played, so he advances to the next round. Kiamco goes home with $2,000.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, Scott you beat me to the button by fractions.
That McCready group was most interesting with three guys tied with two wins each and two of them at identical 50% winning records.

Are you 100% sure Keith get's in. I would think so.
Take care Scott,
RJ

recoveryjones
07-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Just got this info from AZ on tie breakers:

Match Wins
Game Winning Pct.
Break-n-Runs
8's-on-the-Break
Head-to-Head Match

McCready gets in over Kiamco because of more break and runs,not his head to head win.
RJ

sack316
07-24-2006, 02:14 AM
good info there, but that just seems weird that head to head matchups fall down so far on the list there.

I mean, say you beat me 8-0, and we wound up tied at the end of that groups play. It seems odd that my lucky eight on the break somewhere along the line would carry more weight than my performance heads up vs. you.

Anyway, I'm enjoying watching some of this stuff on OLN, but it's so chopped up. Any word on good TV deals in the making or episodes showing more of the actual matches? I admit, I have been a bit lazy in researching this... just hoping I'm not missing anything!

Sack

rackem
07-24-2006, 02:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> good info there, but that just seems weird that head to head matchups fall down so far on the list there.

I mean, say you beat me 8-0, and we wound up tied at the end of that groups play. It seems odd that my lucky eight on the break somewhere along the line would carry more weight than my performance heads up vs. you.

If they didn't put head to head last the other stats would not even be relevent. I know it doesn't seem right but head to head will always be last. Duh?