PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, You All

Pi314
08-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I found this site about 3 months ago, went to the end of all posts and read up from there. Me thinks there are a lot
of nice people here!!!

I'm from Clovis, NM. Been playing with the little round
balls for about 40 years. Love the game. Always will.

The last pool hall in town was closed about seven years ago. Now all we have is bar tables.

In high school I ran Bill's Pool Hall for a couple of years. Used to play a lot of snooker, and golf. Sure do miss
that.

AW> Nice meeting ya'll!!!

bsmutz
08-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Welcome. It's a little slow around here right now, but at least you can keep up with things. Sounds like pool has fallen on hard times around Clovis...

Deeman3
08-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a place at Angel Fire. Not much pool up in the mountains but I don't get back there but once every couple of years. Glad to have you with us.

Deeman

randyg
08-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I thought John Armstrong had opened a new Pool Hall in Clovis. Must be mistaken.....SPF+randyg

Rich R.
08-07-2006, 05:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pi314:</font><hr> Me thinks there are a lot of nice people here!!! <hr /></blockquote>
Damn, we fooled another one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to our group of crazies.

Pi314
08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the Welcome... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DickLeonard
08-12-2006, 05:54 PM
PI314 Welcome to the CCB. Is there no colleges in your area. Troy NY at one time had 9 poolrooms now RPI is the only poolroom. I guess we need Hustler #2 to lite the fire again.####

Scott Lee
08-13-2006, 01:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> I guess we need Hustler #2 to lite the fire again.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Dick...did you know that COM was marketed in Japan as "The Hustler 2"? I've seen hundreds of those Japanese posters, and they all say 'Hustler 2'! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifLOL

Scott Lee

DickLeonard
08-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Scott I never heard that about COM. I had read later that Paul Newman was given the Oscar for that movie because the Industry realized that they had overlooked his role The Hustler. ####

Pi314
08-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Dick, we have a community college here but no tables /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seems like all public places here are coin/op tables.
Maybe one of these days.