PDA

View Full Version : Fiasco and the solution....

wolfdancer
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I haven't bought the book "Fiasco,The American Military Adventure in Irag"
"The definitive military chronicle of the Iraq war and a searing judgment on the strategic blindness with which America has conducted it, drawing on the accounts of senior military officers giving voice to their anger for the first time."
Just reading the description at Amazon is enlightening.

And along with it is "The One Percent Doctrine"
"In this troubling portrait of the war on terror, America's intelligence agencies confront not just al-Qaeda but the Bush administration's politicized incompetence. Journalist Suskind (The Price of Loyalty) follows the triumphs and failures of the "invisibles"—the counterterrorism experts at the NSA, the FBI and especially the CIA—as they painstakingly track terrorists' communications and financial transactions, interrogate prisoners and cultivate elusive al-Qaeda informants. Unfortunately, he contends, their meticulous intelligence-sifting went unappreciated by administration policymakers, especially Dick Cheney, who formulated an overriding "one percent" doctrine: threats with even a 1% likelihood must be treated as certainties. The result was "the severing of fact-based analysis from forceful response," most glaringly in the trumped-up alarm over Iraqi WMDs."

Obviously, the "One percent solution" focuses mainly on Cheney. Maybe a companion book about GWB will follow
"The Seven percent Solution"

Sid_Vicious
07-26-2006, 02:24 PM
I heard an NPR segment yesterday where the author of the book was interviewed, and THAT short synopsis from him was appaulingly and blaringly sumpthin' else concerning everything this admin and Bush has, and are, doing to us and this country. It is all so obvious to any intellegent human being, and yet we have people right here who hide from the reality, a reality which is directly crippling the themselves. Go figure...sid

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 12:13 AM
"How Can Forty Million People Be so Dumb?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The British News Headline...said it best!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 01:45 PM
LOL..I think Bush snorted his, unlike Sherlock!

I can't wait to read "Fiasco" and "The One Percent Solution" and also Madeline Albright's new book, can't remember the name of it right now.
Both books certainly confirm much of what Richard Clarke, and others, said in their books, regarding the lack of understanding of the Middle East by the Bush administration, and Condi Rice in particular. The book "JawBreaker" is also a complete accounting of the incompetence of Bush, and particularly Rumsfeld. Have you ever seen so many dummies around the table in the White House at one time?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
07-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Gayle, I can comment on Bush and his flawed policies, but it's
just the opinions that I have formed about him.
It's the sheer number of books, written by knowledgeable people, people with first hand info....and all written negatively about him...that validates my opinions and beliefs.
All the Bush supportive posts here from the radical right wingers, only mention their supposed, what-if, scenarios, had all the votes had been counted, and counted fairly, and a Democrat been elected.....
well, I guess when there is nothing positive to say about your guy, it's easier to fantasize something negative about the other guy.
One of the items used against Kerry was that he didn't deserve his medals.....and maybe so......but he also was there and didn't do anything cowardly. We'll never know how many medals Bush would have won, had he been there....but there was this extreme shortage at the time, of people with a degree in History,and corporate leadership brilliance and the country could not afford to have something happen to him.

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 10:42 PM
LMAO...All the cowards are lunching in the White House! Powell was the only one worth his salt, and they drove him out! It's Bush way or the highway, and if you aren't a yes man, you're bumped! George Bush has the biggest ego this country has ever seen. He deserves to be impeached more than any man to ever hold the title of President! The Repbulcians have shown the whole country that they don't care about our Constitution, our massive debt, or our law-breaking, lying commander in Chief, so they deserve to be thrown out also~!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
07-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Gayle they would have to be dumb or there crooks. Imagine setting a place for Ken Lay. Good Old Kenny Boy.####

DickLeonard
07-28-2006, 04:48 AM
Dick Leonard I think I will name this Administration. Dumb@Crooks or is it Crooks@Dumb.####

wolfdancer
07-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Dick, since no one could be that stupid...I'd vote for criminal......
A little more light reading on the road to the White House...it's lined with dead bodies by the way
web page (http://www.oldamericancentury.org/bushco/bush_crime_family.htm)

Sid_Vicious
07-28-2006, 08:22 AM
And to restate the past...Bill Clinton got a BJ and was haunted relentlessly until impeachment. After reading those FACTS it seems like stepping on an ant in the garden(Bill) and ignoring the elephant(Bush family) about to smash the whole crop. We got to get a proper perspective on legality...sid

wolfdancer
07-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Sid, I've been following the links from that....it's pretty interesting...like the Ohio Senate Bill, designed to protect the young minds of college students, from the liberal teachings of it's professors. If you think about it, teaching, sharing one's knowledge,life experiences, passions....would attract a person with "liberal" leanings, more so, then say a goal oriented (Re:$$) neocon.
I didn't realise that the minds of out college age students were so permeable, so easily "corrupted" by exposing them to the free, humanitarian, and progressive thinking of libs.

DickLeonard
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Wolfdancer I hope Eg8r has time to read the Bush Criminal Enterprises INC. For the life of me didn't John Kerry ever hear of Google.####