PDA

View Full Version : Scully, are we alone? Gee, you are hot!

Deeman3
08-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Are we alone? There are those of you who donít believe in any life after death and certainly not any type of supreme being, not counting Diana Ross. I know this information is highly personal but I am curious about the people I communicate with each day.

A) Are there other forms of quasi-intelligent life out there? Does Mulder really know what he was talking about?

B) Now that reputable physics has said that alternate realities are not only a possibility but must be necessary to explain uncertainty (Scientific and quantum physics, not regarding your portfolio), does that mean there may be something to spirits, ghosts and communications with dead democrats?

C) If you believe in evolution, what will we become next? Will the greater apes, given time, become somewhat human?

D) How long, assuming you donít believe in the End Times, will we last as a species?

E) If death is the total end, why would it matter one little bit if civilization broke down, the earth was polluted and everything and everyone died off? I mean, itís just a short fun ride anyway, right? The moment we cease to exist, nothing else would matter to us. Why would someone who has no faith in anything other than mortal concepts think this little speck of dirt called earth has meaning? Not being smart here but I just donít make a connection. But I do have a bunch of guns just in case!

F) Would you cry at a funeral as the death of someone would only mean they had no more consciousness, correct? Why not use them as fertilizer instead of interring them?

G) Is Bigfoot real or is that Wolfdancer just screwing with us?

H) Is my butt too fat?

I) If love and pain (hurt) are only chemical reactions with no basis in a higher power, why canít medications be doled out to everyone who needs a mood fix or to love their mate again.

J) Have any of you ever had an event in your life you could not explain by normal scientific means? UFO, ghosts, Kerry winning Florida?

K) How in the world can we explain the big bang? I mean, all the material in the known universe in an area the size of a 7 ball? Religion seems almost easier to defend. Try packing a suitcase for DeeWoman!

L) DeeWoman has just made a conversion from Guilty Catholic to Southern Baptist and we will go to Arkansas next month for her to be baptised. I am suspecting this is a cult but curious enough to risk the mental health of my wife. Is this O.K.?

O.K. I realize no one has to answer these but I thought maybe a few of you would take shots at the ones in your area of expertise or interest.

DeeMan
Yep, it's slow down here.....

Drop1
08-15-2006, 06:27 PM
I never thought it could get that slow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah its a cult,but they make better pies than Catholics.

wolfdancer
08-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Dee, these answers that you seek, may be more perplexing to you then the questions themselves. Consider this; you are a pool player, Harley Rider, and you live in Alabama. That's like some kind of 3 strike thing that you have to deal with first.

AND stop in the Visitor's Center here, and just mention Big Foot....after about 45 minutes of Bigfoot stories,and fourth person attested sightings....you'll be a believer....

DickLeonard
08-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Deeman

[L]I just can't figure if your a guilty Catholic how being a Southern Baptist will free your soul. When it comes Judgement day they are going to use God's rules not Man's. The only thing I know it is very hard for a Republican to get into heaven and I am looking forward to peace in heaven.

[J] I did have an encounter with a ghost, up till that time I never gave a thought about the eeerie.

[H] Fat Butt is good, fat belly is bad, especially on a Harley.

[A] Who is Mulder?

These thoughts are way to deep for a poolplayer.####

Deeman3
08-16-2006, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dee, these answers that you seek, may be more perplexing to you then the questions themselves. Consider this; you are a pool player, Harley Rider, and you live in Alabama. That's like some kind of 3 strike thing that you have to deal with first. <font color="blue"> Maybe I was a pool player before I moved to Alabama. I don't ride a Harley, it's a Boulavard. Like Spiderman says, "It's too hot to push a Harley in Alabama. I can't argue with you at all on the last point. Strike three!!!/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif</font color>

DeeMan

AND stop in the Visitor's Center here, and just mention Big Foot....after about 45 minutes of Bigfoot stories,and fourth person attested sightings....you'll be a believer.... <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
08-16-2006, 05:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman

[L]I just can't figure if your a guilty Catholic how being a Southern Baptist will free your soul. When it comes Judgement day they are going to use God's rules not Man's. The only thing I know it is very hard for a Republican to get into heaven and I am looking forward to peace in heaven. <font color="blue"> True, but the wife has some theory the Catholic was misrepresenting itself to her over these many years so she will get dunked next month by the Baptists. I will be there to support her transition. I am building a stairway to heaven, I've saved up these oh so many years... </font color>

[J] I did have an encounter with a ghost, up till that time I never gave a thought about the eeerie. <font color="blue"> I never have but would not doubt a sincere man. </font color>

[H] Fat Butt is good, fat belly is bad, especially on a Harley. <font color="blue"> Damn, I'm shot both ways.... </font color>

[A] Who is Mulder? <font color="blue"> The lead character on "The X Files." but my thinner alter ego.... </font color>

These thoughts are way to deep for a poolplayer.#### <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> Hell, I've heard every far out thought from pool players my entire life. Louie Roberts thought we were all living under a big microscope and some giants were watching us all the time. However, he ahs not contacted me to let me know if that was true. </font color>

DeeMan
Where are more answers?

