PDA

View Full Version : More proof on Separation & Right wing lies

Gayle in MD
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ed_buckner/quotations.html

Wouldn't it be great if the self proclaimed conservatives who claim that this country was founded on a Christian led Democracy, which give them the right to dictate to the rest of us what we may and may not do, would stop telling lies about our Constitution and the intentions of The Founding Fathers?

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the general population had sufficiently developed critical thinking skills to be able to objectively analyze what they're told by these "conservatives" and recognize the patterns of lies and manipulation?

Wouldn't it be great if our Government was once again run "by the people, for the people"?

Wouldn't it be great if every vote were counted?

Wouldn't it be great if we had a government that didn't need to create enemies within it's own population to drive allegience to the party?

Wouldn't it be great if "all men were created equal", including Athiests, Muslims, Liberals, Gays, and any other enemy du jour?

Wouldn't it be great if reports to congress were not filtered through corporate lobbyists?

Wouldn't it be great to have "checks and balances" again?

Wouldn't it be great if the President and law makers actually obeyed the laws of the country?

Wouldn't it be great if Republicans actually cared about any of the ideals and liberal ethics on which this country was founded?

pooltchr
07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> Wouldn't it be great if the general population had sufficiently developed critical thinking skills to be able to objectively analyze what they're told by these "conservatives" and recognize the patterns of lies and manipulation?
<font color="red"> Wouldn't it be great if people could get it through their heads that it is not one party or the other that is causing problems...Rep...Dem...makes no difference what name you hang on them if their sole purpose in Washington is to get re-elected rather than do what is right for the country. </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if our Government was once again run "by the people, for the people"? <font color="red"> By the people? I'm not so sure...but no doubt "for the people would be an improvement. </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if every vote were counted? <font color="red"> I doubt if it has ever happened in a national election. Let's just let the election boards do their jobs and keep the courts and judges out of it. </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if we had a government that didn't need to create enemies within it's own population to drive allegience to the party? <font color="red"> How about if we had a government run by people who are looking out for the people the represent more than their own party? </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if "all men were created equal", including Athiests, Muslims, Liberals, Gays, and any other enemy du jour? <font color="red"> They ARE created equal. Wouldn't it be great if everyone were TREATED as equals? In EVERY way! </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if reports to congress were not filtered through corporate lobbyists? <font color="red"> Or party leadership, or tree huggers, or any other special interest group? </font color>

Wouldn't it be great to have "checks and balances" again? <font color="red"> It's never gone away...we just have some people who think checks and balances means stopping anyone from the "other party" from doing anything. </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if the President and law makers actually obeyed the laws of the country? <font color="red"> Wouldn't it be great if government enforced the laws we have and spent less time legislating new laws designed to support special interest groups? </font color>

Wouldn't it be great if Republicans actually cared about any of the ideals and liberal ethics on which this country was founded? <font color="red"> Wouldn't it be great if liberal Democrats actually understood the limits the constitution places on what the government should and should not be involved in? </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
07-31-2006, 08:19 PM
All very good points, friend, especially the first one.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
07-31-2006, 08:20 PM
You get what you settle for,and these morons will settle for fascism,as a new religion of the right. These are true believers,in religion and government to be one,with the Church as the great decider. The Pope was declared infalible in 1870. I wish Jesus would make it back,to remind these fools,the State is the State,and the Church is the Church,and the two are seperate.

Gayle in MD
07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't think they could grasp the concept. Sounds to me like they think much like the terrorists. They have become their enemy, and calling themselves Christians! Anyone who can justify torturing a human being, is as sick and uncivilized as the terrorists are. They try to paint civilized values, into ignorance of the threat, and support for terrorists. Radical thinking, based on extremist justification. Isn't that just like alqaeda?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Gee,wouldn't that rule out the new theocracy they want to establish here, with the divinely guided Bush, as it's head?

"Freedom of thought is the only guarantee against an infection of people by mass myths, which, in the hands of treacherous hypocrites and demagogues, can be transformed into bloody dictatorships. (Andrei Dmitrievich Sakharov, 1921-".....wow, yet another liberal !!

DickLeonard
08-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Drop1 Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's. I know somebody said that.####

pooltchr
08-02-2006, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Drop1 Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God's. I know somebody said that.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I believe it was Jesus in the New Testement.
Steve

wolfdancer
08-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I believe it was "render" not "give"
I give at the church, and render to the IRS

Gayle in MD
08-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Deomcracy always includes transparency in government, Secrecy in Government always preceeds fascism, and fascism always comes with a smile on its face....slowly chipping away at privacy rights, as it goes.

John Dean

wolfdancer
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
If anybody would like to understand the Constitution (just a piece of paper, GWB) a bit more....
web page (http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpapers/)

ceebee
08-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Very good replies.

There are several posters here, which one of you wants to be the new leader of "American Constitutional Rights, according to the CCB".

The dishonorable members of Congress will certainly lash out at us, if we ever become a group of 3 or more. The dishonorable bastards have a lot at stake; they could be peacefully removed from office, they might lose their lifetime pensions &amp; they might actually have to answer to their shameful actions. So they are ready to fight for that, but not for you or I

I ran out of candy again...