PDA

View Full Version : cushion reccomendations

shark
07-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm going to put new cushions on my G.C.2, should I use K66 cushions or something else? If something else who has good prices? Also who has good prices on Simonis. one more thing the formica rails on my table have a couple of scratches is it possible to purchase replacement rails?

ceebee
07-27-2006, 02:39 PM
If the rails haven't decomposed, maybe you could leave well enough at home. There are some old rails that have a high percentage of rubber in them, so they will be good for a long time.

I like the Championship Dual-Density rails, but maybe you should keep the table playing like the ones you compete on.

mattman
07-27-2006, 04:41 PM
No, do not put K66 style cushions on your Gold Crown. That is the wrong profile. They use K55 style cushions. I just replaced my. I bought a new set of Brunswick SuperSpeed cushions off ebay for $85. A few days later another set (from the same seller) sold for $55. They are about $140 from a dealer. I did a lot of research on this subject. Here is an article that might help. Scroll down to the area titled, "That's How the Ball Bounces - Part III
December 2004"

http://www.onthebreaknews.com/Sheehan3.htm#January2005

Matt

shark
07-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the research, the article was very informative although a bit technicle. My cushions are dead so I guess my search begins for some K55 cushions.