Ace
08-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I, at one time, had a ghost take the cue ball off of the pool table, during a game, out an open door, and down the street near a traffic light. It just had to be a ghost, surely it could not have been my fault! LOL
Dee was there. Maybe it was Voodoo?

Deeman3
08-17-2006, 05:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ace:</font><hr> I, at one time, had a ghost take the cue ball off of the pool table, during a game, out an open door, and down the street near a traffic light. It just had to be a ghost, surely it could not have been my fault! LOL
Dee was there. Maybe it was Voodoo? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ace,

If I remember correctly, it was a world record for cue ball travel, at least everyone had a Guiness when we chased the ball down. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

DeeMan

SPetty
08-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll take a crack at a few...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>E) If death is the total end, why would it matter one little bit if civilization broke down, the earth was polluted and everything and everyone died off? I mean, itís just a short fun ride anyway, right?<hr /></blockquote>If it is a short fun ride, it would be much shorter and not nearly as much fun.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>H) Is my butt too fat?<hr /></blockquote>Your butt is just fine.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>I) If love and pain (hurt) are only chemical reactions with no basis in a higher power, why canít medications be doled out to everyone who needs a mood fix or to love their mate again.<hr /></blockquote>I think it's the FDA and all those anti-drug laws... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>J) Have any of you ever had an event in your life you could not explain by normal scientific means? UFO, ghosts, Kerry winning Florida?<hr /></blockquote>When I was 12 years old or so, my friend heard me say something, but I didn't say it, I only thought it.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>K) How in the world can we explain the big bang? I mean, all the material in the known universe in an area the size of a 7 ball? <hr /></blockquote>It's magic.

Deeman3
08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Good answers, SPetty. and I love your experience with the friend "hearing" your unspoken words.

DeeMan

dg-in-centralpa
08-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I'll also take a crack at your list.

J) Ghosts - yeah I believe in them. I've never seen any, but the house I lived in as a kid had ghosts. Nothing bad, just things moved around, lights turned on when we knew they were off, things setting in the middle of the floor that weren't their when we left. A woman who lived there before us was a devout Catholic - fish every Friday. My brother's bedroom smelled like fish every Friday for almost a year. We had a two story house and the smell would be there when we got home from school and my parents weren't home from work. They ripped up the new carpet and resealed the floors, ripped the drywall off and redid that as well but to no avail. Eventually it stopped.
L) Deewoman turning Baptist - could be worse, she could turn Amish with the plain clothes, horse and buggies, etc.

DG - slow here as well

sack316
08-17-2006, 11:02 PM
K) How in the world can we explain the big bang?

I always thought the big bang occured when Chuck Norris went to roundhouse kick Mr. T, and Mr. T blocked it!

And, man to man, yes your butt looks fine.

Sack

Qtec
08-18-2006, 05:24 AM
The way we are going, mankind will self-destruct. If we want to save the planet we have to think long term. Oil companiy executives only worry about making money.
Even the Reps think its OK to destroy the planet as long as you make a profit!

Q

Deeman3
08-18-2006, 05:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I'll also take a crack at your list.

J) Ghosts - yeah I believe in them. I've never seen any, but the house I lived in as a kid had ghosts. Nothing bad, just things moved around, lights turned on when we knew they were off, things setting in the middle of the floor that weren't their when we left. A woman who lived there before us was a devout Catholic - fish every Friday. My brother's bedroom smelled like fish every Friday for almost a year. We had a two story house and the smell would be there when we got home from school and my parents weren't home from work. They ripped up the new carpet and resealed the floors, ripped the drywall off and redid that as well but to no avail. Eventually it stopped. <font color="blue">Wow, I have heard of these things but never experienced anything this wierd. </font color>
L) Deewoman turning Baptist - could be worse, she could turn Amish with the plain clothes, horse and buggies, etc. <font color="blue"> Spare me! However, if she would use that Kelly McGillis look, who knows? LOL </font color>

DG - slow here as well <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
08-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Here goes, hold on!

