PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Tournament Software

cycopath
08-08-2006, 02:20 PM
I have a friend that's started running a small bar tourny on Friday nights. He wants to use his laptop to run the tourny and eventually use an overhead projector just to jazz up the thing a little and excite the locals.

This is double elim and never has more than 32 players.

Does anyone have something I can download from them?

Thanks.

nAz
11-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Same here... does anyone have/know of a good one?

Rich R. do you still have a copy Dave Syrja's software?
I had a copy of it a couple of years ago but after a computer accident i lost it.
looks like its not anywhere on the net, too bad because it was pretty sweet and easy to use.

Rich R.
11-04-2006, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Same here... does anyone have/know of a good one?

Rich R. do you still have a copy Dave Syrja's software?
I had a copy of it a couple of years ago but after a computer accident i lost it.
looks like its not anywhere on the net, too bad because it was pretty sweet and easy to use. <hr /></blockquote>
The software Dave produced for the CCB tournament was far from a normal double elimination tournament.
It is a long story, but I no longer have Dave's program either.

If all that is needed are charts, you can get them at:
http://www.playpool.com/downloads/

At the Va. State 9-Ball Championship, a friend of JMD's had software for a double elimination tournament that was absolutely fantastic. It did almost everything for you. He also projected the entire chart on a screen for everyone to see. He said he just found it on the web, so you may be able to find it via Google.
If not, contact JMD in Va. and he may be able to provide the web site.

nAz
11-04-2006, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>

It is a long story, but I no longer have Dave's program either.
<hr /></blockquote>

ah that suxs, too bad I hate to see Dave's work just disappear like that it should be shared with the world.

anyway thanks i'll contact JMD and ask him for the name of his friends software. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif