PDA

View Full Version : breaking cue

berlowmj
08-18-2006, 12:36 AM
What is the best breaking cue? sledge hammer, predator bk, other?

bsmutz
08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Whatever works best for you. You can search the archives for recommendations and reviews of cues that different people like to play with.

tjlmbklr
08-19-2006, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote berlowmj:</font><hr> What is the best breaking cue? sledge hammer, predator bk, other? <hr /></blockquote>

I own a custom J/B cue, built by Kevin Varney, and with little experience and a B level player on my good days, can jump a ball from less then five inches away(first day I had it) I can even use english on the break and masse a jump if i want. It has what he referrs to as a "canvas resin" tip/ferrule. And if you've seen the video of people jumping from very close distances with just the shaft, well I can (sometimes) jump from about a 1/2" away.

Do a search for him on AZ site AZ Forums (http://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php) , he's popular there. I know he hasn't been around for the last few weeks because his shop is exspanding.

walt8880
08-19-2006, 10:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote berlowmj:</font><hr> What is the best breaking cue? sledge hammer, predator bk, other? <hr /></blockquote>

I own a custom J/B cue, built by Kevin Varney, and with little experience and a B level player on my good days, can jump a ball from less then five inches away(first day I had it) I can even use english on the break and masse a jump if i want. It has what he referrs to as a "canvas resin" tip/ferrule. And if you've seen the video of people jumping from very close distances with just the shaft, well I can (sometimes) jump from about a 1/2" away.

Do a search for him on AZ site AZ Forums (http://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php) , he's popular there. I know he hasn't been around for the last few weeks because his shop is exspanding. <hr /></blockquote>

I play with a Varney J/B also and second all the comments above.

tjlmbklr
08-19-2006, 11:18 PM

Do a search for him on AZ site AZ Forums (http://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php) , he's popular there. I know he hasn't been around for the last few weeks because his shop is exspanding. <hr /></blockquote>

I play with a Varney J/B also and second all the comments above. <hr /></blockquote>

If only Kevin knew the respect he gets all over the web....lol. He's just a AZ'er as far as I know.

Cornerman
08-20-2006, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote berlowmj:</font><hr> What is the best breaking cue? sledge hammer, predator bk, other? <hr /></blockquote>IMO, The XBreaker and the Stinger.

Fred

ryushen21
08-20-2006, 08:24 AM
I personally like my Mezz Power Break II