PDA

View Full Version : Rice

Drop1
08-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Bush should dump Rice. The lady wants her fifteen minutes,but we got no time left for her incompetent negotiating. I know that bumbling moron gave her the job,and would give his left nut to dump her,but he knows Jesse Jackson,and Al Sharpton would be on him like stink on s!#t. Stay the course Sir by all means,and at all costs,including the Country.

nAz
08-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Dude i guess your right.. well sort of. it's not her fault she does not set policy, basically she is a yes person following orders. ehh she'll probably win some Nobel prize when she leave public life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chopstick
08-05-2006, 05:38 AM
In this case, it's not all her fault. It was useless to send her over there in the first place. The parties she is negotiating with don't even recognize a womans right to speak in public. They aren't going to listen to her. They should have sent Colin Powell.

Fran Crimi
08-05-2006, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> In this case, it's not all her fault. It was useless to send her over there in the first place. The parties she is negotiating with don't even recognize a womans right to speak in public. They aren't going to listen to her. They should have sent Colin Powell. <hr /></blockquote>

With all due respect, that's a bunch of baloney. What about Golda Meir for cripes sakes? You don't think she dealt with the Arabs? Israel had no trouble appointing her Prime Minister. Don't you think they factored-in the possibility of negotiating with the other Arab countries in the region?

Rice did what she had to do. She made an 'attempt' which is all anyone in her position CAN do. Any failure in that attempt had nothing to do with her being a woman. NOTHING. Not at that level.

I happen to think Rice is a brilliant person and a very competent Secretary of State. Nobody comes into a job like that fully qualified. She's a quick study and she doesn't let her ego get in the way.

Fran

Gayle in MD
08-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Seems to me that Madeline Albright was able to talk to them. Could it be, that Bush's policies, have not laid the groundwork for negotiations, diplomacy, or for friendly relations with foriegn countries? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
08-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Rice was the one who got Israel to pull out of Gaza, not Albright. Not even Clinton himself could convince Israel to do that. All those 'peace' meetings he held at Camp David did nothing. Rice was the most successful in that dept.

Fran

Gayle in MD
08-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Fran,
I don't agree with your estimation of Rice's success, vs Madeline Albright, or your statement that the peace talks during Clinton's time accomplished nothing, however, I think it's safe to say that so far, the Bush/Rice attempts at foriegn affairs, have been a complete disaster. The state of the Middle East, and particularly with respect to Iraq, and the possibility of a Shiite arch, assembling accross the region, which presently threatens the entire region, is a real commentary to what happens when people with no working experience in foreign affairs, Bush and Rice, are in charge.

This past sunday, Rice was pressed to answer many questions regarding their failed policies in the Middle East. Her answers left a great deal to be desired, to say the least. For example, she never really gave an answere when pressed about why there hasn't been more dialogue going on, on a regular basis, between our country, and Syria, Lebanon, and Iran.

Bush policy has been pretty much no communication between the United States, and what he has labeled as terrorist countries, with a bombs only answer. That, obviously, isn't working. Brilliant though she may be, Rice, thus far, hasn't built up a very impressive record of successful negotiations, IMO. Her lies, before our representatives, and the world, in the build up to the war, and her refusal to heed the warnings from Richard Clarke about the impending alQaeda attack, will be quite a lot for her to overcome in any historical summary of her performance, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Vanity Fair magazine voted her best dressed,and she does say "well, the diplomacy is moving ahead",quite well. I think thats all GWB wants from her.

Gayle in MD
08-08-2006, 10:11 AM
She spends all that money on clothes, but doesn't do a thing about those teeth..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And Condi, I knew Lauren Hutton, she was a friend of mine, and Secretary, You're no Lauren Hutton! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Why you trash-talking our head "Guest-worker"?

