PDA

View Full Version : The Femous trailers of FEMA

wolfdancer
07-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Besides being structually unsafe, after not being stored properly.....they are now a health hazard
web page (http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=4643952)
What seemed like a good idea has turned into a costly disaster, a monument to the inept leadership at FEMA.
"Trailer for sale or rent
Rooms to let...fifty cents.
No phone, no pool, no pets...."

pooltchr
07-26-2006, 09:27 AM
What is really a shame is the fact that FEMA sent them down there for the hurricane victims, and local government officials wouldn't allow many of them to be used because the areas where they were to be set up weren't zoned for trailers! Who are the bigger idiots???
Steve

eg8r
07-26-2006, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is really a shame is the fact that FEMA sent them down there for the hurricane victims, and local government officials wouldn't allow many of them to be used because the areas where they were to be set up weren't zoned for trailers! Who are the bigger idiots??? <hr /></blockquote> I think everyone involved from the top down have dropped the ball and poor decisions.

eg8r

Fran Crimi
07-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Will someone please explain how Nagin got elected again? What could possibly have been in the minds of those voters????

Fran

eg8r
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will someone please explain how Nagin got elected again? What could possibly have been in the minds of those voters???? <hr /></blockquote> They get what they deserve (which is what the left say about those who voted for W). Hurricane season is upon us again. Hopefully Nagin does not kill anyone this time around.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Fran, with registered voters dead, or scattered throughout other states, who knows how legit the vote count was? They showed both their campaign speeches on CNN, and neither guy seemed to have a real plan.
I agree with both Steve and Ed on this one (hey, next thing you know, we'll be exchanging Xmas cards) Fema didn't get much cooperation from the states and local gov'ts, and they are all to blame.
......we almost made it through the thread without any partisan comments....almost

Deeman3
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Will someone please explain how Nagin got elected again? What could possibly have been in the minds of those voters????

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Nagin is a victim and excellent at portraying his town and people as victims. This plays well to an electorate that is not smart enough to get out of Dodge when warned, then complaining that noone is coming in after them. It's much like the idiots in California who build on landslides, "Yes, I'm rebuilding on the same spot, and if it washes away again, I'll rebuild again. " Where's the FEMA trailer?"

After all, what's federal flood insurance for anyway? It's not like it's real money to them.</font color>

Deeman

DickLeonard
07-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Pootchr it must have something to do with the heat causing stupidity to reign. Zoning laws are only for the Rich us poor we can live in squalor. ####

DickLeonard
07-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Fran that is the same question we ask of Bush. There is logical answer to that question.####

DickLeonard
07-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Fran I left out [no] in my previous post.####

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Dick,
I was thinking the same thing...what was in the minds of those (Bush) voters????

FEMA bought the trailors, FEMA put them where they ended up, FEMA obviously didn't do their homeword before they went off half cocked, as usual, the Hallmark of this administration! Bush appointed Chertoff, who turned out to be a jerkoff! Worst natural disaster in the history, where was Bush, on vacation, Chertoff, on a trip, Bush flies over in a jet, sees people dying on a bridge, no food, no water, he flies back to the ranch! Chertoff never bothered to go to N.O.! Michael Brown, struggles down there for days, atleast TRYING to get things accomplished, so he gets booted, used as a scape goat, Chertoff still heads FEMA! Brown had been begging for more money for FEMA, warning of its problems, Chertoff won't listen, Bush won't listen, disaster hits, Brown's warnings come true, Brown gets fired! Typical ! The left blames the Democratic Mayor and Governor, in spite of the video which arises after the fact, proving that Bush was told in advance...This is it, the big one! Get Ready! Bush stays at the ranch, fires up the grill, and doesn't even bother to turn on the TV!

It's all Clinton's fault!

Gayle in Md.