Are we alone? I doubt it, but, Ya Nevah Know! There are those of you who donít believe in any life after death and certainly not any type of supreme being, not counting Diana Ross. I know this information is highly personal but I am curious about the people I communicate with each day.

A) Are there other forms of quasi-intelligent life out there? Does Mulder really know what he was talking about? Sure, and Ken Mehlman is their leader!

B) Now that reputable physics has said that alternate realities are not only a possibility but must be necessary to explain uncertainty (Scientific and quantum physics, not regarding your portfolio), does that mean there may be something to spirits, ghosts and communications with dead democrats? Haven't heard from JFK, yet, but if he's out there, just want him to know, he can park his shoes under my bed any night!

C) If you believe in evolution, what will we become next? Hopefully, Democrats! Will the greater apes, given time, become somewhat human? Only if we push for campaign reform!

D) How long, assuming you donít believe in the End Times, will we last as a species? Depends on whether or not Bush is impeached in time!

E) If death is the total end, why would it matter one little bit if civilization broke down, the earth was polluted and everything and everyone died off? I mean, itís just a short fun ride anyway, right? The moment we cease to exist, nothing else would matter to us. Why would someone who has no faith in anything other than mortal concepts think this little speck of dirt called earth has meaning? Not being smart here but I just donít make a connection. But I do have a bunch of guns just in case! So far, the guns are your best bet!

F) Would you cry at a funeral as the death of someone would only mean they had no more consciousness, correct? Mostly we cry because we're crying for ourselves, because we know we're going to miss them, or because their end was so tragic and/or untimely. Why not use them as fertilizer instead of interring them? What? And put Scotts out of business! No way!

G) Is Bigfoot real or is that Wolfdancer just screwing with us? Now don't you talk about my Wolf like that! He's my rock! Besides, Wolf, Dick and yours truly, have all seen Bigfoot, Bigfoot in Crooked Mouth, that is, that last time we watched Bush speak in public!

H) Is my butt too fat? Everything is perfect just the way it is, only we don't know it!

I) If love and pain (hurt) are only chemical reactions with no basis in a higher power, why canít medications be doled out to everyone who needs a mood fix or to love their mate again. Where've you been, happens everyday!

J) Have any of you ever had an event in your life you could not explain by normal scientific means? UFO, ghosts, Kerry winning Florida? Yeah, and I read about it the next day in the British News headline! How Can Forty Million People....

K) How in the world can we explain the big bang? We never will! I mean, all the material in the known universe in an area the size of a 7 ball? I just hope I'm not an atom in some billionaire's diamond ring! Religion seems almost easier to defend. No need to defend it, to each his own! Try packing a suitcase for DeeWoman! Try lifting my boat bags!

L) DeeWoman has just made a conversion from Guilty Catholic to Southern Baptist, No conversion, just different food, costumes and music! and we will go to Arkansas next month for her to be baptised. I'm guessing you won't be checking out Clinton's Library? I am suspecting this is a cult Watch out for the snakes! but curious enough to risk the mental health of my wife. Is this O.K.? As long as you pack your guns, and take a grain of salt!

O.K. I realize no one has to answer these but I thought maybe a few of you would take shots at the ones in your area of expertise or interest. The only answers, are the ones we make.

DeeMan

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You're not, by any chance, the famous Slowskis, from the Comcast commercial, are you?

SnakebyteXX
08-18-2006, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Are we alone? There are those of you who donít believe in any life after death and certainly not any type of supreme being, not counting Diana Ross. I know this information is highly personal but I am curious about the people I communicate with each day.

A) Are there other forms of quasi-intelligent life out there? Does Mulder really know what he was talking about?

<font color="blue">I think about it like this: In spite of how highly we might think of our allegedly advanced state of technology and science etc. the fact is that we're less than a century and a half from the time of horse power and whale oil lamps. In other words - we're still pretty new to the whole 'figuring it out' process. A process that will no doubt continue with many revelations and life changing events over the next few hundred/thousand/million years.

Now take that state of 'not being nearly as advanced as we think we are' and compare it to the prospect that we may well have been (are being) visited by interstellar visitors who have thus far refrained from making any indisputable overt public introductions.

Mathematically, is it possible that given the size of the Cosmos there could be another million or ten Earth like planets out there? Maybe. Is it possible that what ever intelligent life may have developed on those planets at least a couple of them could conceivably be thousands if not millions of years ahead of where our relatively primitive niche in evolution currently stands? Maybe.

