PDA

View Full Version : Can you Believe the Chinese???

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 12:38 PM
They had a rabbies outbreak, so they just start clubbing dogs to death left and right! Grabbing the dogs right out of car windows, clubbing them dead right in front of their owners! Absolutely disgusting! Says a lot about them as a Nation. Good thing I'm not Chinese, I'd be dead too, by now!

Gayle in Md. Unbelievable... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

moblsv
08-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Bomber is so sweet, I couldn't imaging anybody wanting to club him.

http://home.comcast.net/~crriddle/bomber.jpg

and I miss my Nikolas who I recently lost to Cancer.

http://home.comcast.net/~crriddle/nikicon.jpg

Deeman3
08-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Deewoman just "rescued" another one from the dog pound. I find it strange that everytime we pass a dog pound, there is one just about to be put to sleep.

The way you treat an animal says more about you than any other thing. If you will mistreat a dog, you'll beat a woman and abuse your kids, eventually. Of course the Chinese don't treat their citizems any better, do they?

Deeman

Drop1
08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Gayle,my dad used to tell how he,and his brothers would tie a burlap bag to the back of a car,and when a dog that chased cars,would lock it's teeth into the bag,they would speed up,and drag the dog to death. Down her in Mexico,they throw old dogs off the backs of trucks,and let them get killed by the traffic. And there is no dead animal pick up.
I had a little mutt I called Samari,because he threw himself into the biggest dogs on the street. Samari was poisoned and died slowly in California. The Chinese are not killing these dogs,because they think its fun,there is no system in place to handle the crisis. We spend more on pets in the United States,than we do on babies,yet when it comes to how the animals we eat are killed,we look the other way. The way corporations treat animals in this Country,is no different than the Chinese. Some improvement have been made,and we no longer kill cattle with a sledge hammer,but use electricity instead. Hens that lay eggs are kept under lights,and on wire so they won't sleep,but keep laying eggs. The Chinese have a saying,"if it moves eat it". I think ours' would be "don't tell me how the meat died". And you really thought you could shoot a duck.

moblsv
08-03-2006, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Deewoman just "rescued" another one from the dog pound.
<font color="blue"> We got Bomber from the dog pound and we feel fortunate to have him in our family. I hope things work out as well for you with your new dog.</font color>
I find it strange that everytime we pass a dog pound, there is one just about to be put to sleep.
<font color="blue"> Then quit passing dog pounds /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>
The way you treat an animal says more about you than any other thing.
<font color="blue"> I can't argue with that </font color>
If you will mistreat a dog, you'll beat a woman and abuse your kids, eventually. Of course the Chinese don't treat their citizems any better, do they?

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

onepocketfanatic
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Almost every dog I ever had (except for one) was either a stray, or one that needed to be rescued. My current dog is a 4 pound 7 ounce killer pomeranian. She loves everyone, and everything. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body.
We had a little Yorkie that died suddenly, so my wife had her creamated. When she went to go pick up the ashes several weeks later there was "Grace". She needed a home badly, and was so sweet we decided even though the sting of loosing the Yorkie had not left, it was by the "Grace of God" that we found her, hence her name.
I have to admit that I like animals like Grace more than a lot of people.....she gives me something a lot of humans can't.......it's called unconditional love....all she asks for is food, water, and love....nothing else.....oh well maybe throw the ball every now and then....I forgot about that /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Awe...he is too cute! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif So sorry about Nikolas. I'm sure he had a wonderful life though.

Gayle...lost my grand-doggie this year too...Dino..he was a sweetie
New Grand Doggie...Cosmo...Both Manchester terriers

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Sweet, what kind?

I agree. How can anyone hurt an animal? I have a family of little lizards that live around my brick porch. They're like little salamanders, change colors, and I love when they get black, with a bright blue stripe down their backs. A few weeks ago, one of them was rippin around, and wow, I look down and noticed his tail was cut off, right where it joined his body. Jeeze, I worried about him for two weeks, kept telling Jim, we should try and catch him, take him to the vet, and Jim kept saying, he'll probably grow a new one. I thought he was just saying that to assuage my worries, then I saw him again, the lizard that is, and he was growing a new one! I never knew they could do that! Sure made me happy when I saw him.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
OMG. I think you just turned me into a vegatarian! Awe, I didn't know about the cows. That is too sad. Gee, I didn't know about the chickens, either...damn, Drop, I wish ya hadda left that out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nah, I knew I could kill any ducks, didn't even aim, shut my eyes when I pulled the trigger...hey it could only happen to me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md....gonna be thinking about those chickens all night now...wish I had Drop's number, LOL.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Nice story...Dino's ashes are on the mantle at my daughters house. She's a real animal lover, too. Who's the Saint of the animals? She's go his statue in her back yard. And she's a neatnik, wipes the dog's paws when they come in, they stand in the foyer and hold each one out for her. I won't tell you what else they turn up for her to wipe with baby wipes!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-04-2006, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Sweet, what kind?

