PDA

View Full Version : Unions, like slavery, should be ended

llotter
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Unions, like slavery, represent the antithesis of freedom and deserve no standing in a society where freedom is a fundamental tenant. Just from a simple, pragmatic point of view, the perceived ‘success’ of unions, higher wages, better benefits etc., is successful only to the extent the non-union people are forced to pay through higher prices. If you think about it, having 100% of the workforce unionized just wouldn’t work. It would be equivalent to raising the minimum wage to $30 or $40 per hour or everybody participating in a class action law suit as a means for everybody coming out ahead. Just like there must be losers for there to be winners in the Lottery (something else that doesn’t belong in a free society), Unions depend on losers (non-union) to support their improved living standard of living. It is a totally selfish ideology that that belies the true underlying scheme of ripping off the general population.

But even aside from the false premise of unionism, they represent legalized corruption to the core, best compared to the mafia or the jackbooted Nazis. It’s intimidation, common thuggery, blackmail and property destruction to which the law turns a blind eye that undermines the rule of law. In New York, where I lived until recently, many shops were unionized along with the public sector and people who worked in those shops had to pay union dues regardless of their beliefs. Even in Russia, people weren’t forced to become members or pay dues to the Communist Party. In fact unionism is really the child of Marxism and follows it’s precepts very closely and were or are easily infiltrated by our enemies…‘Workers of the World, Unite’. Establishing ‘labor’ as a entity that is inevitably opposed to business, really misunderstands what actually happens in a free society. People do not actually work for somebody else, they work for themselves, whether self-employed or not.

Deeman3
07-27-2006, 11:52 AM
While I agree many unions are corrupt and on the whole, I'd rather not have one, I feel there has to be a balance between power in the market and labor. Any position that eliminates either one is foolish. You have to have checks and balances and unions have served a positive influence at times. The Molly MCGuires were formed as Mine Owners had workers shot for leaving the mines and as any liberal will gladly tell you, there would be much advantage taken of laborers if unions had never came about.

So, while I don't want a union in my business, the threat of one makes sure I keep my employees safe, communicate with them and not take too much advantage of them. If i do get a union in my business, I probably deserve one for not paying attention to the issues and concerns of the workers.

There are good anbd bad unions but not allowing them at all is not an answer.

Remember, absolute power corrupts, absolutely....

Deeman
one the right, but not over the edge....

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Tap Tap Tap...Deeman, this is one of those rare occasions when you and I are on the same page! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in Md....

DickLeonard
07-27-2006, 01:22 PM
LLotter Do you think if every worker was unionized you would get thousands of container ships from China unloaded. Maybe One Day just like the Vitamins.####

llotter
07-27-2006, 01:50 PM
The Molly McGuires weren't satisfied with their working conditions so the formed a gang and shot and killed 24 people...just the sort of justice that unions like to serve up as a message to other business folks. I guess the thought of getting a different job never occurred to them, oh well.

It sounds like you are still intimidated after all these years but, admittedly; there are plenty of reasons for business to fear union activity so I can’t totally blame you. The more successful a business becomes, the more they have to fear. One off the few functions of government that are legitimate is protecting us from cause of such fears, oh well.

wolfdancer
07-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Dick, what I got from that post was...it isn't worth discussing with him.(That's why I changed the heading) I'd have just passed it up except for the slavery comment. That got me to look up some old things I remembered from my labor history course,the use of Federalized troops and Pinkerton Goons to put down labor protests.... and one of those items was the Colorado Mine Massacre, led me to this...which I'd never heard about.

web page (http://www.rebelgraphics.org/serene.html)

http://www.rebelgraphics.org/images/content/composite_color.jpg

Some of the key players here were women, and these gals all had "balls"

Josephine Roche, daughter of the recently deceased mine owner, who understood the miner's plight, and ultimately worked for the UMW
Mrs. Felix Arrellano:
"Leadership of the I.W.W. strike at Walsenburg today passed into the hands of the women with an Indian halfbreed, Mrs. Felix Arrellano, at their head."
And Colorado's own rebel girl, Flaming Milka:

" The fistfight was bad enough, but when the women in the strike line entered into the spirit of the ruckus, it was humiliating for the police.

Amelia (Milka) Sablich was the IWW "girl in flaming red." She and Sadie Romero were in fine fighting form that day. With fists flying and screaming curses at the police, they both plowed into the fray.

"Flaming" Milka was no stranger to the picket lines. She had already been arrested several times and hospitalized once after a fight."
These gals are my new heroines
and this line is a classic.....all that the old time strikers were asking for, and a line that the WalMart employees should be using:
"If we were asking for diamonds we wouldn't deserve them," she began her morning address. "But we are asking for bread..."
We'll give Mr.LLotter his right wing merit badge for voicing what the "true believers" here think...

