PDA

View Full Version : another criminal behind bars.......

Qtec
08-08-2006, 06:16 AM
.do you feel safer.!
video (http://www.theync.com/r080806granny.shtml)

Q.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Q, that was an example of not applying common sense to a situation. Why they insist on the jail time is beyond comprehension. She was clearly terrified by the situation.
I watched a "true crime" show the other nite...these two guys spent 12 years in jail for murder, before "Project Innocence" proved them not quilty, by DNA analysis. The prosecuter opposed the DNA testing, then opposed freeing them, claiming that there still was hair samples proving they were there. Retesting them, proved they weren't, and all the DNA and hair samples proved the prosecuter's main, and only witness, actually committed the murder.
Further investigation proved they also witheld exonerating evidence. While one guy is free....and free to sue....the other guy's health deteriorated behind bars, and he died shortly after his release.
Well, 183 people have been freed so far by Barry C. Scheck's Project....not quite sure if that makes up for getting O.J. off. And in O. J.'s case, it was attacking the CNA evidence that was a major part of their strategy.
And re a common sense approach...the young Hispanic serving life without parole...his third offense, was taking the written part of the driver's exam for his cousin...he had two previous burgarly charges, the last one 12 years prior to this third arch-criminal act.
It ain't like he was taking the written 747 test, so his terrorist cousin could get his pilot's license

Drop1
08-08-2006, 09:46 AM
That poor woman,what a stupid lack of understanding there is a spirit of the Law,that allows for Mercy. Now in my own case,I always got what I deserved,and walked on every DUI. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman3
08-08-2006, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...his third offense, was taking the written part of the driver's exam for his cousin...he had two previous burgarly charges, the last one 12 years prior to this third arch-criminal act.
It ain't like he was taking the written 747 test, so his terrorist cousin could get his pilot's license
<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Would it make any difference if this person who avoided the driver's test ran into and killed a child of yours?

Deeman </font color>

wolfdancer
08-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Absolutely...his cousin's problem though was he had poor comprension of the written english language.....and there was a driving skills test, I believe, as part of the exam. Maybe he was also going to take that for his cousin???
I read all the time about drunk drivers, repeat offenders, killing people and getting light sentences......do you think this offense merited a life without parole sentence?
I never claimed the guy wasn't doing something seriously wrong.....but after living in California, hearing about so many undocumented, unlicensed, uninsured drivers, and getting hit by one....a minor accident caused by him running
a stop sign from a side street.....
We wouldn't have even noticed one more poor driver.
He had a license, by the way, the cousin is still out there, and probably driving by now.....
AND....I guess you also go along with pointing a gun at that poor woman, then jailing her for her uncooperation?

Deeman3
08-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Naw, Wolf. I was just having at you on this one. I don't think the young Hispanic should be in jail for the rest of his life. I don't even feel the old woman should have been treated badly. I was just getting bored again. Hey, you only have to breath deeply down here to get a driver's liscense....

Deeman