PDA

View Full Version : Truth, or fiction?

wolfdancer
08-14-2006, 06:32 PM
web page (http://www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp)
And let's skip the "don't make an Aish of yourselves" comments

Qtec
08-15-2006, 06:53 AM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060805BeirutPhotoshop04.jpg
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060806BeirutPhotoshop09.jpg
The bottom pic is suppossed to be the original. Is there really so much difference between them?

Q

eg8r
08-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Well the smoke on the left side looks drastically different with a good deal of "smoke" added to the picture.

Are you saying photo manipulation is OK as long as it will make Israel look bad?

eg8r

Fran Crimi
08-15-2006, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there really so much difference between them?
<hr /></blockquote>

First of all, yes, the altered photo makes it look like there are two sources of smoke rather than one.

Second, this was one of MANY altered photos, as you know. How come you didn't pick one to post with a child's toy inserted into the rubble?

These photographers, or whoever altered the photos should really be charged with a crime. They are propagandizing the war to suit their political and personal agendas.

How could you possibly even conceive of tolerating tampering like this????

Are you nuts????

Are you so desperate to defend the left that you've become totally irrational?????

Fran

eg8r
08-15-2006, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran's response to Q:</font><hr> First of all, yes, the altered photo makes it look like there are two sources of smoke rather than one.

Second, this was one of MANY altered photos, as you know. How come you didn't pick one to post with a child's toy inserted into the rubble? <font color="blue"> Q's agenda is in line with those manipulating the photos. </font color>

These photographers, or whoever altered the photos should really should be charged with a crime. They are propagandizing the war to suit their political and personal agendas.

How could you possibly even conceive of tolerating tampering like this???? <font color="blue"> Q believes in what they are doing. Anything to make Israel look bad. He is nuts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif</font color>

Are you nuts???? <font color="blue"> I guess I should have waited, yes he is nuts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

Are you so desperate to defend the left that you've become totally irrational????? <font color="blue"> Absolutely. Q's answer to this would be that he thinks we should find out why the reporter decided to "shop" the image, maybe he was repressed and hungry and needed to sell a good pic to feed his family. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There is no need to punish the photoshopper, he was simply trying to make a living. Just like Q does not think Israel should bomb the terrorists, they were simply just returning favors to Israel. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Qtec
08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Lets back the truck up guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060805BeirutPhotoshop03.gif
As you can see, this photo hasn't just had some more smoke added. Why, I don't know. IMO the original has just as much- or as less- impact as the doctored pic, so I don't see the point. Its also such an obvious fake, a 10yr old would have spotted it!
In any conflict, all sides will use whatever they can as propoganda but the news agencies like Reuters shouldn't be helping them. We see staged photos all the time. Like Fran says, there are numerous pics of bombed out buildings with a childs toy in the foreground.
Do I condem it- yes.
Has it got anything to do with the 'Left'? I don't think so.
Q

Fran Crimi
08-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Of course it's about the left. I think the left-footed thinking folk out there are in a bit of a quandry. They are usually pro Israel but now Israel has taken a pro war attitude, thus leading to the left's unusual quietness about the goings-on. Yes, they're much quieter than they normally are. But wait, there are tactics that can be used to make Israel look like the villian without having to relinquish their official support of Israel. Doctoring photographs is one way.

Fran

wolfdancer
08-15-2006, 10:09 PM
It's the left now that is supporting Israel??? Wow, you guys can sure bend the truth to fit your "facts" That post is not only 180 out, it's 540 degrees out, the spin is so bad

Qtec
08-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Beirut.
A real photo, I think!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/Aviewfrommystreet.jpg
web page (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-mccarthy/blogging-from-beirut_b_27318.html)
IMO there is enough destruction in Leb without having to fake it.
I can understand israel doesn't want an armed faction like Hezbollah on their border but is this the right way to adress the problem? ie destroying roads, bridges, power stations, oil storage facilities etc and forcing almost a million civilians to abandon their homes?
All this invasion has done is turned a whole population- the most western minded country in the ME- against them.

Question.[ off topic, sort of]
If its OK to attack a whole country because of what a few extremists do who reside in that country,, why didn't the US attack Saudi Arabia instead of Iraq? The 9/11 bombers were Saudis. They had Saudi passports. The money came from SA. The source for all this islamic anti-west hatred originates from SA.
Why does SA get a free ride in the WOT?
Q ....
In todays rightwing language, the people who took part in the Bay of Pigs [ attempted] invasion of Cuba, were terrorists, trained and armed by the US! According to GW [ and the Israelis], Cuba should have every right to bomb the $hit out of Miami!
For years Americans donated to IRA groups who planted bombs to kill innocent people! Would you call ordinary Americans who think they are doing the right thing sponsers of terrorism?
When does a freedom fighter become a terrorist?
Thats what I want to know.

