PDA

View Full Version : Straight pool & 9-ball instructors?

Gizmo
08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi,
I'm new to the board and I was told to ask here to see who knows any good game instructors in New York or Florida for 9-ball and 14.1. Doesn't matter where exactly, I'm just travelling there anyway.
Any help would be appreciated!

With regards
Gizmo

nAz
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
There are a few in NYC, the most notables ones are probably are own Fran Crimi and all around good sport Tony Robles.

Gizmo best thing you can do is take a lesson whether your serious at the game or just like to hit em around, it will make the game more pleasurable for you.

Good luck

caedos
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Is Ray Martin taking students for straight pool? With so many pros based on the east coast, Florida especially, there should be someone to game train readily available if you just do some asking around once you're in town.

Anyone else?

Carl

Eric.
08-15-2006, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> There are a few in NYC, the most notables ones are probably are own Fran Crimi and all around good sport Tony Robles.
<hr /></blockquote>

By reputation, those two are great choices.

Eric

Gizmo
08-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I'd say there have to more out there.. Especially in New York and Miami, right?

Where do I find Tony Robles? And how do I find some more instructors?

Eric.
08-16-2006, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gizmo:</font><hr> I'd say there have to more out there.. Especially in New York and Miami, right?

Where do I find Tony Robles? And how do I find some more instructors? <hr /></blockquote>

In NYC, these are two that would be considered top shelf instructors. I was assuming that you wanted good instructors.

Anywho, I believe both can be reached thru Amsterdam Billiards, just leave a message there

or

PM Fran Crimi on CCB

or

PM 9ballgirl on CCB to get in touch with Tony.

Eric &gt;it's not that tough /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
08-16-2006, 09:55 AM
For instruction in Miami, you may want to send a PM to Voodoo Daddy.

Stretch
08-16-2006, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> For instruction in Miami, you may want to send a PM to Voodoo Daddy. <hr /></blockquote>

The BCA has a website i believe where you can find a directory of BCA Certified instructors. Just search thier files for the area you intend on being in and it will tell you who's available, with contact information. Failing that, any Pool Hall in the phone book for where your going usually knows the local "teachers". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Before getting instruction it's always a good idea to take an honest inventory of your strengths and weakneses. Go into it haveing specific objectives of what you need help with. What are your short term and long turm goals? Know the questions you want to ask, and have an open mind.

Just like all players are nor created equal, all instructors are not created equal. Shop around and talk to a few before commiting to leasons. Pick the one that you have the most rapore' with or your sufficiently impressed that said knowledge is more readly obsorbed. St. &lt; One of Frans students &gt;