PDA

View Full Version : First timer

cheesemouse
07-13-2002, 06:10 AM
Later this summer I am going to attempt to recover my 9 foot Brunswick with 860. How much time would you set a side for this job? Does anybody know how to do the side pockets where no fold is used in the cloth??

Chris Cass
07-13-2002, 06:22 AM
Hi Cheese,

If you plan on taking this huge job on by yourself. I myself would have someone do the rails. I also believe the folds are in the side pockets just not in the corner pockets. I also would get someone to help stretch the cloth. It's a alot of work for someone that doesn't know the ins and outs. These pool table guys are quick and know what to do. It is costly but you can always call if there's a problem. You can't call yourself only kick. hahahah Good luck my friend.

JAT,

C.C.

Q-guy
07-13-2002, 09:02 AM
I am no table mechanic, but I have covered hundreds of tables. It is not hard to do, but if you have never done it, you would have to be lucky to do a good job on the first try. I have written instructions for covering tables that are supplied by Brunswick I would be happy to scan and email you. I had a little problem myself covering my own table with 860 because the cloth was a little thinner. It wanted to slip out from under the wood strips that holds it to the rails. The fit was not tight enough. I covered the strips with masking tape and that solved the problem. Let me know if you want the instructions. The most important part is the stretching pattern for the bed so you get it tight and pulled into the pockets without any wrinkles. The rails are actually easy to do once you know the system.

Scott Lee
07-13-2002, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr>I also believe the folds are in the side pockets just not in the corner pockets.
C.C. <hr></blockquote>

Chris...NO folds in the side pockets. The cloth is cut in small V's and stretched (and then stapled). The only fold near the side pocket, will the fold on the end of the cushion.

Scott ~ no mechanic, but I know THAT much! LOL

cheesemouse
07-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Q-guy,
I sent you a PM about your instructions. Thanks for the offer.

Chris Cass
07-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Are you stalking me? LMAO

C.C.~~is there anything I can stump Scott with?

07-13-2002, 07:28 PM
When you buy the Simonis ask the sales person for a copy of the installation instructions. Step by step diagrams of how to stretch the cloth, cover rails etc.are shown.
You will need a good staple gun, staple puller in addition to other basic tools. If simonis is not already on your table,
youll also need masking tape to build up the feather strips holding the rail cloth in position or else get new ones.
Be Sure B4 U Cut!!
but its just me

Voodoo Daddy
07-14-2002, 12:16 AM
A bloody stump?...opps, thats from a previous lifestyle...LMFAO!!!

Voodoo...{aka} Don Corleone...hahahahaha

CarolNYC
07-14-2002, 04:05 AM
Scott,
That is exactly how my table was done! No folds,V's!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-14-2002, 04:07 AM
Cheesemouse,
I'd say set aside 4 hours.Good luck!
Carol~approximates time from watching,never put a cloth on!

cheesemouse
07-14-2002, 06:07 AM
CarolNYC,
Having come to know you as the New York City Dynamo and having a sister that has lived in a high rise condo in the loop of Chicago for the last 30 years I will take your time frame and multiply it by four for myself......LOL LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif You probably get more things done by noon on Monday morning than I would get done by late Friday afternoon. My image of you is a whirlwind that leaves everything and everyone in your path bug eyed. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Now I mean this in the most respectful and appreciative tone and I hope you take it that way. You remind me of my sister who I invite to come visit me here on the Great Plains every spring knowing that the spring cleaning will get done in good order. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif If you were here to help me I'll bet we would finish the job in less than four hours and have it done right the first time...LOL

Chris Cass
07-14-2002, 06:18 AM
Scott,

You know, after reading what you said I got to thinking. I was talking about the rail folds not the bed of the cloth. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~you should know a lot with some of the tables you have to preform on. university tables. hahaha

CarolNYC
07-14-2002, 06:47 AM
Hey there cheesemouse,
You have definitely made me smile and Im sure your sister is VERY PROUD to have a brother like you-I would be!:)And your timing is correct,everything is done from 5am-10am,ha haha-I have to get as much practice time on my table as I can-so the afternoons are mine!I dont know about a whirlwind,ha ha ha,but CC has called me a "Hemi!" ha haha-I wish you the best of luck on reclothing your table and God, I really hope one day to meet you!You take care!:)
Carol~would be honored to have cheesemouse as a brother and
can just picture him on the Great Plains!

cheesemouse
07-14-2002, 09:00 AM
CarolNYC,
This is me with you as a helper:
http://images.allposters.com/images/81/048_PFD652.jpg