Deeman3
08-16-2006, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Beirut.
A real photo, I think!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/Aviewfrommystreet.jpg
web page (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tom-mccarthy/blogging-from-beirut_b_27318.html)

<font color="blue"> How do we know it is real? Now, i understand it si. probably....But you see the problems when you start doing things to these photos. No one really knows then....</font color>

DeeMan

Fran Crimi
08-16-2006, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It's the left now that is supporting Israel??? Wow, you guys can sure bend the truth to fit your "facts" That post is not only 180 out, it's 540 degrees out, the spin is so bad
<hr /></blockquote>

Yup. I did have it wrong. Just saw this article today and it changed my mind. I had no idea the left hated Israel so much, but after reading the article, I understand that better. I was always familliar with the hatred thing that the left have going on, I just didn't realize it applied to Israel as well. I guess the photo doctoring is something they would have done anyway, considering their views.

Here's the article: A very interesting read.

web page (http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3371)

Fran

wolfdancer
08-16-2006, 07:09 AM
So the left looked bad at first, because they supported Israel, and now look bad because they hate Israel???
Probably the only Americans that "hate" Israel,are the survivers of the Israeli attack on the U.S.S. Liberty, and the families of the sailors that were killed. I think the best attitude is to both respect, and distrust them.
I thought the left only hated the Bush crowd, and anyone that voted for him the second time around, and still ain't caught on...." you can fool some of the people all of the time"

Fran Crimi
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
No, after reading the article, I think it's the liberals who are in the quandry. It's the left who outright hate the Israelis and what they stand for. I was giving the left-footers more credit than they deserved.

Fran

wolfdancer
08-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Nah, we're behind every nefarious deed that you can think of. Even if a conservative President does something wrong, it then turns out to be he is not conservative enough. On Tv last night, a guy that served Presidents from "Watergate to Whitewater", claimed that Nixon could not be elected today, too liberal.
And I think, while devious, was more interested in power, compared to the the current top right wing leaders who sell their intregrity, for money...he just wouldn't fit in.
Your party of thieves, con men, power brokers, and non-veteran, war mongers are now mostly lame ducks, just serving out their terms, and cutting as many deals as possible to fleece the public, and line their own pockets.....

Qtec
08-16-2006, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When pro-Israel resolutions come before the Congress, due in part to the extraordinary efforts of AIPAC [America Israel Public Affairs Committee], <hr /></blockquote>

ie, AIPAC, [ 1500 lobbyists in Washington working for a foriegn power to get money out of the US taxpayer]
Can you imagine if another AIPAC came along with the same lobbying power- the AI[ Iran]PAC! There would be cries about how another country was trying to influence Govt policy.
These days , critisizing Israel is to be branded anti-semitic! [ see article] ie you hate the Jews.
If you critisize GW, you hate Americans. You are against the war, you hate the troops, Blah, blah, blah. I,m sick of it. Just recently we got the same $hit when Lamont kicked Liebermans a$$. CNN introduced L as 'the Al Qaida candidate! [ the newsreader later apologised but only because a leftwing blogger-M Huffington- demanded it and made a big deal about it on TV! ]
Cheney said it would encourage 'Al Q types'!

All the hate that I see, is coming from the Right.

Q..........

Fran Crimi
08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
It's very simple. The left (and many liberals too,) have gotten themselves so thick into hatred of everything that remotely resembles Republican theory, that even when something important happens, such as preventing a terrorist attack, the left would never give credit where it's due.

In fact, the hatred has gotten so out of control, that so many left footers would rather see this country fail than see a Republican succeed at anything.

And THAT is what's going to bring this country down.

Fran

Qtec
08-16-2006, 07:59 PM
A rightwing blogger,
[ QUOTE ]
Folks, I hate to break this to you, but it really doesn’t matter very much now what happened in Beirut. Now the story is that a photojournalist — or his editor, or whomever it turns out to be — faked a photo, and that Reuters ran it on their wire. Once you start just making stuff up, the argument is over. You’ve lost. <hr /></blockquote>

When Dan rather got sucked in[ his own fault] over the forged docs about Bush being AWOL, the rightwing used it to cast doubt on all the other evidence they had on Bush.
We are now seeing the same arguement being applied to an absolutely ridiculous touch-up photo that stands out a mile! Its just SO obvious!

Why hasen't the photographer been on CNN to explain himself? Where is this guy?
Strange that someone hasn't tracked him down yet!
GW made some claims[ Niger] based on forged docs and despite repeated warnings, he still made those claims. According to rightwing thinking[ see wedge strategy ] everything else he has said must be suspect!

Q

nAz
08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Ya know looking @ these doctored photos makes me sick... just goes to show that sleazy fox news is not the only source of unbiased news.
question why did they bother to alter the images?... there is enough destruction and death in Beirut to show without having to do this.