Gayle in MD
08-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Did you see her sunday on Meet The Press? She's so full of it, she's a joke. She's only there because she is a pro at dodging questions and lying for Bush and Rummy. I look for a Congressional demand for Rumsfeld's removal before this is over.

bin Laden wanted his followers to believe that America was an evil country, who would occupy their holy land, and destroy their Muslim doctrine. He wanted a playbook for recruitment, and Bush gave it to him. Dumb dumb dumb!!!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
It is obviouly her race. Maybe she does not have the base intellegence to do this job. Perhaps Notre Dame gave her a pass because of her color, do you think? Surely a woman like her could not have kept up with all the "real" Domers on all those subjects.

Maybe Bush knew what he was doing when he brought her into the big house. Isn't that what they said about Powell when he was appointed?

You guys are not real confortable with a strong black woman at the front of a tough international situation are you? I remember some Aunt Jemima cartoons floating around on the left. You gonna pull those out again?

She's doing the best anyone can in a very tough situation and I think we are lucky to have her. There are simply not a lot of options unless you are a liberal.

Deeman

Gayle in MD
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I respect your opinion. I, OTOH, think she's doing a lousy job, tells extraordinary lies, and, as Bush's National Security Advisor, and later, as Secretary Of State, she has played a huge role in the greatest failure in American Foreign Policy, in our history. My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with her race, or gender, but rather her performance.

BTW, I don't post racially offensive cartoons, but I did think the one where Condi was a parrot, was pretty funny, only because it hit the mark as to what her job really is about, being a yes woman to George Bush's unrealistic notions about foreign policy. Iraq, is in shambles, the Middle East teeters on a regional war, and she still refuses to address the conditions on the ground with any honest answers, or give us an intelligent solution for getting out of the mess she helped to get us into, yet, some wish to sing her praises? Incredible!

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
08-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Come on now,she is not a strong Black woman. Her being Black,and a woman is not my problem with Rice. My problem is she is a bull shi!!er,and thinks the American public are stupid,a sentiment she shares with her boss. We should be way past the race/woman card. Is she at the U.N. now,where the most intense negotiations are going on? Hell no,and I don't have to wonder why.

TennesseeJoe
08-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Nothing is going to change for the better until the next election. If Colin Powell would have decided to run for President---he would have won and:
1. American service people would not be dying for an undefined goal.
2. Restructuring an outdated American education system would be a priority.
3. Jobs would have been created to give individuals a sense of pride in themselves.

onepocketfanatic
08-19-2006, 06:12 AM
I don't think it would matter who was in her position after the mess we have created in the middle east....no one believes or respects what anyone from the US says after all of the BS that has been spread by this administration. No, we did not create the Jewish/Arab conflict recently, but our policies, spin (lies), and things of this sort make us look like a bunch of idiots. The American people may be stupid enough to believe all of the spin coming from Washington, but don't think for a second that the rest of the world will buy this crap. Our reason for invading Iraq has changed so many times that I can't even keep track of them all.
Speaking of Powell, he was the smartest one....he got out gracefully after the administration gave him the shaft by feeding him the same BS about WMD and the like before he went in front of the UN. I still think they lied to him, and he quit them for it. He didn't seem to be a "yes" man like so many of the others that are up there with GW.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Wow, you hit the nail on the nose. Exactly what I thought about Powell, also. Always thought he was the only one in Bush's Top Level Insiders with any integrity. He has as much as confirmed your take, that they lied to him, "Exaggerated the Intel on WMD's" and refers to his appearance at the United Nations as a black mark on his career.

I really believe that once Bush is out of Office, Powell may well write the most explosive and critical book on the Bush Administration to ever be written. I think he loves this country enough that he would write it as a warning, in the interest of protecting America from another mess like the one Bush has made for us.

Rice, OTOH, played a huge role in the lying the went on. Richard Clarke's book, and others, very clear regarding her failure to act on the impending threat of 9/11, and her collusion in the all the lies, which she continues to tell to this day, in order to cover and protect Bush from his responsibility and deciet.

Gayle in Md.