PDA

View Full Version : More commentary problems on tv...bad timing!

Scott Lee
07-13-2002, 11:17 AM
There was a long post about the sad state of tv commentating
in pool. In game three, between Alison and Karen, with the score tied 1-1, Alison made a crucial position error on the 6 ball, getting tough on the 7. Mitch Lawrence had launched into a dialogue with Loree Jon in the booth, about how wonderful it was to have her inducted into the Hall of Fame...basically he was getting his two cents in for the sake of tv! When Alison not only MISSED the 7, but then scratched...all this while Mitch continued to run his mouth,
not allowing Ewa to comment on the match, like she was supposed to, and ready to do! Geez Mitch...get a clue! There is a time to start a speech about Loree Jon, but it is definitely NOT when Alison is down on a tough shot, and then misses, and scratches!

Scott Lee

Karatemom
07-13-2002, 11:51 AM
That's bad, but what's even worse is trying to listen to Mitch Laurence, Ewa Mataya-Laurance, and Chris commentating all on the same shot. He's worse than Mitch anyday!! LMAO

Heide

Scott Lee
07-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Heide...LOLOL! Yes, but at least Chris KNOWS what should be done, whereas Mitch has NO CLUE! I betcha Chris wasn't talking when Alison missed that shot and scratched! I would just turn off the volume, and let hubby commentate! LOL

Scott

Troy
07-13-2002, 12:14 PM
IMHO There is NOBODY more annoying to me than Incardona..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

PQQLK9
07-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Why are the players miked...the only thing I've heard them say is "extension" and thats to the ref who is in ear shot?

Karatemom
07-13-2002, 12:25 PM
No point, he yells so loud and throws his hands in the air, I don't have to turn the volume down. LOL

Heide~throw an earpiece and microphone on him and he's ready to go

PQQLK9
07-13-2002, 12:52 PM
Looks Like Tony Robles answered my question when he said "thanks everybody".

Cueless Joey
07-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Mitch should be a baseball announcer where there's plenty of downtime. I don't think he realizes that Allison missing is a Kodak moment.

Chris Cass
07-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Hi Scott,

What bothered me was the shot of the night thing. The shot they picked wasn't the shot at all. It was the one ball and hit into the corner pocket by Allison to make the comeback. She hit that puppy strong and had the juice to come back for the 2 ball and out. I was yelling at the tv.....

As far as Loree goes, can't say anything. Shes my favorite. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.~~ut oh

Kato
07-14-2002, 01:36 AM
Chris. I absolutely agree with you. Allison sure came with that one. What a stroke.

Kato~~~time to get my drunk butt to bed.