I'm thinking that given the age and size of the Cosmos anything is possible. Up to and including visitors who fly around in those unknown objects we hear about from time to time. However, my gut feeling is that if we are being visited that those visitors probably view us on the level of how a human might view an amoeba - something that inspires curiosity but hardly worthy of enough respect to warrant a formal introduction.

</font color>

C) If you believe in evolution, what will we become next? ?

<font color="blue">Eventually? Telepathy. Some of us already have it to some small degree. I think it's in the cards that we will some day be able to communicate via thought - without the need for spoken language. </font color>

D) How long, assuming you donít believe in the End Times, will we last as a species?

<font color="blue">I think the 'End Times' could arrive at any moment - or it could take thousands of years to get here. One things for sure, it's not going to come in the form of some Y2K target date or because the head of the Jehovah's Witnesses has had a vision. More likely from a meteorite or an unstoppable plague or electing another Republican to the White House. </font color>

E) If death is the total end, why would it matter one little bit if civilization broke down, the earth was polluted and everything and everyone died off? I mean, itís just a short fun ride anyway, right? The moment we cease to exist, nothing else would matter to us. Why would someone who has no faith in anything other than mortal concepts think this little speck of dirt called earth has meaning? Not being smart here but I just donít make a connection. But I do have a bunch of guns just in case!

<font color="blue">The connection is a reverence for life. One does not require a religious affiliation to have respect for all living things or a desire to see that life continue in the best conditions possible. That reverence for life extends to our children and their children and their children's children. Why would I not want anything but the best future world to live in for all my descendants? Seems like a no brainer to me. </font color>

I) If love and pain (hurt) are only chemical reactions with no basis in a higher power, why canít medications be doled out to everyone who needs a mood fix or to love their mate again.

<font color="blue">It's already happening they're called 'anti-depressants'. All kidding aside, Freud in his final years became convinced that mental illnesses like schizophrenia were in fact caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. When Sandoz stumbled on to LSD back in the thirties it seemed to confirm the idea that a miniscule amount of the right drug could in fact transform one's entire thought process. At that time as now LSD remains the strongest (dose per effect) drug ever discovered.

Studies of 'love' the world over have shown that it is likely chemical in its origins and that eventually that chemistry ceases to work its magic. As to what the EXACT chemicals are and how to artificially recreate them in a laboratory? Believe me they're working on it even as we speak. </font color>

J) Have any of you ever had an event in your life you could not explain by normal scientific means?

<font color="blue">I've had enough of them both major and minor in my life to convince me that there's more to the universe than meets our eye. Minor things like having the image of an old friend that I'd not heard from for months suddenly flash in to my mind and moments later the phone will ring and it's THEM calling from three thousand miles away. (had this happen on a local level a bunch too - got so bad that if my wife heard me say, "Honey, you know who we haven't heard from for a long time?" She'd start looking at the phone waiting for it to ring with a call from, guess who?).

Even weirder? In Casinos, I have had the knack to call black jacks before they're dealt - without counting cards. I can pick slot machines that are about to pay out. (this on is SUCH an absurd thing to claim - I know it. However, I have several thousands of dollars in payouts over the years and LOTS of people who will vouch for my 'special' talant.)

One of the weirdest telepathic experiences I've ever had involved a former high school teacher that I hadn't seen for twenty years even though we both live in the same small town. One day as I was running an errand to the local hardware store an image of his face came into my mind. I couldn't figure out why I was suddenly thinking about this guy but moments later as I parked my car and entered the store -there he was standing in line at the checkout stand. Blew me away. </font color>

O.K. I realize no one has to answer these but I thought maybe a few of you would take shots at the ones in your area of expertise or interest.

DeeMan

<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Very thoughtful answers, Snakebyte.

dg-in-centralpa
08-18-2006, 01:40 PM
However, if she would use that Kelly McGillis look, who knows? LOL Quote DeeMan

Kelly was hot looking. I can get you Amish dresses if you want Deewoman to dress up and fullfill your fantasies.LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

dg-in-centralpa
08-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Even weirder? In Casinos, I have had the knack to call black jacks before they're dealt - without counting cards. I can pick slot machines that are about to pay out. (this on is SUCH an absurd thing to claim - I know it. However, I have several thousands of dollars in payouts over the years and LOTS of people who will vouch for my 'special' talant.)

Quote Snakebyte

Can I hire you the next time I go to the casinos? How about a percentage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DG

wolfdancer
08-18-2006, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More likely from a meteorite or an unstoppable plague or electing another Republican to the White House. <hr /></blockquote>
Did you list those in the order of preference?