PDA

View Full Version : From "Fiasco" by Thomas E, Rick

Gayle in MD
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
"This books subtitle terms the US effort in Iraq an adventurein the critical sense of adventurism - that is, with the view that the US-led invasion was launched recklessly, with a flawed plan for war, and a worse approach to occupation. Spooked by its own false conclusions about the threat, the Bush Administration hurried its diplomacy, short circuited its War Planning, and assempled an agonizingly incompetent occupation. None of this was inevitable. It was made possible only through the intellectual acrobatics of simultaneously "Worst casing" the threat presented by Iraq while "best casing" the subsequent cost and difficulty of occupying the country."

page 32..

"In September of 2002 - the US Intelligence Community prepared a Comprehensive Summary, called a National Intelligence Estimate, or NIE of what it knew about Iraq's continuing Programs Of Weapons Of Mass Destruction....it was prepared at the request of members of Congress who expected to vote on going to war with Iraq, and wanted something on which to base their votes...as a political document that made the case for war, the NIE of October 2002 succeeded brilliantly. As a professional intelligence product, it was shameful. But, it did its job, which wasn't really to assess Iraqi weapons programs, but to sell a war...there was only one way to disprove its assertions: Invade Iraq, which is what the Bush Administration wanted to do."
------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that this book is yet one more commentary to the lies and twisting of facts, through the elimination of some intel, while embroidering other intel, which led us into this war in Iraq, which we now cannot get out of, as our troops die in the middle of impossibly difficult circumstances, and an average of 100 Iraqis die every day.

The Bush administration's contempt for the Army's assertion that an invasion of Iraq was not a part of the war on terror becomes clear, as does the process the administration used to strip away doubts expressed by the intelligence community in the NIE summaries.

Mr. Rick interviewed over 100 senior military officials, soldiers of all ranks, from private, to four star generals, made five reporting trips in Iraq, and also talked with a number of officials inside the United States. He read 37,000 pages of documents, and recieved CD Roms from some who served in Iraq with "every memo I sent to Paul Bremmer while I was there." Mr. Rick, in an interview on Meet The Press stated that we are now stuck in Iraq, and estimates we will be unable to get out of Iraq for ten to fifteen years.

BTW, the administration failed to even produce, or ask for the production of a NIE before representatives insisted on one, an act which was previously unprecedented.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
07-28-2006, 05:09 AM
Gayle I would write a book on What George Bush Did Right. Most Publishers would rush to print it. All four pages of it. It would contain a opening page or two about my search for what he did Right and then the closing paragraph on my not giving up my search.####

9 Ball Girl
07-28-2006, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Gayle I would write a book on What George Bush Did Right. Most Publishers would rush to print it. All four pages of it. It would contain a opening page or two about my search for what he did Right and then the closing paragraph on my not giving up my search.#### <hr /></blockquote>I love this man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
07-29-2006, 04:20 AM
That makes two of us!!! I'm sure, we're not alone!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey woman, how things???

Love,
Gayle

DickLeonard
07-29-2006, 07:27 AM
9 Ball Girl thanks for your declared Love. I try to bring Humor to this Board. President George W. Bush is such an easy target. On one hand I so enjoy myself with him and then on the Other I cry for us for having this Idiot in the White House. Wait I have come up with the title of my book. White House for Dummies.

DickLeonard
07-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Gayle when Bush the Senior was running for the Senate in Texas he blasted the Defense Dept for sending men to war with Shoddy Material. What a Field Day he would have had with the Shoddy Material our forces are still fighting with in Iraq.
God I love the Bushes, one could spend all day,everyday just beating up on their past,present and future.

I hope your reading the unauthorized Bush, I have to thank Wolfdancer for leading the way to the truth. The Bush Crime Family is also good reading. Karl Rove's family tree goes back to Heil Hitler, also interesting reading.####

Gayle in MD
07-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Dick,
I think they are the most despicable family in American History, and BTW, the term, 'Cut and run" was first used politically to describe Ronald Reagan's policy of doing absolutely nothing when Iranian terrorists, and some say Hezbollah terrorists included, bombed our Marines, as they slept, with a truck full of dynomite straight into their barracks, killing many many of them, in a circumstance in which they were there on a so called "Peace Keeping mission" and not allowed to put amo in their guns!!! (How stupid was that?) back in the eighties. The Marine who gaurded the gate could have killed the suicide bomber if he had been allowed to have amo in his gun! Cut and Run was RR's policy, and there was no retaliation, yet the Resumglicans now try to lay it all on liberals....one thing about the Resmuglicans, they are experts at putting our troops in impossible situations, and not even giving them what they need to survive. Guess all that money for supplies our troops need, goes to the Resmuglican's rich, no bid contract cronies!

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
07-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Gayle ComeOoooooNnnnnnn Ronald Reagan was the Greatest thing since Sliced Bread. I don't think he knew about the killing of the 242 Marines if my memory serves me. Or he would have done something, the Staunch Republican he was, wasn't he.####

Gayle in MD
07-30-2006, 07:49 PM
LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif