PDA

View Full Version : SOS

nAz
08-08-2006, 01:54 PM
What is SOS?

Students for an Orwellian Society (SOS) is a nationwide student group. Although SOS has always been a nationwide student group, there is evidence to suggest that it first appeared at Columbia University. The mission of SOS is to promote the vision of a society based upon the principles of Ingsoc, first articulated by George Orwell in his prophetic novel, 1984.

Drop1
08-08-2006, 05:59 PM
I think its chipped beef on toast..

nAz
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I think its chipped beef on toast.. <hr /></blockquote>

I never tried that, is it any good?

Drop1
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
The more often the better the flavor. It kind of looks like pig puke,but you have to try it for months to know why people join the Navy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
i'll stick to spam

http://www.spam.com/assets/hp/GoodGone3_animation.gif

wolfdancer
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
After the first two years in the Navy, I developed a certain fondness for the much maligned SOS. It's an acquired taste I believe, like Scotch Whiskey...which tastes like iodine to the uneducated palate. the experienced drinker can soon distinguish between a single malt and a blend, a 6 yr aged Scotch , and a 12 yr aged, just as the old salt can tell which is the fresh SOS,right out of the can, and which is the 6 day old stuff, which will lead you into the can, shortly.

Drop1
08-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Let us not forget Thunder Bird,Silver Satin,and Wildroot hair cream strained through french bread. All acquired tastes,for the palate of the person with no taste buds.