PDA

View Full Version : Appeals Court Sides W/GOV Reporters Phone Records

Gayle in MD
08-02-2006, 12:30 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060801/pl_nm/media_leak_dc;_ylt=AkuEcNoAhkgWVEX3UN.nXnqs0NUE;_y lu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

wolfdancer
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Isn't that a bit of a "Catch 22" situation? The Grand Jury can not make a decision on whether to indict for not revealing their sources, unless they reveal the sources to the Grand Jury....or did I read it wrong..."Lost in Translation"
You can't control the news unless you can control the people reporting the news.
In today's brave, new world, reporters can go to jail for not revealing the sources that gave them info that reflects badly on the Gov't
Tomorrow, they may be imprisoned just for reporting that same news.
It will all be subject to the dictates of the new Dep't of Disinformation, which will be run by some wealthy contributor to the "cause" who's only qualifications are, he was a judge at the Westminister Dog show, and he donated freely.....

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Although I'm against the decision on principle, in this case, it may be just what Fitzgerald need in order to get to the bottom of who told what to whom, and when they did so. If it turns out that Cheney was directly in touch with Miller, or Novak, the $*%t will definately hit the fan! This decision will open a whole new opportunity for investigations.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Gayle, it would be nice to get to the bottom of the story....but the ruling could be ominous for any future
person, wanting to reveal corruption, and remain anonymous,
to protect his job, family, or life.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Absolutely...the judge said something to the effect that his decision was based on the government inability to get the information any other way...couldn't get any records from the White House, but I fear it will set some kind of precedent that will be bad in the long run...

Gayle in Md.