PDA

View Full Version : Peace talks

Drop1
08-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Diplomacy has never worked in the Mid East,and it will not work now. Who is going to guarantee the Peace,the United States,the United Nations? We had intelligence units in south Lebanon,there were U.N. observers there,and the Hezbollah managed to stock pile fifty thousand missles,and know one knew about it. The reason Israel pulled out,was twenty five thousand three hundred attacks by the Hezbollah,and was the desire of Sharon,... not to diplomacy on the part of the U.S. Anyone think Iraq is a diplomatic sucess? Golda Meir was a giant on the Mid East scene. She became Prime Minister at the age of seventy one,and was suffering from lymphatic cancer. At a meeting with Nixon,Nixon told her he would trade three Generals for one of the Generals in Israel. Meir said,"I will take General Motors,General Electric,and General Dynamics". She lived in Lebanon with her husband,before moving on to Israel. Too bad she is not alive today,and President of the United States.

Deeman3
08-08-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Diplomacy has never worked in the Mid East,and it will not work now. Who is going to guarantee the Peace,the United States,the United Nations? <font color="blue"> No, both are near impotent. Israel will have to guarantee their own security by pounding the terrorists back a couple of centuries. It is not the best outcome but better than letting the UN or anyone else screw it up. </font color> We had <font color="blue"> I don't think we had intellegence there but Israel did (Mosad). </font color> intelligence units in south Lebanon,there were U.N. observers there, <font color="blue"> UN didn't even notice Hezbollah was there! </font color> and the Hezbollah managed to stock pile fifty thousand missles,and know one knew about it. The reason Israel pulled out,was twenty five thousand three hundred attacks by the Hezbollah,and was the desire of Sharon,. <font color="blue">What? </font color> .. not to diplomacy on the part of the U.S. Anyone think Iraq is a diplomatic sucess? Golda Meir was a giant on the Mid East scene. She became Prime Minister at the age of seventy one,and was suffering from lymphatic cancer. At a meeting with Nixon,Nixon told her he would trade three Generals for one of the Generals in Israel. Meir said,"I will take General Motors,General Electric,and General Dynamics". She lived in Lebanon with her husband,before moving on to Israel. Too bad she is not alive today,and President of the United States. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> The reason she was successful had nothing to do with diplomacy, she was a tough old bird who did not let anyone push Israel around. You are right, she would have made a great U.S. President but would have really upset the left if you think GWB is a warmonger.</font color>

Deeman

Drop1
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
GWB had a choice,and chose to con the U.S. into Iraq. We will never know,but I don't think Meir did more than respond to attacks. She was tough,and pragmatic,with a complete wit,twice that of GWB.