<font color="blue"> An American Bull Dog. She had been used for breeding and had been abused in the process. She has been so excited to be in a nice home for the last two weeks and Tori took her to the doctor to get her spayed yesterday. Last night, she just sat in the corner looking at Tori like, "I'll never get in a car with you again!"

As I didn't participate in the ordeal, she snuggled up next to me for protection from her evil nemisis, Tori. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Tori does the rescueing, I get the warm nuzzle. </font color>

I agree. How can anyone hurt an animal? I have a family of little lizards that live around my brick porch. They're like little salamanders, change colors, and I love when they get black, with a bright blue stripe down their backs. A few weeks ago, one of them was rippin around, and wow, I look down and noticed his tail was cut off, right where it joined his body. Jeeze, I worried about him for two weeks, kept telling Jim, we should try and catch him, take him to the vet, and Jim kept saying, he'll probably grow a new one. I thought he was just saying that to assuage my worries, then I saw him again, the lizard that is, and he was growing a new one! I never knew they could do that! Sure made me happy when I saw him. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Yes, My parents have scores of them and every once in a while one will lose a tail. They do grow back pretty quick. I know science has been trying to figure out this process for decades. Imagine growing a new arm or heart. Of course, I might not to want my heart ripped out to grow another one. </font color>

Deeman
wait Republicans don't have hearts.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Qtec
08-04-2006, 06:23 AM
The Chinese have no respect for animals. EVERYTHING is food for them.

Here is my dog.[ deceased] Susie, an Irish Wolfhound who was as sweet as sweet can be. Scroll down to susie.
my dog susie (http://www.members.lycos.nl/agli2/)

What a sweetie! If you have a dog like this , you can't be a bad guy..........right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

There is another link to The Faab. I,ve known this guy since he was 11- he used to pick the balls out the pockets for when I was practicing....He is now 5 or 6 times Dutch Snooker Champion! He,s the most talented player I have ever met and I,ve met a few.
If only I could get him to play pool seriously.

What a guy!

Deeman3
08-04-2006, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> The Chinese have no respect for animals. EVERYTHING is food for them.

Here is my dog.[ deceased] Susie, an Irish Wolfhound who was as sweet as sweet can be. Scroll down to susie.
my dog susie (http://www.members.lycos.nl/agli2/)

What a sweetie! If you have a dog like this , you can't be a bad guy..........right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue"> Q, I have to give you that. With a dog like that, you can't be all bad. Maybe just 60%. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman </font color>

pooltchr
08-04-2006, 08:37 AM
onepocketfanatic,
Good move. I got my dog last year. She was one of 11 puppies someone left outside our office door one night. She is a Golden Retriever/Boarder Collie mix and is a great dog. (although somewhat more high energy that I would like, but she is still a puppy...all 65 lbs of her!)

I think rescue/adoption is the only way to get a pet. I hate to think what happens to so many unwanted animals every year. I am seriously considering buying some land in the country where I can just take in strays.
Steve

DickLeonard
08-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Drop1 my brother and sister-in-law tried to adopt a dog and fillled out this long questionaire, were interviewed exstensively and two weeks after adopting the dog a case worker called and asked her how the dog was adapting to family life.

My sister-in-law said lady I adopted two children and nobody called and your calling about a dog. We still laugh about that 30 years later.####

SnakebyteXX
08-04-2006, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> onepocketfanatic,
Good move. I got my dog last year. She was one of 11 puppies someone left outside our office door one night. She is a Golden Retriever/Boarder Collie mix and is a great dog. (although somewhat more high energy that I would like, but she is still a puppy...all 65 lbs of her!)

I think rescue/adoption is the only way to get a pet. I hate to think what happens to so many unwanted animals every year. I am seriously considering buying some land in the country where I can just take in strays.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

"Missed Connections: The Pound

I know a guy isn't supposed to cry, and most of the time I do fine, then break down and cry all night. I can't imagine why she literally dumped me here; I loved her purely and innocently and did everything my senses told me to do - ate very little, even brought food home, warned her of bad ones approaching, never 'went' in the house. A few days ago she put me in the car and rolled the window down, I love the wind in my ears more than life itsself... I thought it was going to be just a shopping trip with the usual stuffy but patiently loving wait in the car... maybe a trip to the smelly white place which I don't like but she always treats me so well afterwards..

I was so shocked at being put here, I thought surely it was just for a few minutes... Yesterday someone came and looked at me for a minute; I put my whole body against the wire mesh hoping for a rub or a scratch because it does make the pain go away if only for a few minutes...but she was looking for something in particular across the way, not an old ugly like me. She had a male with her who smelled of leather car-seats, which made me so sad, reminded me of the days riding with the wind in my ears...

Today the smelly old person came by, he reeks of something awful and honestly, I don't think he knows what a hydrant is for, or how to use grass effectively. He smells like an old junkyard dog, but he talks to me and swear to god, I would give him all the love in the world if he would take me out onto the street (where he lives ) because his wretched state may be a joke to passers-by ( like leather-seat man ) but freedom and a dirty blanket oh so sweet...

Smelly old man told me something today that gives me hope. He said I only have six days to go here. He pointed to where cocker and terrier were and laughed, and indeed I noticed they are gone, so I feel better. In six days maybe I will ride with the wind in my ears again..."

Missed Connection: The Pound (http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/10226970.html)

pooltchr
08-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Snake,
I wish I hadn't read that.
Steve

Deeman3
08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Snake,

Yes, that got me as well. Tori and I always have our pets fixed as soon as we can and despite my complains, all our dogs have come from the pound. Why encourage people to breed animals and sell them to people who think they want a dog. For Tori, her animals are much of her existence. While I'm working, they are there for her. I would rather not have them when we plan a vacation or want to get away and have to spend money on boarding them but they mean so much to her. She has decided last night to volunteer at a place that trains dogs for the impaired. I have tried for months to get her to volunteer at an old folks home or a hospital but she has much more connectedness with animals. I think it will be rewarding for both of us.

I really think people who aquire and abandom animals should have to participate in their destruction to see the harm they cause innocent ones. Last night, on a show the Detroit animal control had rescued a great looking dog that had a heavy chain attached ot it's neck that had worn itself an inch and a half into the dog's neck! They fed and got him back up to good health in three weeks, then they had to test him for behavoiur for adoption but he was too aggressive when an artificial hand was put near his feed bowl and they ended up having to destroy him! What a shame. He was a fine looking animal but they can't adopt out agressive dogs. Tori trains them from the time she gets them by putting her hand in their dish and getting them used to a non defensive posture when eating, etc.

Taking on a cute little dog that will weight 60 or 70 pounds is a very serious thing and the epidimic of having to destroy so many each day shows we are still not getting the message out.

DON'T GET A DOG IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT REQUIRES. Many years of care devotion......

Deeman

Qtec
08-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks D. She was almost 15 when that video was taken.I,ve had a lot of dogs but she was something special.
Once i was walking her and we were in a sort of field, A man was walking with a huge Bouvier and let the dog go.!
Susie saw the dog and made a run, directly for the dog! The Bouvier just sat down on his hind legs.[ big mistake!]
Susie ran straight at him, dipped her head just before impact [ like she always did] and launched this poor dog into the air. I swear he did a somersault before he hit the ground.
Of course, the macho guy with the big dog was in shock! "OMG"! LOL
Susie runs back with a face that say,s "that was fun, can we do that again!". LOL

Once on a walk in the park she went missing for a while and she eventually emerged from out of the bushes- with a puppy in her mouth! About 30 yrds behind her was a hysterical woman ! LOL
She had a strong maternal instinct and was prone to picking up small dogs! LOL She would meet a puppy on theb street, knock him on his back withb her nose, clean him and then [ to the horror of the owner!] grab the puppy by the neck and look at me as if to say, "lets go." LOL
God I miss that dog.

Deeman3
08-04-2006, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Thanks D. She was almost 15 when that video was taken.I,ve had a lot of dogs but she was something special.
Once i was walking her and we were in a sort of field, A man was walking with a huge Bouvier and let the dog go.!
Susie saw the dog and made a run, directly for the dog! The Bouvier just sat down on his hind legs.[ big mistake!]
Susie ran straight at him, dipped her head just before impact [ like she always did] and launched this poor dog into the air. I swear he did a somersault before he hit the ground. <font color="blue"> Sounds like all the creatures in Holladn are not pacifists! Suzi didn't have anything to do with training the Itialian football team did she? </font color>
Of course, the macho guy with the big dog was in shock! "OMG"! LOL
Susie runs back with a face that say,s "that was fun, can we do that again!". LOL

Once on a walk in the park she went missing for a while and she eventually emerged from out of the bushes- with a puppy in her mouth! About 30 yrds behind her was a hysterical woman ! LOL
She had a strong maternal instinct and was prone to picking up small dogs! LOL She would meet a puppy on theb street, knock him on his back withb her nose, clean him and then [ to the horror of the owner!] grab the puppy by the neck and look at me as if to say, "lets go." LOL
God I miss that dog.

<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> I believe we will all see our animals again one day. I wish we were all as good as our best pets....

Deeman</font color>

Qtec
08-04-2006, 11:16 AM
One of Susie's pups. http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/cavatars/avatar572_2.gif
Dogs have their own character. Thats why they are not food.
If you put this dog in a warehouse and scattered 400 teddybears around, you could came back the next morning and all the teddybears would have been collected and placed in one pile, in a corner!
If you tried that with his brother Winnie, you would find 400 teddybears torn to shreds! LOL
Some dogs are smart.

Q.........I remember a video.

Q

pooltchr
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> I believe we will all see our animals again one day. I wish we were all as good as our best pets....

Deeman</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

I would like to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am!
Steve

wolfdancer
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Imagine if one could grow their hymen back...or is that too far off the subject?
Well, since it can't be done....for protection, there's always
IronHymen...here's a testimonial:
Sue-Jane R.: "Watch out, boys! Because thanks to Iron Hymen, my baby cave is better guarded than a maximum security prison even one ringed with electrified razorwire and a crocodile-infested moat!"

Iron Hymen (http://www.ironhymen.com/)

I don't know how the thread got changed from dogs to Lizards...you guys should stay on topic a bit more.

wolfdancer
08-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Q, neat story about your dog. I only had one in my life,followed me everywhere and got pissed if I stopped to pet another dog...He'd forget about our friendship though during "rutting" season, he'd be gone for several days, come back with a few battle scars, and I'm pretty sure, that was a smile on his face... got run over when I was about 12, and I still remember carrying him back home to bury....the only living thing I've ever met, that knew me that long, without realizing... what a complete moron....
Never got another dog, afraid they might be smarter then my
Nicky was

Drop1
08-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Wolf this thread could go anywhere. It started with Chinese killing rabid dogs,and then to pets we all love,or loved,and now to God's gift to the pure,the "Iron Hymen". Say have you heard about the vibrating thong. I had Babe and eggs for breakfast. I love people,and like animals.

TomBrooklyn
08-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I live in Chinatown and was thinking about getting a dog. I will have to weigh in the possibility that the dog could be taken from me and clubbed by a mob.

SPetty
08-07-2006, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>Dogs have their own character. Thats why they are not food.<hr /></blockquote>No, that's not why they are not food. Cows have their own character and pigs have their own character, and they are food. (I don't know why dogs are not food, but it's not because they are somehow better animals with more character or intelligence than cows or pigs.)

SnakebyteXX
08-07-2006, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>]No, that's not why they are not food. Cows have their own character and pigs have their own character, and they are food. (I don't know why dogs are not food, but it's not because they are somehow better animals with more character or intelligence than cows or pigs.)
<hr /></blockquote>

Dogs as well as cats are treated as food and consumed by humans in other parts of the world. What one finds acceptable to eat is often defined by ones culture.

Dog Meat Festival (http://www.seoulsearching.com/Oct3.html)

Deeman3
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I was in South Korea just a few weeks ago and one of my Korean hosts pointed out a truck loaded with dogs on the way to slaughter. You are right, it is a cultural thing that we don't understand as much as they don't understand how we are appalled by the practice. South Korea was a very poor country and they would eat any available food source. Much like many of us grew up eating rabbit, squirrel and other wild game, they had dogs and they were seen as food items. Most of the younger population do not eat dog but understand why their forefathers did. I think the movement to eliminate them as a food source is a good thing and that as the older generation dies, so will the practice. Sadly, in other cultures people face the same conditions that the Koreans did in the past so the practice will contiuue eleswhere despite what South Korea does.

Deeman

SnakebyteXX
08-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I understand that hunger issue. Many of my relatives come from the Ozarks of Mo. I spent time back there when I was a kid. We hunted and ate nearly everything from squirrel to rabbit to you name it. Possums and racoons were also on the list. My gut instinct tells me that the hungrier folks get the less picky they become over what they will eat (the Donner Party comes to mind).

When I lived in Turkey as a youngster they had mongrel dogs running around loose but NO pet dogs that I ever saw. I used to pass by the half eaten carcasses of dead dogs (killed by fellow pack members no doubt) on my way to school. The Turks also kept no pet cats but cats ran freely all over the village where we lived. I do not believe that they ATE these animals but their attitudes towards them were certainly far different than ours.

What we well fed Westerners are squemish about comes from our pre-conceived notions about what makes a pet a pet and a meat animal only subject to food use. It is definitely cultural. Keeping pets is an economic luxury not afforded to many of those in the less affluent parts of the world.

Snake &lt;-- has eaten rattle snake on several occasions and enjoyed it but never tasted either dog or cat (except for their fur which I do not care for one bit.)