PDA

View Full Version : The Miz, The Mouth, Balukas, and Crimi

9 Ball Girl
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Someone posted this video on AZB (you'll have to fast forward it a bit):

Charlie Rose (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7723968570429466320&q=Steve+Mizerak)

Billy
08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Someone posted this video on AZB (you'll have to fast forward it a bit):

Charlie Rose (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7723968570429466320&amp;q=Steve+Mizerak) <hr /></blockquote>

that was nice, thanks for passing it on

jjinfla
08-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Nice film. How come the Baltimore Bullet is never on TV?

Jake

BillPorter
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I enjoyed watching that....Thanks! Hey Fran, you're looking pretty hot!

dg-in-centralpa
08-05-2006, 08:29 AM
I thought that movie sucked. This video of Fran, Jean, Miz, and Sigel is pretty good.

DG

Vagabond
08-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi 9 ball girl,
Thanks a million for that video.I immensely enjoyed it and I e-mailed it to my friend in Australia.That will be spread in Australia

Deeman3
08-05-2006, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BillPorter:</font><hr> I enjoyed watching that....Thanks! Hey Fran, you're looking pretty hot! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Bill,

Fran has always been hot, it's the rest of the world that has cooled off.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

Deeman
Franfan

BillPorter
08-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Maybe if you read the title of the original post and made it all the way through the one sentence of that post, you might have a different view. You had to fast forward to the part with the pool players.

dg-in-centralpa
08-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Bill,
I was talking about the movie "Baltimore Bullet" as sucking. The second sentence of my post mentions that I liked the video of Fran,Jean,Miz, and Sigel.

DG

BillPorter
08-05-2006, 05:36 PM
DG, sorry, I misunderstood your post. I have to agree with you on "The Baltimore Bullet." Sigel likes it because he believes it chronicles his life to some extent.

dg-in-centralpa
08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Appology accepted. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

Fran Crimi
08-06-2006, 07:00 AM
LOL! Thanks Bill. I remember that. It was a big deal being on the Charlie Rose Show back then. I was a bit nervous but the Miz was great. It was like he was born in front of the cameras. I sure do miss him.

Fran

BillPorter
08-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I doubt I could have made a shot with ball-in-hand when the camera light came on. It would be nice to see more pros on TV in a format like that.

Fran Crimi
08-06-2006, 05:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BillPorter:</font><hr> Yeah, I doubt I could have made a shot with ball-in-hand when the camera light came on. It would be nice to see more pros on TV in a format like that. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, actually, Bill, I was missing because I was scattered. I was being asked questions, I was looking at Charlie Rose, and trying to answer while shooting, and the director was motioning me to face a certain direction at the same time. I remember feeling a little jealous of Jean, who just picked up a cue and shot some shots, without having to talk and without anyone directing her to look in a particular direction. I remember thinking, Geez...Why couldn't that happen to me?? I guess it's because I was the designated "Instructor" of the group so I was supposed to "Instruct."

Fran

slow_roller
08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I bet it was really frustrating to have all that distraction, especially when you know pool gets so little exposure outside ESPN (and not much there). I find Rose a frustrating interviewer--always interrupting people, but it was great to see these folks on tv, talking entertainingly about the game. Could have used about 50 percent less of Mr. Siegel, and more of Fran and Jean. Miz was great. It was great to finally see a few seconds of Jean Balukas shooting--I've read about her so often.

SPetty
08-07-2006, 10:40 AM
That's cool! Keep 'em coming if you can for those of us that don't visit AZB as often as we'd like...

Here's another old pool clip that someone sent me a few weeks ago... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.richsamuels.com/nbcmm/dick_kay/johnston_city_pool.html

At the bottom of the article, it says "Click here to view Dick Kay's Johnston City pool hustlers piece." It's fun.