Deeman3
07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> The Molly McGuires weren't satisfied with their working conditions so the formed a gang and shot and killed 24 people...just the sort of justice that unions like to serve up as a message to other business folks. I guess the thought of getting a different job never occurred to them, oh well.

<font color="blue"> I'm probably the last person on here to defend a labor union but they only shot killed those 24 people when many of their number had been ruthlessly shot down by thugs brought in by the coal mines to intimidate them into accepting the unsafe and unfair working conditions they faced. </font color>

It sounds like you are still intimidated after all these years but, admittedly; there are plenty of reasons for business to fear union activity so I can’t totally blame you. The more successful a business becomes, the more they have to fear. One off the few functions of government that are legitimate is protecting us from cause of such fears, oh well. <font color="blue">

If you think anyone intimidates me, you have never met me. If you doubt that, I'm the easiest person in the state of Alabama to find. </font color>

Deeman
<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
07-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Deeman was once a "brother" and remnants of his soul are still in place

wolfdancer
07-27-2006, 02:34 PM
You mean when I send Flaming Milka down to picket the place, you won't feel the least threatened?

ceebee
07-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I believe in checks &amp; balances. While working at BOEING, I chastised upper management for allowing the unions to run rampantly out of control. The "old hands" sat on their asses, drew the big wages, maybe worked half a day &amp; committed a multitude of sins against the company. The forklift drivers tore up the airplane assemblies, the tooling, the buildings &amp; the forklifts. Management just looked the other way. Besides being stupid, management was a coward &amp; a liar too.

While I understand the need for a union, I do believe the union should monitor it's member's work ethics &amp; productivity. There shouldn't be a single union official making a dime more per hour than the top paid worker in the factory. I could go on &amp; on, but I won't.

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Don't stop now, you're making too much sense! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chopstick
07-28-2006, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
<font color="blue">

If you think anyone intimidates me, you have never met me.

If you doubt that, I'm the easiest person in the state of Alabama to find. </font color>

Deeman
<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, no kidding. They can probably spot that big ol belly of yours from space. Didn't Wolf post something about that the other day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Unions, feminism, etc.:

Any reform, no matter how neccessary in the beginning, will, by those of weak mind, be carried to such an extreme, that in the end, the reform itself will be in need of reformation.

And that's just the way things go. So crack a beer, go get laid, sit down, and shut up. Your scarin' the fish! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ChopStick~~~&gt;I got a big ol belly too.

llotter
07-28-2006, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"If we were asking for diamonds we wouldn't deserve them," she began her morning address. "But we are asking for bread..."
<hr /></blockquote>

If people want some bread, just go to the supermarket and buy some. The same logic applies to health insurance; if you want some health insurance, buy some. Of course, the price is very high and we can thank government's open wallet policies that have driven the cost through the roof. The goal of the Left is to get everybody on the public dole and grateful for whatever is doled out to them.

DickLeonard
07-28-2006, 06:29 AM
LLotter contact your Rep and tell him/her your in favor of the bill stuck in Congress to pay the families of former slaves Retribution. Can you imagine 145 years later and the Greatest Country in this World hasn't paid its debt to the slaves and when you compound interest they will own most of the slaves states assests. To squander as they see fit.

That is if your so against slavery.####

wolfdancer
07-28-2006, 07:54 AM
"The goal of the Left is to get everybody on the public dole and grateful for whatever is doled out to them."

To that extent, I am in Nirvana, SS and medicare....thank you guys for your weekly contributions.

Qtec
07-28-2006, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, no kidding. They can probably spot that big ol belly of yours from space. Didn't Wolf post something about that the other day?
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice one C.

Sorry Deeman but that WAS funny. You left yourself open for that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Deeman3
07-28-2006, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Yeah, no kidding. They can probably spot that big ol belly of yours from space. Didn't Wolf post something about that the other day?
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice one C.

Sorry Deeman but that WAS funny. You left yourself open for that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Q, Guess I did but I never knew I ever tried to hide this size of my stomach. Who in the hell do you think they got the idea for Fat Bastard from? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

Deeman

Qtec
07-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Deeman, even if you are as thin as a rake, its still funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q.... Actually, thru the Lib secret network I heard that the guys at NASA were in a panic,

....... because at first it they thought it was was an eclipse. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-28-2006, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LLotter contact your Rep and tell him/her your in favor of the bill stuck in Congress to pay the families of former slaves Retribution. Can you imagine 145 years later and the Greatest Country in this World hasn't paid its debt to the slaves... <hr /></blockquote> This is pretty funny, if we were to listen to the crap of the left, it would appear the slaves had a better lifestyle then the poor do today. The slaves had a job, a roof over their head, and food for their kids. You guys make it sound like the poor will die if they don't get $6/hr at their WM job.

eg8r &lt;~~knows the retribution bill is biggest piece of crap bill on the planet