PDA

View Full Version : Chalk-Off

homepc
08-14-2006, 06:47 AM
Does anyone use Chalk-Off to clean their table? How can this possibly remove the chalk from under the cloth like a vacuum does. I did get a can of it and tried it. It does make the cloth look nice, but is it really removing the chalk from underneith?

thanks
ray

SPetty
08-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I would not use Chalk Off simply due to the fact that I believe it was ripped off from Quick Clean in a "non-sportsmanlike" way.

I would use Quick Clean. But I have not used Quick Clean, so I can't comment on your questions. Logic seems to dictate, though, that if you have a vacuum handy, you'd use it before using the Quick Clean.

Stretch
08-14-2006, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I would not use Chalk Off simply due to the fact that I believe it was ripped off from Quick Clean in a "non-sportsmanlike" way.

I would use Quick Clean. But I have not used Quick Clean, so I can't comment on your questions. Logic seems to dictate, though, that if you have a vacuum handy, you'd use it before using the Quick Clean. <hr /></blockquote>

Agreed, i was thinking that this product may be good as a cloth conditioner? But as a chalk "remover" hmmmmm a little salesmanship there. like u say my sense tells me that adding something, in order to take something off, is a bit iffy. Wut happens to all the spray residue and where does all the disolved chalk go (if that's wut it does) evaporate? I don't think so. Vaccuum occationaly anyway. St.

DickLeonard
08-15-2006, 05:15 AM
SPetty It would be better to use Duck Tape to remove the chalk. Duck Tape is good for everything even packaging.####

duck Tape

catscradle
08-16-2006, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote homepc:</font><hr> Does anyone use Chalk-Off to clean their table? How can this possibly remove the chalk from under the cloth like a vacuum does. I did get a can of it and tried it. It does make the cloth look nice, but is it really removing the chalk from underneith?

thanks
ray <hr /></blockquote>
FWIW, I think the marketing for Quick Clean (from which Chalk Off stole) stated that the foam floats the surface chalk which then removed when the table is wiped dry. Of course if you've allowed chalk to build up under the cloth for a time it isn't going to remove that, but neither is vacumning.