PDA

View Full Version : Count your blessings

wolfdancer
08-08-2006, 12:11 PM
...that you're not included in this count:
web page (http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/counter.php)

and if you are very rich, with the new tax cuts, this count does not affect you either:
web page (http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=182)
And a future Republican leader speaks out:

"Like many fellow Techsans, I was shocked to find the death toll of the war in Iraq on the cover of the Oct. 31 copy of The Daily Toreador.

The editorial on Page 4 that reflected the opinion of The DT editorial board did little to console me. It is absurd to claim that the death total is a necessary tool to be published daily.

The DT claims that this number is not being printed for any political reasons, and it is simply in place to help readers, "interpret the painful growth of the number every day;" however, there is no way something of this magnitude could be printed without bias. A similar count has existed at Michael Moore's Web site since the beginning of the war, and it is unlikely that Moore publishes these numbers to unbiasedly report what is going on Iraq.

I am sure I am not the only student at the university that would like to see this feature of our university's newspaper removed immediately.

If The DT does continue to print this information, perhaps it could be supplemented with more positive information from Iraq.

I'm sure the readers would be interested in interpreting the impressive growth of Iraqis who have voted in free democratic elections, additional rights Iraqis are being granted under their new constitution or how many terror cells have been eliminated as a result of the United States' presence in Iraq.

It hurts me every time I hear of another American being killed in Iraq, and I do feel we have a right to know how many young men and women are dying in Iraq.

However, The DT is simply not reporting this war in an unbiased manner.

Please remove this counter from the newspaper and respect opinions on both sides of the political spectrum.

Gerald Aucoin

Junior accounting major from Lubbock"

web page (http://media.www.dailytoreador.com/media/storage/paper870/news/2005/11/01/LettersToTheEditor/War-Casualty.Counter.Should.Be.Removed.From.Front.Page-1281934.shtml?sourcedomain=www.dailytoreador.com&M IIHost=media.collegepublisher.com)

Is Lubbock in one a them red states?

nAz
08-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I think they should draft him and send him off to war... then stop printing the death toll numbers.

wolfdancer
08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
I could give him the numbers on the list he is asking for....
and I don't need no stinken counter......0
Draft him???? no way, he might be a history major, and you know how serious the shortage is...we lost one already to the White House.

nAz
08-08-2006, 01:48 PM
hmm true, think she'll write a book? although we can all see her brilliant work in the middle east...maybe she can write another book about Russia since she knows so much about it.

need a title!

wolfdancer
08-08-2006, 04:19 PM
well that makes two then...i was thinking about Mr. Bush