Qtec
08-18-2006, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
question why did they bother to alter the images?... <hr /></blockquote>

Exactly. Why bother?

Q

Gayle in MD
08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Fran Writes...
These photographers, or whoever altered the photos should really be charged with a crime. They are propagandizing the war to suit their political and personal agendas.

Fran, I couldn't agree with you more. That's precisely why Bush turns me off! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
08-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Fran,

I don't think you can fairly accuse the people in our country who don't trust Bush, don't believe anything he says, and don't like seeing him increase our enemies, break our laws, and deny his failed policies, while our troops are dying in a civil war for Iraqis who obviously hate us, with wishes to see our country fail.

Personally, I speak out against Bush because I fully believe that he has hurt our country, in many many ways, been decietful, and implemented policies which are destructive and distractive, to our efforts against terrorists. Those who speak out against Bush, love our country, and want to see it succeed, and the fact that we can speak out, is what is truly great about America.

Going into Iraq was a mistake, has not made us safer, and has emboldened terrorists, and increased their numbers, and increased attacks all over the world. To be angry about that, does not mean that dissenters, or the left, as they, or we, are branded, hate Republicans, or George Bush, only the policies which have failed, and the Republicans who blocked any accountability of wrong doing, failed policies, and incompetence.

Even two of the elder representatives from the 9/11 Investigation said last Sunday that Bush has failed to put the protection of this country first, because he has not implemented the suggested safegaurds to secure our safety, and prevent future attacks. Bush, and his administration, did get failing grades in those matters, and it was a bi-partisan rating.

We're all Americans who were devastated by 9/11. We want bin Laden to pay, not our troops. Over 2600 of them are dead from Bush's unrealistic effort to spread democracy in the Middle East. Is that making us safe? How many more must die in an Iraqi Civil War? Obviously, North Korea, and Iran, have taken advantage of our quagmire in Iraq.

What has brought this country down is George Bush, and his failure to heed the advice of people more knowlegable about the Middle East, than he, and his refusal to change course, in a losing battle, which most all experts agree, cannot be won militarily.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Gayle,110 Iraqi civilians killed every day, but not a civil war.
We didn't learn anything from the breakup of Russia, about the power void leading to a struggle, and "ethnic cleansing"
We didn't learn anything form the French fighting an insurgeny war in Viet-Nam, us firghting an insurgency war in viet-Nam, Russia fighting an insurgency war in Afghanistan,us fighting an insurgency war in Afghanistan,
or George senior not wanting to fight such a war in Iraq. Does anybody think the other Middle Eastern country rulers will welcome a democracy in Iraq? Do they want that idea to spread to their country?
There's only one other country in the world that is really supportive of this war.........Iran !!

Gayle in MD
08-19-2006, 05:24 AM
Absolutely, Iran, North Korea, and bin Laden have all taken advantage of Bush's failed policies.

Both Lee Hamilton, and former Republican Govenor Thomas Keane, of the 9/11 commission, clearly stated on Meet The Press last Sunday, that the war in Iraq, has not made us safer, has emboldened the numbers of radical terrorists, and intensified their mission to destroy us. They stated that Iraq has been a distraction from protecting our country from attacks, in terms of attention to our vulnerability, and funds to implement urgent technological safety programs to prevent attacks.

I know of no occasion, where a terror plot has been prevented by Bush, or his policies. The NY plots, as far as I can tell, both the subway, and the bridge, turned out to be greatly exaggerated by the administration as to an actual serious threat. The recent British plot, was discovered by the British, and we were informed by them, not the other way around, as Bush insinuates.

The recent Isreali/Lebanon fighting, and the emerging, or current civil war in Iraq, and threat of a regional Shiite Arch of kaos, turned out to be a win for Hezbollah, and a lose for Bush, insofar as his policy of spreading democracy in the Middle East. We will very soon have been in Iraq longer than we fought in WWII, will have lost more lives than we lost on 9/11, weakened our Military, and greatly expanded the numbers of those who are ready to die, in order to kill us. What man in history has caused this much devastation to our country, while neglecting protection from our real threat, of more terrorist attacks right here?

Iraq's leader critisizes us, right here in our country, while our troops die for their cause, Iraqis vote questionable characters into office, Lebanon votes for Hezbollah, and shows support for a terrorist organization, who killed hundreds of our Marines under Reagan's watch, Madeline Albright sure hit the nail on the nose when she said that Bush's policies have created a perfect storm in the Middle East. Meanwhile, Republicans are out there saying that Bush, and the Republicans, can make us all safer...???? HA HA HA HA....Pahleze! If I were running the Democratic Campaign, ...

" A Vote For A Republican, Is A Vote For Armageddon"

Gayle in Md.