PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Billiards Series--please help!!!

thekid
08-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Does anyone out there have the issue of Billiards Digest (early-mid '90's) that features Joe Balsis in the "Legends of Billiards" series? The name of the article was "Changing Shafts"...

I believe that there was also a special BCA Tradeshow edition of Billiard Digest that was published in either 2002/2003 that featured multiple articles from the legends series...

Thanks for all of your help!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

08-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Send me your mailing address and I'll see that you get a copy of the Balsis bio. GF

thekid
08-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I had lost the issue and recently found it--thanks for your help guys and gals!

DickLeonard
08-23-2006, 05:54 AM
the Kid any reason that you wanted the Joe Balsis feature?
Joe Balsis happened to be my Favorite Player on and off the table. I think Rod will second that opinion.####

thekid
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
well, the gentleman that showed me the fundamentals of the game was from Pennsylvania and learned from a man named George Brandt (also from PA, and a childhood friend of Mosconi's)......Balsis' name came up quite a few times throughout the course of him teaching me...

do you have any idea of how to get ahold of some footage of Joe playing (besides the ESPN Classic they aired on tv in the '80s, and the '66 BCA Open)??? Thanks for your help!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif