PDA

View Full Version : pool table weight?

irunrax
08-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know an estimated weight of a 7ft brunswick with solid wood construction and 3/4" slate? The model is the Highlander. I have been told it is comparible to a waterbed. Thanks to anyone who knows.

tjlmbklr
08-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I have a 8ft olhausen, it is some solid, some veneer, and it goes about 7-800 lbs.

Eric.
08-22-2006, 08:29 AM
If I had to guesstimate, I would say around 600 lbs. IF the exact weight is crucial, maybe you should contact Brunswick Billiards.

Eric

Pizza Bob
08-22-2006, 10:56 AM
If you are worried about the load imposed on the floors of your home, I wouldn't be. If your house meets local building codes you should have no trouble whatsoever. Just my $.02 worth.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

irunrax
08-25-2006, 05:34 AM
My home was built in 1925 and has hardwood floors throughout. I talked to a home inspector who said it would not interfere with the integrity of the home, however, he did advise me to put osb over hardwood to distribute some of the weight where the legs touch the floor to prevent the hardwood from splitting. Thanks for all input.

tjlmbklr
08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey my house was built in 1900, I converted my attic into a full living space/pool room. The floor is only 2x6 and they are 16" on center. My opinion is you shouldn't have any issues. I have a 8' table.

NJ_Jason
08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I have worked in the install business for 5 years now, and we have literally done hundreds of tables. I have NEVER seen a problem with pool table weight. We deliver to older apartments in NYC, and antique homes here. I would say you would be A-OK. If you do the math, it is porbably about 600 punds, split between 4 legs. That's about 150lbs in each spot, no different then 4 people standing in a square.

irunrax
08-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Thanks again for the responses. All input is welcome.

grobar
08-28-2006, 05:52 AM
I agree with all of the other posts here. I have a table that weighs over a thousand pounds (slate, solid hard wood blah blah) and I DID decide to support the floor because of my pool table weight (http://www.billiardsforum.info/billiard-room/pool-table-weight.asp) just to prevent an unbalanced table as players walk around it.

If the space below the floor is a basement, you can buy those round steel posts from a local hardware store. install one under each leg. Probably WAY too much, but i guess im just paranoid. Wanted a perfectly level table at all times /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif