PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Hall of Fame

DickLeonard
07-24-2006, 04:50 AM
I watched the Hall of Fame matches Saturday but I couldn't spot Fred in the audience. An interesting format, the Hall came off as the benifitter of the TV show. How old was that tourney?

FYI as I pointed out before the Wachter Brothers, two of the first 5 players inducted were from Troy.####

Cornerman
07-24-2006, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> I watched the Hall of Fame matches Saturday but I couldn't spot Fred in the audience. <hr /></blockquote>The tournament was just this last winter or spring.

Unfortunately, I was at another tournament. Fortunately, I won the tournament.

Fred

DickLeonard
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Fred you made the right choice. ####

wolfdancer
07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
There was a basketball hall of fame show? and i missed it?
I caught part of ESPN's 50 greatest moments in sports.....too late to tape it.
They had MJ's shot to win the NBA championship, Bird's steal of Isiah's inbound pass, Laetner's game NCAA winning shot.
Franco Harris's "immaculate reception"...and my personal favorite...Flutie to Phelan.
The #1 pick, I had also watched live at the time.......Cal's 7 lateral, through the Stanford Marching Band's game and "Axe" winning TD.
I think one of the ushers, at one of the events, had a distant relative from Troy. I drove through Troy a few times, always remembering to roll up the windows and lock the car doors.
Hope ESPN has that tape for sale....

bsmutz
07-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Uh, Jack, they were holding a pool tournament at the Basketball Hall of Fame. Not much in the way of basketball going on...

wolfdancer
07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Bill,I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer....
Speaking of tournaments though...Portland's Bob Zack won his third Pechauer event, on Sunday....and as the uncatchable point leader, he'll get the bonus $2k cue at the end of the season.
In real life, Bob does custom tile work.

bsmutz
07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Might need him for that kitchen remodel...

wolfdancer
07-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Bill, I'll probably see him on sun at the tournament. I know two of his satisfied customers, and saw one of the bathroom remodels that he did...he does excellent work