PDA

View Full Version : New york underground

nAz
08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
check it out...

New Yorkers go about unaware of what is happening just beneath their feet: Power pulses, information flies, and steam flows. The city’s infrastructure starts just below street level, but it doesn’t stop there.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/nyunderground/docs/nymain.html

wolfdancer
08-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Pretty interesting....where are the right-wingers, level 4?

nAz
08-09-2006, 12:29 PM
err level 2, the lower level of two that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chopstick
08-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah and there's giant alligators and radioactive cannabilistic humanoinds down there too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-09-2006, 03:01 PM
nAz, maybe 20 some years ago, I read this serious story about how the native rats were doing battle with the larger european, brown rats, that manged to swim ashore from the merchant ships.....I guess the winner got control of the NYC sewers....the sweet smell of success.
At the time NYC had a serious rat problem...hope they have done something to lessen that. Got to be tough to be a NYC sewer worker...I think just from rat urine, you can get some nasty infections.
I'm kind of negotiating with an upstate NY sewer worker right now, for a home for my sister. It was a great price to begin with, and he's now come down another $10k.
My sister though is afraid to make a committment....them NY property taxes is a killer.
Well, I'll keep negotiating...and when I get the sewer guy down to my level.....no pun intended.

TomBrooklyn
08-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I've got Muskrats living in my neighborhood, mainly down by the cemetary and train yards. There might be a possum or two around also, but I haven't seen one of them in a long time.

DickLeonard
08-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Wolfdancer they just shipped their rats to Washington DC.####