PDA

View Full Version : my i hate pool complaint list

sofy60
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
the game is hard enough already. These other factors just add to the overall dilemma.

Hot pool halls. ( Clicks billiards likes it at 85 degrees)
show tunes on the juke box.. ( yes some people play them)
people walking by your shot constantly.
people camping out for conversation in your playing area.
people that stand over your object ball and watch.
tables too close together. constantly saying excuse me.
whoops i drank a pot of coffee this morning. Not good for pool .
this is daytime pool problems. Im sure nite time karaoke provides even more issues than im aware of.

What kind of sport is this we are playing anyways. I love the game but is all this nonsense neccesary. What other sports require this kind of crap ? How many tangents can you throw in to the mix to make this game even harder. And how bad does all this hurt your game ?

randyg
08-04-2006, 04:00 PM
CLICKS is a bar, not a pool hall!

qstroker2004
08-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I know sometimes you have to vent about things like this, but letting distractions get to you doesn't do you any good. Tiger Woods' father used to yell at him and give him all kinds of hell in the middle of his backswing. Jack Nicklaus used to say a gunshot could go off while he was putting and he wouldn't know it. Maybe you could use the distractions as a way to improve your concentration.

The only one I'll give you some "slack" on is the hot pool hall. That's the only one in your list that is more than just a mental distraction (well the coffee, too) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the other hand, if you are just there to have some fun and not worry about your game so much, then ignore everything I said.

dwhite

Dagwood
08-06-2006, 01:47 AM
Hot pool halls...lol...

I actually found a decent pool table out here in the Morale center. 9', decently level, and covered in 860 simonis. Now they just have to get the AC working better so it's not 95 degrees in the building/huge tent that it's in.

Seriously though, I can deffinitely commiserate with you on this one. While I was in GA, it would get so hot and sticky, I couldn't play. (of course it didn't help that the staff would keep the doors open to the humidity...I guess the AC was just too cold for them.) heat I can deal with, but it's when it's combined with humidity that problems arise...

Dags

sofy60
08-06-2006, 07:30 PM
just a follow up ..
Im in FLorida and the humidity is unreal

Clicks does sell beer and liquor and they do have a bar like every other POOL HALL does. However they do have 24 tables and 90 percent of the footage is billiards. Its a pool hall

I played in a tournament two weeks ago and during the tournament they did raffles for door prizes.. A lady screaming numbers at the top of her lungs not 10 feet from my table. It was the worst thing ive seen in a tournament to date. Random number hollering thru my entire set.

and i agree its something a good player needs to be able to handle. Im wondering why tigers dad is screaming at me while im playing. Just doesnt seem right