PDA

View Full Version : JJ Cale

Qtec
07-30-2006, 04:28 PM
...that guy's music is so cool and relaxed. Thank goodness for Limwire.

Q.....Cajun Moon?

Lets say you get in the car in the morning/ put your I-pod on!.

Give me 3 numbers you would play to chill out. 3 numbers to wake up/ get an attitude and 3 numbers you would play just because they are just so good.

BTW, eric Clapton's version of JJ Cale's 'After Midnight'changed the whole feel of the song and basically messed it up.!

Voodoo Daddy
08-01-2006, 03:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ...that guy's music is so cool and relaxed. Thank goodness for Limwire.

Q.....Cajun Moon?

Give me 3 numbers you would play to chill out. 3 numbers to wake up/ get an attitude and 3 numbers you would play just because they are just so good.

BTW, eric Clapton's version of JJ Cale's 'After Midnight'changed the whole feel of the song and basically messed it up.! <hr /></blockquote>

Three tunes to chill out too;
Stevie Ray Vaughan...Riviera Paradise
Allman Brothers...Soulshine
Eagles...Peaceful, easy feeling

Three songs to wake up to and getta attitude;
Pantera...Cemetary Gates
Mudvayne...Happy?
Rage against the Machine...Rollin' down Rodeo

Three songs that are just that damn good;
Cream...Stormy Monday
Grand Funk Railroad...Closer to home {I'm your Captain}
Deep Purple...Highway Star

P.S...JJ Cale wrote so many tunes, Clapton used him often including "Cocaine". Long live Velvet Underground!!

hondo
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
You're thinking of John Cale from VU, not J.J. Cale.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ...that guy's music is so cool and relaxed. Thank goodness for Limwire.

Q.....Cajun Moon?

BTW, eric Clapton's version of JJ Cale's 'After Midnight'changed the whole feel of the song and basically messed it up.! <hr /></blockquote>

Three tunes to chill out too;
Stevie Ray Vaughan...Riviera Paradise
Allman Brothers...Soulshine
Eagles...Peaceful, easy feeling

Three songs to wake up to and getta attitude;
Pantera...Cemetary Gates
Mudvayne...Happy?
Rage against the Machine...Rollin' down Rodeo

Three songs that are just that damn good;
Cream...Stormy Monday
Grand Funk Railroad...Closer to home {I'm your Captain}
Deep Purple...Highway Star

P.S...JJ Cale wrote so many tunes, Clapton used him often including "Cocaine". Long live Velvet Underground!! <hr /></blockquote>

Voodoo Daddy
08-02-2006, 03:23 AM
I stand corrected...

DickLeonard
08-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Voodoo Daddy With your new sub title I think your response should have been I sit corrected.####