dg-in-centralpa
08-02-2006, 02:17 PM
For everyone in the heat wave.

http://home.valornet.com/sabruf2/countchr.html

DG

Deeman3
08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
DG,
Good idea. I do feel for all of you. While we have the same high temps here, we are used to and mostly prepared for it. I know many are suffering all over the north and midwest. If we ever lose the power grid, it is frightening to think of all the older people at risk.

I hope everyone stays safe, this heat is serious and will kill you.

Take care,

Deeman

dg-in-centralpa
08-02-2006, 02:29 PM
We're not used to having the heat index at 105-110 but we're not as bad off as California.

DG

SnakebyteXX
08-02-2006, 03:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> We're not used to having the heat index at 105-110 but we're not as bad off as California.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

This time about ten days ago it was 117 in the shade on my patio at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Good thing I stayed the heck out of the shade that day!

Damn it was HOT!

Snake

Timberly
08-02-2006, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>we have the same high temps here, we are used to and mostly prepared for it.<hr /></blockquote>

I currently live in the same county as DG but prior to moving here I lived in Arlington, TX.... LOL, I feel like a broken record.... I just keep saying it feels like TX. I can take the heat much better than I can take the cold. After 8 yrs of living up here in PA, these triple digits do seem a lot hotter than they used to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
08-03-2006, 03:10 AM
I went to the baseball game yesterday. The official field temperature at game time was 102 degrees. Damn, I'm lucky I didn't have to play and my seats are in the shade. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
There was even a breeze. Ok, so the breeze felt like a hair dryer. It still felt good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DG, thanks for reminding me. I have to shart shopping. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I'll bet the temp on the field was brutal. Start shopping already? I wait until sometime in December when Mrs. DG drags me along kicking and screaming. What a racket.

DG - doesn't want any presents only fuel oil. LOL

onepocketfanatic
08-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Hotter n' Hell and humid is not the word for it here in Houston...but like someone said...we are better prepared for it here than many places that are getting it now. Air conditioning everywhere is the answer...and pretty much everything is air conditioned here. And a lot of people say that "global warming" is just not really happening! That it is not a proven fact.....well I guess when the heat index reaches 120 years from now they will be saying the same ole thing.

dg-in-centralpa
08-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Best thing I ever did was to put central air in our house a couple years ago. Mrs. DG thought I was god,but somehow something changed her mind. And of the thousands of things I may have done wrong, I don't know which one changed her mind.

DG