PDA

View Full Version : First Post -- New Pool table question

warewulf
07-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi,
This is my first post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've played pool, 8 ball and 9 ball for over 20 years. I have a Mc Dermet (spelling) cue. Today I bought a used pool table through Craig's list -- a 9' pool table with, 1" 3 piece slate, black felt. I paid $600 and think I got a GREAT deal. Brand new black felt, new pockets. It looks brand new and the balls roll forever when I hit them.

I have two questions:

1. Where should I keep the balls when I'm not playing. I was thinking of leaving them in the pockets, but the pockets are leather. Is it better to leave the balls in the pocket, or on the table? Or should I remove the balls completely? I figure if I leave them in the pockets they might wear out sooner.

2. Cover - I should probably cover the table when not in use. It's in my garage. I looked on Ebay and saw cheap vinyl covers and Neoprene covers that were more expensive. Does it matter which one I get? What cover is suggested for someone who just spent all there money on the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
warewulf

cueball1950
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Myself... i would keep the balls in either their original box if you have it. or you can but a decent plastic tray to put the in. but put them under the table rather than up someplace where a child can pull them down and then have to say ouch...Just my humble opinion. or someplace else that would be safe and within reach...hope this helps and welcome to the board.................mike
as for covering it. you could just as well by a blue tarp that is made just a little larger than the table and it would work just as fine. thats what we use in our pool room mainly near the windows so that the sun don't fade the cloth. but again. just buy a 8x12 blue plastic tarp and it will work fine..........mike